British Speedway Forum

the Leicester deal is only short term . so maybe the last part of Bees last season will be played out at Peterborough

Good luck with that

That is quite possibly how Coventry will limp through the season - at Leicester and then Peterborough before sadly fading from the scene altogether. Which is what the person who authorised the Brandon destruction wanted all along. Once major items such as the lights went , what hope was there.

the Leicester deal is only short term . so maybe the last part of Bees last season will be played out at Peterborough

We don't want anything to do with Horton at Peterborough, been there done that and had to pick up the pieces manually and financially . Anyway how many Bees supporters would travel as I couldn't see many Panthers fans going to swell the crowd for anything that involves Horton as he's not welcome at Peterborough.

We don't want anything to do with Horton at Peterborough, been there done that and had to pick up the pieces manually and financially . Anyway how many Bees supporters would travel as I couldn't see many Panthers fans going to swell the crowd for anything that involves Horton as he's not welcome at Peterborough.

Well, I've seen him there often enough so how does he get in?

Would you care to explain what happened when he was involved last time with Peterborough because from what I can understand they were on the verge of closing down before he took over? In hindsight Tuesday night racing was a big mistake and he must have lost loads of money keeping going to the end of the season.

• Like 3

And don't forget you're not allowed to repeat it on here, it's a secret! ;)

I would be happy to report on proceedings.

Unfortunately my wife is working which leaves me without transport. Anyone going from the Rugby area?

I would love to make the meeting but a 12 hour shift then probably standing for a couple of hours isn't the most comforting idea

• Like 1

I have been a regular at Brandon since Peterborough dropped down from the EL!

• Like 1

Can't see that tbh, but this Bees team would be almost unbeatable at the Showground...

• Like 4

I agree with the post that Coventry may ''limp out of the season'' but after Brandon Stadium Peterborough is my favourite track and I will support them limping out of there despite my sadness.

Well, I've seen him there often enough so how does he get in?

Would you care to explain what happened when he was involved last time with Peterborough because from what I can understand they were on the verge of closing down before he took over? In hindsight Tuesday night racing was a big mistake and he must have lost loads of money keeping going to the end of the season.

And twice we were on the verge of closing down when he was in charge. As for his entry to the showground meetings , he can do that because he's a BSPA member. There was an issue with air fence panels which seemed to find there way to Coventry amongst several other things that still rankles with Panthers supporters

They were on the verge of closing down before he took over though so who was the promoter then? Admittedly it didn't work out that season but Peterborough always seem to struggle to keep going from one year to the next. I'm just glad they seem more stable now as it's my favourite track and Sunday meeting are ideal for me to get over from Leicester. They allow dogs too which is always a bonus. :lol:

Would expect Horton to say he can't comment on the Brandon situation, as it may affect the chances of going back there in the future.

Won't be worth the effort of him driving over from Peterborough then will it? Why would he bother.

Edited by Gemini

Weren't Coventry and Belle Vue due to 'share' some NL fixtures? Maybe the Bees will look to the NSS to stage some fixtures if Brandon is delayed after June?

They were on the verge of closing down before he took over though so who was the promoter then? Admittedly it didn't work out that season but Peterborough always seem to struggle to keep going from one year to the next. I'm just glad they seem more stable now as it's my favourite track and Sunday meeting are ideal for me to get over from Leicester. They allow dogs too which is always a bonus. :lol:

Won't be worth the effort of him driving over from Peterborough then will it? Why would he bother.

Rick Frost was the person to bail out Panthers when Colin Horton got into financial difficulties after taking over from Mick Horton ,and when Rick decided to pull out of promoting he rented the lease to Mick Horton who took out a 2 year deal but midway through the 1st season Ged Rathbone came on board and bailed him out. and at the end of the season Horton said he would not continue for a second season.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

Read in the star that Horton says that Sandu has been in discussions as have other interested parties .Does this mean Brandon estates are looking to sell or lease Horton also says parties other than myself are in discussions?