British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Leicester V Poole Elb. 20/08/16

Next Saturday Poole head off to Leicester in search of four more points to keep the pressure in Belle Vue for battle for top spot. Leicester has never been a good hunting ground for Poole. We drew there last year and drew again in the A fixture. A team of racers is not required around here so the boys better have their gating boots on.

In the A fixture Klindt and Wozniak were excellent and Poole managed to salvage a draw with a 5-1 in heat fifteen through Hans and Noddy. We need to do a lot better this time around.

Not sure of riding order. Is Bjarne back up in the team?

We have to go for all four points and I think we can get them.

Thoughts?

if the leicester riders are not being paid(this wks speedway star)will their heart be in it,will they all turn up??

As the current averages are effective for 14 days from 8 August, Poole will line up as they did against Kings Lynn this week with Bjarne at reserve.

Paul Starke is likely to miss this one as he will be needed by Somerset at Berwick.

Late start at 20.00 to accommodate Foxes football.

Any other Micky Mouse meetings in Europe to deplete the teams?

As the current averages are effective for 14 days from 8 August, Poole will line up as they did against Kings Lynn this week with Bjarne at reserve.

Paul Starke is likely to miss this one as he will be needed by Somerset at Berwick.

Late start at 20.00 to accommodate Foxes football.

Any other Micky Mouse meetings in Europe to deplete the teams?

Means an even later night with an 8 pm start for Poole fans making the long trip up.

Would it be r/r or guest for Starke?

Means an even later night with an 8 pm start for Poole fans making the long trip up.

Would it be r/r or guest for Starke?

As Starke would be at no.4, I think it 'll have to be R/R, the same as when they rode at Belle Vue, when he was also absent. With Wozniak, Summers & both reserves able to take rides it probably strengthens Lions slightly.

Looks like Brady Kurtz will be missing. On duty for Australia in World Junior Team Cup in Sweden. Question - guest or R/R?

Was hoping for full strength. Always some bloody meeting in the way.

Guess it will be r/r with Buckowski, Bjarne, Ellis and Newman taking his rides?

if the leicester riders are not being paid(this wks speedway star)will their heart be in it,will they all turn up??

Theyve not been paid for about 10 weeks now if rumours are true.

Any decent sport would allow rider not being paid to leave and find new clubs if they wished.

Looks like Brady Kurtz will be missing. On duty for Australia in World Junior Team Cup in Sweden. Question - guest or R/R?

With Brady Kurtz no longer doubling up it could well be a guest upto EL 6.17, especially if Hans competes in the SEC - with no facility other than a PL-6pt rider?!

If Hans is missing over some two bit tournament. Matt Ford should sack him from the team. Four points at Leicester is far more important to the club and fans and promoter who pays his wages.

Glory hunting in an event with little meaning is unacceptable to Most Poole fans. Without him will be struggling to get a point.

Its quite clear in my book. We are chasing Belle Vue for top spot. Far more important for Hans to be in Leicester and being part of a team than gallavanting off to Russia for some minor personal glory which means jack sh*te to nearly everyone. And he is only an also ran anyway.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

With Brady Kurtz no longer doubling up it could well be a guest upto EL 6.17, especially if Hans competes in the SEC - with no facility other than a PL-6pt rider?!

I thought riders at NO.2 & 4 could only be replaced with R/R, not guests, so presume it will be R/R for Kurtz.

• Like 1

If Hans is missing over some two bit tournament. Matt Ford should sack him from the team. Four points at Leicester is far more important to the club and fans and promoter who pays his wages.

Glory hunting in an event with little meaning is unacceptable to Most Poole fans. Without him will be struggling to get a point.

Its quite clear in my book. We are chasing Belle Vue for top spot. Far more important for Hans to be in Leicester and being part of a team than gallavanting off to Russia for some minor personal glory which means jack sh*te to nearly everyone. And he is only an also ran anyway.

A joke of a post but why am i not surprised.
  • Like 1

That's got to be one of the dumbest posts of the year. The Poole promotion would have known what their riders other commitments were at the time of contract negotiations. As for it being a two bit tournament it just shows your complete ignorance of the sport.

• Like 1

That is an awful opinion in my book.

How can you be a fan when you want the captain and highest averaged rider of your speedway team to be fired for riding in a individual meeting which is as good as a Grand Prix to him.

I don't know many fans of any club who would to be honest and I can't believe most Poole fans will share that opinion.

Hans is a very humble man and didn't he begin his career with Poole. That is very harsh.