British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Wolves V Belle Vue 8/8/16

We all know he is.But when he cant be arsed hes this n that.When he saves your season,he's the man!

We have had a good season without Tai.

We have done well up till Monday night.

Any team with ambition this season would consider such a move.

We have had a good season without Tai.

We have done well up till Monday night.

Any team with ambition this season would consider such a move.

I get that.Its about morales..

What kind of sport is speedway becoming , if youre allowed to draft the world champion in just in time for the play offs ?, no wonder speedway in this country is at a alltime low

Got to agree, the Worlds top riders give the Elite League the cold shoulder then as soon as their Polish / Swedish teams bomb and they are at a loose end in need of regular racing they are ready,willing and available to ride in the Elite League,bad luck I say morally it shouldn't be allowed

• Like 1

I say if they only want to do when its better for them.Jog em on

Edited by Bald Bloke

Supply and demand, if he wants to come and Wolves want him then great. He will put bums on seats. He's a Wolves asset. Morally nothing wrong with it, and if he stops the south coast mafia winning then even better.

• Like 3

I get that.Its about morales..

It's about seriously wanting to win the league.

You win nothing by sticking with something that isn't working.

It might be morally wrong for another team to try use him but as a wolves asset I don't see its as big as issue.

Supply and demand, if he wants to come and Wolves want him then great. He will put bums on seats. He's a Wolves asset. Morally nothing wrong with it, and if he stops the south coast mafia winning then even better.

Tai could just as easily go to the south coast as go to the midlands, historically they have bigger wallets

What kind of sport is speedway becoming , if youre allowed to draft the world champion in just in time for the play offs ?, no wonder speedway in this country is at a alltime low

I'd rather them draft in a quality rider in Woffinden who has spent many a season in the British Leagues, then a play off mercenary like THJ. Although THJ seems to have dropped my radar completely.

Supply and demand, if he wants to come and Wolves want him then great. He will put bums on seats.

Exactly, I would rather Wolves employ a quality British rider than a Finnish Journeyman. And have a chance of making the playoffs interesting.

Qualifying? Simply introduce a qualifying criteria for racing in the play-offs....

All riders that race in the play-offs, MUST have raced in a minimum of 7 (that's 25%) of the Elite League meetings in that season. (Can have ridden for more than a single team)

And not be cup tied in that season.

So, come play-offs, if he'd have ridden 3 meetings for Leicester, 2 for Coventry and 2 for Swindon, he could sign, and ride in the play-offs for any of the other qualified clubs.

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

Over the years i have had plenty of conversations about speedway with non speedway fans and a good few of them have had the same opinion.

Now if the sport i love has rules that will allow a club to draft in a world champion ringer in place of an average heat leader just for the play offs making the whole league season pointless and the play off system a joke.Then if i does happen for the first time in my life i will have to agree with them speedway is a MICKEY MOUSE SPORT i just can't defend it any more.

I just hope that for the credibility of the sport (and for me not having to admit to my friends that they are right ) that its all pie in the sky and that it does not happen.

Qualifying? Simply introduce a qualifying criteria for racing in the play-offs....

All riders that race in the play-offs, MUST have raced in a minimum of 7 (that's 25%) of the Elite League meetings in that season. (Can have ridden for more than a single team)

So, come play-offs, if he'd have ridden 3 meetings for Leicester, 2 for Coventry and 2 for Swindon, he could sign, and ride in the play-offs for any of the other qualified clubs.

Or maybe have a transfer window set for half way through the season or SWC week where teams can bring in ŕiders up to the mean average of the EL at that particular time.?

Would definitely help the lower ranked teams a) become more competitive or b. still push for a play off spot

Teams in play off contention already would, by definition, probably be over the mean average so would more than likely have to release a heat leader to bring someone in but if they did it would have a spin off that lower ranked teams could maybe include the released riders in their teams..

It would keep the season extended for several teams that currently have nothing to compete for and maybe be tempting to the top names whose diaries are less congested later in the year. (Similar to Hancock when he went to Poole)..

Edited by mikebv

Do we need anymore rules,it is complicated enough!

Do we need anymore rules,it is complicated enough!

If a top GP rider can at the end of the Polish/Swedish leagues that haven't made Their respective play-offs, sign for an BEL club for the play-offs, then yes, we do need a rule to stop that route to strengthening up for the play-offs...

A transfer window mid season could be implemented that would allow teams to strengthen up, however, I would also allow special dispensation for a club to bring in riders outside the window to replace injured riders....

• Like 1

Over the years i have had plenty of conversations about speedway with non speedway fans and a good few of them have had the same opinion.

Now if the sport i love has rules that will allow a club to draft in a world champion ringer in place of an average heat leader just for the play offs making the whole league season pointless and the play off system a joke.Then if i does happen for the first time in my life i will have to agree with them speedway is a MICKEY MOUSE SPORT i just can't defend it any more.

I just hope that for the credibility of the sport (and for me not having to admit to my friends that they are right ) that its all pie in the sky and that it does not happen.

Got to love it.. "A world champion ringer"..

Yep, a club asset who has ridden for the club for six years and has an average below that of the rider he would be replacing.

If Kylmakorpi had been riding well the conversation wouldn't even be happening, as it is, he's just contributed 0 0 0, a shocking effort. Now, I don't know what fantasy sports your so called friends follow, but most fans of any sport would be wanting someone replaced who contributed such a performance.

The real issue here is nothing to do with fictitious friends, it's your panic that Wolves might beat you.

• Like 1

could the real Joonas Kylmakorpi come forward and be counted?

I am Joonas, no I am Joonas, no its me I'm Joonas.... no I'm Joonas!!!