British Speedway Forum

No of course they don't. If Sandhu and/or his family are involved with Brandon Estates the last thing they want is to let the stadium be up and running again so obviously the answer is to keep Sandhu out......or am I being too cynical and suspicious? :wink:

I not sure if he is or isn't I've had several different stories I don't know what to believe. I do think that Sandhu is likely to make money from houses at Brandon though.

Positive news from the latest SGB tweets.!!

Something is certainly going on in the background. Edited by woz01

I not sure if he is or isn't I've had several different stories I don't know what to believe. I do think that Sandhu is likely to make money from houses at Brandon though.

Something is certainly going on.

Or a speedway takeaway.

Bloody sure he is.. Thats why he wants it..

foamfence, on 24 Jan 2017 - 6:36 PM, said:foamfence, on 24 Jan 2017 - 6:36 PM, said:

Whilst there is still genuine belief that the Bees can remain on track in 2017, we will continue to give them that opportunity. Many thanks.

If a home cannot be found for the Bees & the BSPA wish them to carry on why not allow them to ride all their meetings on the road ? The extra revenue the tracks make from the extra meeting could be divided up between the two participating clubs .To be fair the Bees do seem to take more supporters away than most teams . I have read many times on here Bees fans are not going to go to Leicester & Lions don't want em anyway !!! Surely its better to have Coventry visiting than a meaningless fixture filler ?

Edited by BANANAMAN
  • Like 1

If a home cannot be found for the Bees & the BSPA wish them to carry on why not allow them to ride all their meetings on the road ? The extra revenue the tracks make from the extra meeting could be divided up between the two participating clubs .To be fair the Bees do seem to take more supporters away than most teams . I have read many times on here Bees fans are not going to go to Leicester & Lions don't want em anyway !!! Surely its better to have Coventry visiting than a meaningless fixture filler ?

I expect there would be two issues:

1. I imagine that if the home club takes only half the revenue, they've I'll lose money hosting the fixture

2. I imagine this would mean bees riders riding for the "standard" rate that the home team need to pay. Would the likes of king and Bjerre actually ride for this?

. Also Wasps haven't been based in London for years.

No they were based at Wycombe, they never have in their history been based anywhere near Coventry. They are a franchise club,in the same way MK Dons are a franchise in football. :mad: There is and always has been a rugby club in Coventry with over a 100 years of history, called Coventry Rugby Club, that has always represented this City. A club that has produced numerous England internationals and were the top club in England in the 1970's.

• Like 2

No they were based at Wycombe, they never have in their history been based anywhere near Coventry. They are a franchise club,in the same way MK Dons are a franchise in football. :mad: There is and always has been a rugby club in Coventry with over a 100 years of history, called Coventry Rugby Club, that has always represented this City. A club that has produced numerous England internationals and were the top club in England in the 1970's.

Yes I do know Coventry Rugby Club, I used to have a season ticket as a child (think i was 13) when they were still at Coundon road. Went to Moseley school behind it and the players sometimes trained on the school field. I still attend occasionally just like I do with every major Coventry sports team, there are a few!

Edited by woz01

Sounds like some people on here would rather the plug be pulled on the Bees last Friday rather than they be saved a week later? Just so they can carry on their lives without the burden of doubt on their shoulders? If it was my team id be happy to wait until the day before the season started if it meant they were to compete that year.

Lions supporters just feel their season is being held up because of the Cov situation. You have Cov fans hoping the talking continues and Lions fans hoping the talking ends. Like you say does it matter ? There are still 6 weeks to the Ben Fund. There's time

• Like 1

The sport is in the biggest mess in its history so it's far too early to be asking anyone to applaud the person in charge of this ongoing embarrassment until everyone sees a sport to be proud of attending each week.

At the end of the last season there EL teams were either closed or in the process of it. Due to the BSPA, and the personal intervention of the chairman Buster, two are about certain to open, and maybe the third which is outside busters control now.

You don't 'alf talk a load of crap at times.

• Like 5

At the end of the last season there EL teams were either closed or in the process of it. Due to the BSPA, and the personal intervention of the chairman Buster, two are about certain to open, and maybe the third which is outside busters control now.

It doesn't detract from the fact that speedway is in a hell of a mess though, does it? I know you are a 'glass is half full' kind of guy, but even your sanguine feelings must be being tested?

• Like 1

Whether you like them or not, is your choice. However what is indisputable is that for their seven home Aviva Premiership matches they have attracted 123,423 fans at an average of around 17,600 per game. Oh for a speedway franchise that could deliver similar results.

One hasn't got a team yet,the other hasn't got a stadium to race in and the third is all down to the council if they are to continue plus non of them have sold a single season ticket.

Promoters have a lot to answer too about the mess the sport is in now.

• Like 4

Whether you like them or not, is your choice. However what is indisputable is that for their seven home Aviva Premiership matches they have attracted 123,423 fans at an average of around 17,600 per game. Oh for a speedway franchise that could deliver similar results.

They've worked hard for that. Something that speedway can learn from.

• Like 2

They've worked hard for that. Something that speedway can learn from.

Mate, crowds of that nature for a premier/ elite club will never happen no matter who's in charge. Long gone have the days where even we get 5-6k per home meeting, and i remember that well, 5 deep on the bends All that was in the days when there was nothing else to do bar speedway.

So if a club got 3 k per meeting, they would be doing very well.

Edited by Starman2006