British Speedway Forum

That may be true ... but did the programme actually tell us anything worthwhile. I don't think so.

True. But then we have....

Mick Horton now hiding behind, "I'm taking legal advice"

Sandhu, errr

Brandon Estates, a bigger errr

No one else actually knows anything worth talking about with the possible exception of Michael Stokes.

It wold be nice if someone would just be honest with us. It can't get any worse than it is. It is surely no worse than has been imagined on here and elsewhere.

documentary evidence that all parties new that if no deal signed then assets would be removed, quite clearly the presenters and those in the know clearly think this is hortons mess and were very defensive of sandhu.

I've said on here more than once that Horton was (mostly) to blame .. and been castigated for doing so!

Why would they pull the plug in October when there was still even a minute chance of Coventry running ....

what an eye opener the radio show was.

everyone knew in October this was going to happen, BSPA admit they should have pulled the plug then.

documentary evidence that all parties new that if no deal signed then assets would be removed, quite clearly the presenters and those in the know clearly think this is hortons mess and were very defensive of sandhu.

Also stated that the bank sold the stadium and not sandhu,

quite clearly alot of people who new about what was going on were very angry how this was being handled and are relieved the plug has been pulled

everyone knew in October this was going to happen, BSPA admit they should have pulled the plug then.

quite clearly alot of people who new about what was going on were very angry how this was being handled and are relieved the plug has been pulled

yes i think it did actually it was very obvious where they think the blame lies

Did they talk about Brandon Estates not allowing Sandhu to operate at the stadium hence Horton having to go and sort a lease? Otherwise why didn't Sandhu just get a new lease? Edited by woz01

https://twitter.com/covobservernews/status/836297689167978496

A snippet from it....

Bomber as he known by many in the speedway community voiced his full support to former Bees owner Avtar Sandhu and former promoter Colin Pratt.

He said: I believe they can sort it out in the future, no matter what other people are saying.

I dont blame Mr Sandhu when it comes to pointing the finger at who got the Bees in this situation.

Mr Sandhu has never lied to me and when he says something he does it he and Colin Pratt both want speedway at Coventry to continue and I believe them.

In my opinion Mr Sandhu needs to come back.

I love the Coventry fans to bits, when I won those races and league titles it was for the fans.

I remember when Colin first brought me to Coventry he stuck by me and Mr Sandhu made him believe in me, I trust them both more than anyone.

Id hope we can get the old times back at Coventry, but you never know Id like to return.

Edited by Coventry_Bee

yes i think it did actually it was very obvious where they think the blame lies

Very interesting hour of conversation. But way too much support and siding with Sandhu for my liking.

If that's who you have to put your faith in then god help you.

• Like 4

Very interesting hour of conversation. But way too much support and siding with Sandhu for my liking.

I find it staggering that anyone can have faith in Sandhu. If people did research on Brandon Estates (used to be investin brandon) then they may change their mind.

• Like 1

I have chosen today as a very proud life-long Coventry 'BEES' Supporter of 48 years to make my very first post on this forum, having been a member for many years.

My post is not to point the finger of blame at any one individual or company today, it is purely to ask all speedway fans no matter what your affiliation(s) and rivalries to step back from all the rights and wrongs of this situation and take a breath as well as a respectful period to mourn the loss of one of the finest speedway clubs this country has known.

I ask for the period to mourn because truly I and many loyal BEES supporters have lost in the last 24 Hours something so precious and dear to our hearts, a team, a club, a home, a constant, a haven when things have not always been okay elsewhere in ones life, hand on heart I can say that it has been an absolute privilege to have stood on the once mighty Brandon terraces with such great people who make up our 'Speedway Family' and watch in awe and gasp at the very skills, nerves and bodies of steel that speedway riders possess.

Today I and I'm sure many other speedway fans feel that they have lost a piece of themselves and are some what bewildered with the taking of 'OUR' club. I'm sure given the right circumstances some good can come from this situation however for me that is not today.

