British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Rockets V Somerset Sun 31st July 4pm Double Header

I wonder if Rye could fit Lewis Bridger in their team if its a desire of his to double down? I can only see it being a positive for the lad who frankly does not race enough just riding for the Hammers and from a Rye perspective having him, Edward and Robbo in the same team would be entertainment for the effort they are know to put in on track.

Would equate to a 8.88 average (if it's x 0.6 EL to PL) and Lakeside already have 2 double uppers

Edited by Shads

Shame, it's good watching them race against each other for Lakeside. ;)

• Like 4

Stay away mate , im sure you wouldnt be missed im betting your the tool up in the stand mouthing off about everything and people avoid you anyway.

To have a pot at Eddie with the season hes had is laughable.

How many seasons did you ride to say that Robbo was riding the wrong lines, not as many as him im guessing.

Id say the reason they had Rob in heat 14 was because he had just lead the opposite number 1 for 3 and a half laps.

Yeah Leighs having a tough time but he needs support not floggers like you coming on forums slagging him off but you have been against the new promotion since day one.

After all the team have just pushed a team thats on a run of 17 something wins to a last heat decider.

So please stay away and let the supporters enjoy there day suppporting there team.

Junior

Oh dear, your one of those wet behind the ears fans who think they do it for our entertainment.

I'm a fan who likes to see a bit of ambition and success. I have supported Rye for many years home & away so won't be told by wally's like you to stay away.

You are someone who will turn up no matter what & accept any old crap. That's your prerogative. You want to praise the side for a poor performance because they took it to a last heat decider. Your mate above had the temerity to blame Somerset for using too many EL riders & being to strong. Unbelievable.

We have had three/four decent seasons in 15 years since we returned to the pl. with the facilities, location etc that is unacceptable. Silver gave up years ago & the new promotion aren't giving any confidence that they want or can build a decent side. If they had any ambition Lanham & Karger would have been shown the door months ago.

Why should I support a rider like Leigh Lanham who is happy to poodle around the line & not give 100%? He showed his lack of commitment in heat 8 on Sunday where he was faster than BWD but kept knocking the throttle off when he got too close. He is in his late 30's and will not put himself in danger now so what's the point?

Go and ask Edward himself, he struggles when it's slick. If you had any knowledge you would notice it yourself.

I said I would give the new promotion this season to gauge things. The track & racing has been better up to Sunday but it's still a crap side which they have shown no intention of changing. Only Recar/Scunthorpe are on a par with this rye side.

You enjoy watching these types of sides though as they must be supported at all times apparently. Why don't you ask the 700/800 that have disappeared the last 10 years why they stay away?

• Like 1

Would equate to a 8.88 average (if it's x 0.6 EL to PL) and Lakeside already have 2 double uppers

It's EL x 1.4 so 7.77 and a non-starter because he had 2016 average over 6.

It's EL x 1.4 so 7.77 and a non-starter because he had 2016 average over 6.

Well there ya go then

Oh dear, your one of those wet behind the ears fans who think they do it for our entertainment.

I'm a fan who likes to see a bit of ambition and success. I have supported Rye for many years home & away so won't be told by wally's like you to stay away.

You are someone who will turn up no matter what & accept any old crap. That's your prerogative. You want to praise the side for a poor performance because they took it to a last heat decider. Your mate above had the temerity to blame Somerset for using too many EL riders & being to strong. Unbelievable.

We have had three/four decent seasons in 15 years since we returned to the pl. with the facilities, location etc that is unacceptable. Silver gave up years ago & the new promotion aren't giving any confidence that they want or can build a decent side. If they had any ambition Lanham & Karger would have been shown the door months ago.

Why should I support a rider like Leigh Lanham who is happy to poodle around the line & not give 100%? He showed his lack of commitment in heat 8 on Sunday where he was faster than BWD but kept knocking the throttle off when he got too close. He is in his late 30's and will not put himself in danger now so what's the point?

Go and ask Edward himself, he struggles when it's slick. If you had any knowledge you would notice it yourself.

I said I would give the new promotion this season to gauge things. The track & racing has been better up to Sunday but it's still a crap side which they have shown no intention of changing. Only Recar/Scunthorpe are on a par with this rye side.

