British Speedway Forum

So Horton won't sign the new contract!! It was agreed all items will be put back so what's the problem? Why involve the police? Delay tactics as far as I can see from Horton and co! What a joke.

So Horton won't sign the new contract!! It was agreed all items will be put back so what's the problem? Why involve the police? Delay tactics as far as I can see from Horton and co! What a joke.

Read the article properly.

The stadium owners are calling the police in. Nothing to do with the speedway club.

I still think Sandhu has something to do with Brandon Estates. It's all a stitch up.

• Like 3

Not just Horton who hasn't signed - its also Brandon Estates the owners!! They are the ones that have called in the police!!

nb. Beat me to it CB252

Edited by Skidder1

Ihave already been accused of being a pessimist but I would strongly emphasise the point that neither Horton/Watson have released any communication post the releases from Councillor Stokes and Sandhu via the Stoxsite. Why if they were happy they would have been anxious to reassure the fans with season tickets etc on the horizon. Sorry I still feel there is something wrong with the reassurances we had nearly two weeks ago. Sorry we deserve a statement from the Speedway sources!

Join the club. I admire all those fans who have been optimistic up to now but the fact there has been no reassuring statement at all from the promoters speaks volumes. Statement signed on November 3rd but now it seems clear nothing has been signed. As Nan would say 'What a load of old rubbish.'

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

The continued silence from Mick Horton since the 'agreement' became increasingly worrying.....now we know why.

Where the hell do we go from here?

• Like 1

As Nan would say 'What a load of old rubbish.'

I've never heard her use the word 'rubbish'! :rofl:

• Like 1

So let me see if I've got this right....

Brandon Estates own the Stadium.

Avtar Sandhu owns Coventry Stox and wants/has a lease from Brandon Estates to run Stox next year and the two years after.

Mick Horton owns the speedway rights and wants/has a lease from Brandon Estates to run speedway next year and the two years after.

The ownership of the fixture and fittings is in dispute. Avtar Sandhu says they are his and has taken them away. Brandon Estates say they are theirs and have been removed illegally.

Given the above, if Brandon Estates begin legal procedings against Avtar Sandhu, I can't see the fixtures and fittings being reinstated anytime soon.

I wanted to take an optimistic view of matters after Michael Stokes brokered the latest deal. But this doesn't look good.

oleoleole...........Where the hell do we go from here?

Heaven knows but it will probably be Leicester for me being as it's only up the road, if they ever get sorted out of course.

.......False dawn.......... Given the above, if Brandon Estates begin legal procedings against Avtar Sandhu, I can't see the fixtures and fittings being reinstated anytime soon.

I wanted to take an optimistic view of matters after Michael Stokes brokered the latest deal. But this doesn't look good.

No it doesn't and we all know how quickly the law works. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

Horton wants out. He'll end up ruining another club - Leicester anyone!

• Like 1

Brandon estates have confirmed the lease has been signed by Horton. I get the impression Horton has been told by Brandon Estates to hold off signing the deal with Sandhu as they wanted to inspect the site to see what state it is in. Now they seem to be getting the police involved I severely doubt any deal will be signed with Sandhu and that will unfortunately mean no motor racing at Brandon.

But I don't understand why the police would get involved as Sandu has agreed to return all items at his own cost!! Regardless of an inspection it was going to be put right!

• Like 1

But I don't understand why the police would get involved as Sandu has agreed to return all items at his own cost!! Regardless of an inspection it was going to be put right!

Maybe Sandhu has gone back on his word...

You're thinking no intention to permanently deprive. A bit like trespassers won't be prosecuted.

Maybe Sandhu has gone back on his word...

why would Sandu go back on his word when earns a lot of money from the stox .I think someone might want out and is not trying to get it solved been back from USA a while now but no statement
  • Like 4