• Like 2

I find it staggering that anyone can have faith in Sandhu. If people did research on Brandon Estates (used to be investin brandon) then they may change their mind.

If you have the evidence, present it. Sandhu is really Brandon Estates is a good conspiracy theory. I might like to believe it. But the evidence that I have been able to uncover proves that both Sandhu and Brandon Estates are good at covering their tracks. The fact that they have that in common does not make them one and the same company.

you have been telling us for weeks it was nothing to do with sandhu. It was all Brandon Estates doing.It's about time you came to a decision on what you believe and stick with it

This is the wrong time to throw brickbats, it requires patience to allow for things to settle down and then hopefully something positive can come from all of this

Edited by Dave Jones

Did they talk about Brandon Estates not allowing Sandhu to operate at the stadium hence Horton having to go and sort a lease? Otherwise why didn't Sandhu just get a new lease?

Absolutely - a lot of people blaming Mick but I don't see him as the guilty party here. He would have signed the revised lease by the end of December had the stadium been put right first. Why sign the lease and then have to fork out to repair/replace? I ma more inclined to believe the councillor on this than people who think it's still Peterborough or confuse Mick with Colin. Most of us fans are simply in the dark and speculating, what I do know is that Brandon Estates clearly want houses on the site.

If you have the evidence, present it. Sandhu is really Brandon Estates is a good conspiracy theory. I might like to believe it. But the evidence that I have been able to uncover proves that both Sandhu and Brandon Estates are good at covering their tracks. The fact that they have that in common does not make them one and the same company.

I don't believe Sandhu IS Brandon Estates but I'm now certain he is connected to them.

you have been telling us for weeks it was nothing to do with sandhu. It was all Brandon Estates doing.It's about time you came to a decision on what you believe and stick with it

This is the wrong time to throw brickbats, it requires patience to allow for things to settle down and then hopefully something positive can come from all of this

I've never said it had nothing to do with Sandhu, it always bugged me why Horton had to get the lease instead of Sandhu just extending his. To be fair they are all at fault at some degree

What has happened to our "Save our speedway" site. I haven't seen any input from them on this forum. No one seems to have seen or heard from them in recent weeks

https://twitter.com/covobservernews/status/836297689167978496

A snippet from it....

Bomber as he known by many in the speedway community voiced his full support to former Bees owner Avtar Sandhu and former promoter Colin Pratt.

He said: I believe they can sort it out in the future, no matter what other people are saying.

I dont blame Mr Sandhu when it comes to pointing the finger at who got the Bees in this situation.

Mr Sandhu has never lied to me and when he says something he does it he and Colin Pratt both want speedway at Coventry to continue and I believe them.

In my opinion Mr Sandhu needs to come back.

I love the Coventry fans to bits, when I won those races and league titles it was for the fans.

I remember when Colin first brought me to Coventry he stuck by me and Mr Sandhu made him believe in me, I trust them both more than anyone.

Id hope we can get the old times back at Coventry, but you never know Id like to return.

Interesting that Rory said that the best owner/promoters he ever rode for were Sandhu and Frost,and that he and other riders had often been owed thousands of pounds by other promoters,that have been allowed to stay in the sport. Funny that 2 ex Bees riders were so effusive in their praise of Sandhu ,and both would clearly enjoyed riding for him Even Wayne Roberts the CWR speedway correspondent, who though perhaps not the most eloquent of speakers,seemed to intimate that the problems are more of Horton's making. Whilst a lot of this is mired in arguing of who said what when, the feeling was that all is yet not lost, but that the Horton era has run its course,and he needs to relinquish control of the Bees.

• Like 2

I don't believe Sandhu IS Brandon Estates but I'm now certain he is connected to them.

So share the evidence with the rest of us.

I'm not having a go at you. I just want to proceed from a basis of fact. We've had hints and unsubstantiated proclamations to last a life time.

I'd trust satan before I trusted Sandhu or Horton.