You enjoy watching these types of sides though as they must be supported at all times apparently. Why don't you ask the 700/800 that have disappeared the last 10 years why they stay away?

I understand quite a few of your points but didn't Kennett get 15+1? I agree it's Lanham and Karger who would desperately need to go but I don't think Larger has done enough matches yet as he seems to be dodging them to try and stay in the team and I really don't think there is that many riders about to replace them as Berwick have found out and now has have Plymouth who have apparently replaced B. Kurtz with Boxall, so that's two of the Aussie WC team that he's been chosen over as the Rye fans love Jason Doyle.

In the right side with a "team" riding with them i think Cameron and Rob would be ok but the make up from day one was shocking. A decent team is one with a quality number one and two reserves that can do it home and away. Not knocking Edward as he is head and shoulders above the rest but once again his form dips when he doubles up and his Pl form dips. Edward should be capable of winning every heat 15 at home but in the final heat he's like a different rider. Ben is fine at home but has he made the progress needed away from home? Leigh is surely in his last season and despite a great career he is very much a one line rider and it's no good trying to rely on ability to get out of the gate as he no longer has it. Kasper on the right track is great even if he's ten yards behind at the the first bend but he has had enough time and simply isn't up to it. Whenever Len Silver put a team out like this one he was castigated and yet the new mob clearly have no idea. On top of that despite all the promises and no action for a month the place still resembles a dump so i assume any improvements will come with the bad weather in the winter. Finally i've had it with the five hour Double headers a waste of time on a dustbowl of a track. Pretty pathetic all round

• Like 3

With so many blank weekends, it is most annoying that we have to face a double header at the end of July. I left after the first match, thoroughly exasperated at the time it took to run the Rockets meeting and will not attend any afternoon double headers in the future unless changes take place.

There were, of course, racing incidents that caused some of the delays. Of course I accept that. However, riders did not come out for the first heat until around 4.15pm following an inexplicable 'parade hold-up'. The previous evening at Belle Vue/NSS, 20 heats were run in less time with regular grading and 'time-outs' for television ad breaks.The authorities, through referees and clubs, need to get a grip on this sport quickly and run meetings properly and efficiently otherwise the tedium between heats will drive more fans away. Staying away can be easier than attending sometimes and those in charge would do well to make a note of that. Speedway can be a spectacle that has everything that both fanatical and casual spectators could want, the reactions of first timers at the NSS on Saturday proved that to me. However, Speedway is screaming out for somebody to take it by the scruff of the neck and haul it into the present day in terms of its rules, its administration and most importantly, its presentation, paying due deference, within reason, to the paying public.

Edited by Northern Exile
  • Like 4

It must be pretty obvious that the fans do not like drawn out double headers a total drag .so many weekends with no racing is also is very unpopular, and loses fans sometimes for ever,,,But does anyone ever take any notice of what the fans want ??,,,And constant delays during meetings including unwanted intervals. at some tracks are turning fans away in their hundreds,,a major cause of why our beloved sport is slowly dying on its backside.......................

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

Just seen Ht 13 on the BSPA, not sure what happened with Robbo on the last bend, did he have bike problems or just shut off too early gifting Somerset the point? and possibly changing the outcome of the match.

I think Josh deserves some praise for finding grip on a bald track - Robbo probably keeping out of the way !

I think Josh deserves some praise for finding grip on a bald track - Robbo probably keeping out of the way !

Bald track, had another 17 races due on it that day.

Just as well it did not rain, it would have turned that place into an ice rink such was the lack of dirt on it, i am sure the riders probably didnt mind it as it looked smooth enough so probably a doddle to ride on but not normally the best receipe for good racing.

Not been to Rye House for a long while, what is actually being built, place looked like a building site in that clip?

the lack of dirt on the track at rye this season is an embarrassment. who is responsible for this, the infamous mr richter or is he acting under orders. come back len all is forgiven!

the lack of dirt on the track at rye this season is an embarrassment. who is responsible for this, the infamous mr richter or is he acting under orders. come back len all is forgiven!

Wasn't any better when he was there