British Speedway Forum

There is no question of the Bees returning to Brandon in 2018. We must all learn to savour the memories of the great racing there in the past.

Wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

So you do think the Bees will be returning to Brandon then?!! ;)

IF there was a chance of running at a lower level at a different venue next year then Horton shouldn't be anywhere near it. For it to stand any chance of success it needs fresh people involved, fans just don't trust Horton and wont get behind something with him involved.

Also why announce to the press there is a possibility of a site found. We have had so many disappointments, how about tell us something when something has actually been achieved!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

IF there was a chance of running at a lower level at a different venue next year then Horton shouldn't be anywhere near it. For it to stand any chance of success it needs fresh people involved, fans just don't trust Horton and wont get behind something with him involved.

Also why announce to the press there is a possibility of a site found. We have had so many disappointments, how about tell us something when something has actually been achieved!

I would agree with all of that.

i would be more inclined to think that there might be something in the pipeline (replacement track wise) if the information had come from anyone other than Horton. It's more likely just a softener to get fans to support him elsewhere with a team that will have very little association with the bees. IMO

• Like 2

Agreed remove Horton he is a disaster, I bet he has said all of this without the campaign groups knowledge.

• Like 3

Slightly off tangent I know, but as there is no prospect of returning to Brandon, what will happen to Nigel Boocock's ashes?

• Like 1

I never once thought that the Bees would ride at Brandon after the antics over the winter.... In fact I don't believe we will ever see a Bees team again.

Slightly off tangent I know, but as there is no prospect of returning to Brandon, what will happen to Nigel Boocock's ashes?

Weren't they dug into the track, if so there wouldn't be much of the physical ashes anyway. Surely it's more symbolic than the exact spot they were placed, that will never change what ever happens to the stadium?

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

So you do think the Bees will be returning to Brandon then?!! ;)

The Bees will never return to Brandon.

Horton should have known this 4 years ago when he got his marching orders but decided to ignore them in the empty hope racing would continue at Brandon. I hope he gets something sorted but on his past track record I await to be pleasantly surprised

I never once thought that the Bees would ride at Brandon after the antics over the winter.... In fact I don't believe we will ever see a Bees team again.

Weren't they dug into the track, if so there wouldn't be much of the physical ashes anyway. Surely it's more symbolic than the exact spot they were placed, that will never change what ever happens to the stadium?

Nigel's ashes were in a container and buried at the starting gate so I should think they will be removed if they haven't already.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 5

I guess Brandon is done and dusted (sorry -- no pun intended re Boooey) and focus is now on a new site for The Bees --- can anyone really give us a REALISTIC hope that a new site for a track will or has been found?

Wouldn't be surprised if some people are unhappy with Horton spilling the beans about a potential site if there genuinely is one. Things like that can be sensitive and make or break a deal.

• Like 1

I would not hold your breath regarding alleged new site.

I would not hold your breath regarding alleged new site.

Never going to happen.

• Like 1

Never going to happen.

And you know this because you have facts or ''inside information''? (Despite being a fan of the blue groove track)

• Like 1