British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Leicester V Poole Elb. 20/08/16

I thought riders at NO.2 & 4 could only be replaced with R/R, not guests, so presume it will be R/R for Kurtz.

You are correct. I thought I'd remembered a reference to doubling-up 2nd strings in the rules but it doesn't seem so!!

So r/r for one rider and a PL sub 5 pointer for another? You just know Poole will still win, it's what they do. Anyone else would rightly lose.

Only amazed that knowing this was coming up that Matt Ford has not signed a number 8 tbh.

Edited by SCB

So r/r for one rider and a PL sub 5 pointer for another? You just know Poole will still win, it's what they do. Anyone else would rightly lose.

Only amazed that knowing this was coming up that Matt Ford has not signed a number 8 tbh.

Nevermind eh. Your all quaking in your boots arn't you... :rofl:

Sec should be recognised to me said that before not just because Hans isn't availabe. Matt Ford must have known the clash of dates but accepted it as a price worth paying

• Like 1

If Hans is missing over some two bit tournament. Matt Ford should sack him from the team. Four points at Leicester is far more important to the club and fans and promoter who pays his wages.

Glory hunting in an event with little meaning is unacceptable to Most Poole fans. Without him will be struggling to get a point.

Its quite clear in my book. We are chasing Belle Vue for top spot. Far more important for Hans to be in Leicester and being part of a team than gallavanting off to Russia for some minor personal glory which means jack sh*te to nearly everyone. And he is only an also ran anyway.

What a Di*k

I stick by my point of view.

Club first and foremost. The two bit SEC is a worthless event in the scheme of things. The league is not. Whilst Kurtz is representing his country, The other is no more than a glorified individual meeting for a Polish TV channel.

As captain Hans should be at Leicester leading Poole from the front, making sure everyone is giving their all to the cause of toppling Belle Vue at the top of the league.

Its not the gp challenge, its not the Danish Final. If we lose next Saturday by a couple of points and Hans rides raise only 3-4 points, we know where the blame lies. He should do the right thing and withdraw from the SEC.

That is an awful opinion in my book.

How can you be a fan when you want the captain and highest averaged rider of your speedway team to be fired for riding in a individual meeting which is as good as a Grand Prix to him.

I don't know many fans of any club who would to be honest and I can't believe most Poole fans will share that opinion.

Hans is a very humble man and didn't he begin his career with Poole. That is very harsh.

Of course its a harsh point of view. Hans is Poole Captain. A Captains job is to be leader in the pits making sure the other riders are OK, passing on track information, gearing info etc. Making sure we pick up points where we can.........oh hang on he's not there.

You are correct. I thought I'd remembered a reference to doubling-up 2nd strings in the rules but it doesn't seem so!!

The relevant rule is:

If a rider is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship, irrespective of the rider’s MA, a choice of Guest or Absent Rider Replacement facility (if permitted by Art 17.6) is available.

So - yes Poole can have a guest as BK is on FIM duty

The relevant rule is:

If a rider is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship, irrespective of the rider’s MA, a choice of Guest or Absent Rider Replacement facility (if permitted by Art 17.6) is available.

Now Andersen is not riding I think we will have to find a decent replacement for Brady. To go r/r will leave us extremely weak.

Hans is self employed so he can decide when and where he rides. If he was not doing well Matt would not give a second thought to getting rid of him, well it works both ways.

Anyway Poole could win at Leicester with a NL rider in his place.

Hans was signed knowing he was due to ride the sec and it is an important championship for him. Dont blame Hans at all, blame Matt Ford for agreeing the date.

• Like 5

Perhaps I ws over the top saying he should be sacked. But very disappointed when there are 4 very important points to be gained and we are doing everything in our power to not get them.

Really on this I believe occasion he should put the team before personal glory. If it was a meaningless fixture then fair enough but its not. Belle Vue must be laughing all the way to an untroubled top spot.

The relevant rule is:

Yes I saw that but when I read 'if permitted by Art 17.6', then I interpreted that as being only r/r as not both 2nd strings are missing.?!

That's the trouble with any rule that could be interpreted in different ways.

Yes I saw that but when I read 'if permitted by Art 17.6', then I interpreted that as being only r/r as not both 2nd strings are missing.?!

That's the trouble with any rule that could be interpreted in different ways.

I read it as R/R or a guest is available for a second string. The "if permitted bit" just means you can't use R/R for a reserve. I think! It's one of the poorly written rules :D

Theyve not been paid for about 10 weeks now if rumours are true.

Any decent sport would allow rider not being paid to leave and find new clubs if they wished.

What is the average length of time riders have to await payment from their club?

I heard that one of the reasons (maybe the main reason) Jason Doyle was happy at Leicester for almost two seasons,was that he got paid on time.

So what's happened to turn a club which was paying riders "on time" into this situation? Or was it only Doyle who was being paid on time? Maybe that's the reason Leicester in the EL have had so many riders who leave after a short time?