British Speedway Forum

We have our own forum thanks! :D Why don't you do a Coventry forum? You moaning about Poole been talked about is keeping Poole talked about! Lol.

Poole had a good forum until one poster ruined it has you may well know

yet its jumped on because its a success story and that can't be allowed on a Coventry thread. The point being that if the Poole website can have 100,000 hits week, so could Coventrys with some serious work.

But success has to be frowned upon, right?

Don't you think most Bees fans have more to worry about than a successful website???

Your post while good willed couldn't be worse timed.

They just want to know they have a team and track in 2017. Achieving that will be there success this tear. :neutral:

• Like 1

Don't you think most Bees fans have more to worry about than a successful website???

They just want to know they have a team and track in 2017. Achieving that will be there success this tear. :neutral:

He just loves rubbing their nose in it.Patronising is Shovlar,s forte,unfortunately some of the others follow him like love struck lemmings.

• Like 2

Lol! This started because a Coventry fan was moaning about the lack of an online Bees presence, and I responded to the post by stating what Matt Ford had posted just the day before on the poole website. It was a direct response to the post and bang on topic, yet its jumped on because its a success story and that can't be allowed on a Coventry thread. The point being that if the Poole website can have 100,000 hits week, so could Coventrys with some serious work.

So on the basis that the truth hurts, there seem to be many Bees fans in pain. Why not just apologise for their suffering whilst not conceding the accuracy of the facts in hand?

So on the basis that the truth hurts, there seem to be many Bees fans in pain. Why not just apologise for their suffering whilst not conceding the accuracy of the facts in hand?

Why should I apologise for the crap way their club has been managed over recent years? Seems to be a Coventry thing. Their football team is just as badly run.

May as well shut down this thread if no one is allowed to post unless its to placate Coventry fans. We all hope everything is sorted out so they can run, that's obvious. But to be moaned at whilst I am posting on topic is laughable.

Why should I apologise for the crap way their club has been managed over recent years? Seems to be a Coventry thing. Their football team is just as badly run.

May as well shut down this thread if no one is allowed to post unless its to placate Coventry fans. We all hope everything is sorted out so they can run, that's obvious. But to be moaned at whilst I am posting on topic is laughable.

There is nothing laughable about immature and condescending posts on this thread in the present situation. It's not big or clever, it is in fact quite sad and say's alot about the poster :rolleyes:

• Like 9

Stick to it, then, and leave this one alone

Not up to you! You're worse than Starman. If you don't like it, YOU can leave :)

Poole had a good forum until one poster ruined it has you may well know

Don't really go on there.

So why did a Coventry fan bring up the whole online presence thing then?
  • Like 1

So why did a Coventry fan bring up the whole online presence thing then?

So just ignore the others who have more to worry about then?

It's the answer I expected however.

Meanwhile like the rest of sensible speedway and Coventry fans let's all hope good news is forthcoming now Horton is officially taken over and updates will reassure them.

Your wasting your time Steve. Unless you say what they want you to say your not liked.

Lol! This started because a Coventry fan was moaning about the lack of an online Bees presence, and I responded to the post by stating what Matt Ford had posted just the day before on the poole website. It was a direct response to the post and bang on topic, yet its jumped on because its a success story and that can't be allowed on a Coventry thread. The point being that if the Poole website can have 100,000 hits week, so could Coventrys with some serious work.

100,000 hits isn't that impressive. The front page has at least 20 files, so that's possibly only 20,000 views. The real number is number of unique visitors and what he bounce rate (people who click hen leave) is. If that 20k views mentioned if every visitor clicks 5 pages then it's only 4000 visits a week and if people visit on average twice a week it's only 2000 unique visits.

My fingers are all made up but they do prove that the headline 100k could very easily be a small number of actual users. Speedway-stats for example sees people look at on average about 13 pages. But the hot hit rate is massive as just looking at the riders page loads 100+ pictures! Pooles 100k is pathetic compared to speedway stats! Maybe I should look for a 10k sponsor 😂

Edited by SCB

So Stevebrum and the self righteous see themselves as some defender of the "right", while none Coventry fans are now not allowed to post on a Coventry thread unless its to wallow in self pity.

I have every right to post on this thread as others have to post on the Poole thread. My posts were not gloating, just responding on topic to to a post from a Coventry fan about social media. If others don't like debate and the topic of conversation then don't reply. Its simple.

To say my post was wrong about having a successful website and online presence is frankly laughable when using the argument that Coventry might not run. My point is relevant regardless of club, sport or business.

100,000 hits isn't that impressive. The front page has at least 20 files, so that's possibly only 20,000 views. The real number is number of unique visitors and what he bounce rate (people who click hen leave) is. If that 20k views mentioned if every visitor clicks 5 pages then it's only 4000 visits a week and if people visit on average twice a week it's only 2000 unique visits.

My fingers are all made up but they do prove that the headline 100k could very easily be a small number of actual users. Speedway-stats for example sees people look at on average about 13 pages. But the hot hit rate is massive as just looking at the riders page loads 100+ pictures! Pooles 100k is pathetic compared to speedway stats! Maybe I should look for a 10k sponsor

I am fully aware of this having owned websites in the past with over 250,000 unique visitors. A day. But in speedway terms not a bad score. Rarely go there myself.

• Like 1

I know you understand it but surely you have to admit that using, "hits" is a poor matrix. Nobody cares about, "hits" as it's an arbitrary figure based on the number of files on your page.

Anyone clicking http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/riders will give me about 180-200 hits. Someone looking at http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/10/2016/1 will get me about 10

So just ignore the others who have more to worry about then?

It's the answer I expected however.

Meanwhile like the rest of sensible speedway and Coventry fans let's all hope good news is forthcoming now Horton is officially taken over and updates will reassure them.

So a Coventry fan starts it all off and yet no one is allowed to reply to it! I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere. Horton will do whatever he wants anyway no matter what is discussed on here.. Edited by lisa-colette

So a Coventry fan starts it all off and yet no one is allowed to reply to it! I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere. Horton will do whatever he wants anyway no matter what is discussed on here..

No no no Lisa. No Poole fan is allowed to reply to it. Get it right.. :rofl: