British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Nope, but there is a good chance there is Darcy 'messing around' which he and Tai have been known to do to each other before..

Com on BW, don't say something sensible or you'll ruin things for them :lol:

EXACTLY my point.

No there is no “Darcygate” because the post was made from his account, you have then attempted to fabricate a scenario and attempt to question the credibility of others who say your scenario isn’t the case, that’s literally mental.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that what you've been told SS is simply not true, maybe you (unlike robert72) might have the balls to ask Tai yourself face to face the next time Wolves are at Wimborne Road...possibly during the play offs should we be facing them? Or are you going to Monmore next Monday? If so, you can speak to him then. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see you shot down in flames :lol: My source is a personal friend of Tai's, yours is a 'fictitious' somebody who you won't name but are happy to quote. Utterly and completely laughable.

Oh and I don't accept something I know isn't true robert72. Like the fact I don't accept you are an ex-rider who lined up against ex-world champions...something else that simply isn't true.

As for 'Darcygate' you guys believe what you wish, just Iike I myself do.

I don't care what bullcrap you have been fed but what I have said is right. If not, then why doesn't Woffinden release a press statement putting his side of the story?

You seem to just believe everything you have been fed from dazzafl (who is this Darren Fletcher?) who is mates with Woffinden and wouldn't have a word said against him no matter what.

A simple statement from Woffinden is all that is required. Not asking a lot, is it?

I know for a fact that what you've been told SS is simply not true, maybe you (unlike robert72) might have the balls to ask Tai yourself face to face the next time Wolves are at Wimborne Road...possibly during the play offs should we be facing them? Or are you going to Monmore next Monday? If so, you can speak to him then. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see you shot down in flames :lol: My source is a personal friend of Tai's, yours is a 'fictitious' somebody who you won't name but are happy to quote. Utterly and completely laughable.

Interesting after reading the last 20 pages that all the usual posters except for John Leslie/Darcys Onion are here argueing over if they like Tai or not and the same debates as before and as usual Sidney the Robin throwing personal insults at posters. It is like Deja Vu to the other Tai thread that had 200 posts.

Regardless, I can see how Steve Shovlar's source could be correct on this matter and that would make a lot of sense why he hasn't spoken out about the matter.

In regards, to your source chris4gillian, you cannot really say my source said otherwise without actually saying what your source says in regards to the whole situation. If that makes sense.

Say what your source has exactly said why Tai Woffinden has fallen out with Team GB because disagreeing with a completely understandable and very probable theory that Steve Shovlar gave in depth in his post just doesn't cut the mustard with me, I am afraid unless you can give a more detailed view instead of 'Oh no, he didn't '

Having heard Steve Shovlar's source evidence on this one, I don't really know what to say in regards to right or wrong. Principle is wrong but I could understand Tai outscoring everyone by 12-15 points for the next 5 years and financially you would feel a bit disappointed if your team wasn't matching that.

But in everyday jobs, this happens a lot but speedway isn't your everyday job so I don't really know what to think.

No there is no “Darcygate” because the post was made from his account, you have then attempted to fabricate a scenario and attempt to question the credibility of others who say your scenario isn’t the case, that’s literally mental.

Now they are trying to say, it was just a lark, when Ward was just fed up with all the BS.

Its all a it tedious now,it's been done to death.

Agree to a point, though in fact it won't go away until the fans are told officially what has happened. If the sport had a higher profile Woffinden wouldn't be allowed to stay silent and would have been hounded by the press for a statement.

• Like 3

Love the people who blindly defend Tai like he is some sort of innocent golden boy who does nothing wrong. So you have two Aussie riders supposedly calling him out on it and you dismiss it. I think Darcy and Batch know him a bit more than you C4G!!! Lmao!! :D :D

• Like 2

Agree to a point, though in fact it won't go away until the fans are told officially what has happened. If the sport had a higher profile Woffinden wouldn't be allowed to stay silent and would have been hounded by the press for a statement.

That is the nub of the matter.

Apart from that, whatever happened to privacy? If Tai asked for more than his share of monies - in a Team game I think he is wrong, as I said earlier. However at the end of the day what does it really matter. We are not entitled to know all of Tai's business. What he does and says is up to him. We all have things we would like to keep private and Tai is no different.

All I have read on here is largely conjecture from folk who say - so and so said this, and so and so said that. I am not saying anyone is lying but I would rather wait until the full story emerges, If the story does not emerge, then I will keep an open mind, but if Tai wishes to keep this private then I respect that - it is his RIGHT to do so.

It is also right that the BSPA keep their talks with Tai private too.

• Like 2

Which they have done, and I agree rightly so. It was Tai's rant on social media that catapulted the subject into the public domain which IMO sort of lost him the right to privacy on this particular subject.

I would like to add, throughout all this, that I am not a Tai Woffinden "hater", just a fan who supports TeamGB and expects British riders to be proud to ride for their country. Not throw hissy fits and fail to back it up by giving reasons why.

Woffinden learnt his trade in the UK, but by refusing to ride in the British Final, refusing to ride in the EL until Sweden finished, refusing to represent his country at international level doesn't leave a lot to like. He then doesn't help himself by refusing to give his reasons for dumping our proud national team in the gutter. Even Darcy Ward was fed up with it all and made a comment.

You will always get the apologists on here backing him regardless, but the truth is he should start building a few bridges rather than throwing a few tantrums because people have said no to him.

He could start by issuing a statement giving his reasoning for quitting Team GB. The would quash any rumours stone dead.

That is the nub of the matter.

Apart from that, whatever happened to privacy? If Tai asked for more than his share of monies - in a Team game I think he is wrong, as I said earlier. However at the end of the day what does it really matter. We are not entitled to know all of Tai's business. What he does and says is up to him. We all have things we would like to keep private and Tai is no different.

All I have read on here is largely conjecture from folk who say - so and so said this, and so and so said that. I am not saying anyone is lying but I would rather wait until the full story emerges, If the story does not emerge, then I will keep an open mind, but if Tai wishes to keep this private then I respect that - it is his RIGHT to do so.

But it is the right of the fans to know the reasoning behind him refusing to ride. It's a sport, and therefore not the same as a regular "job".

I would like to add, throughout all this, that I am not a Tai Woffinden "hater", just a fan who supports TeamGB and expects British riders to be proud to ride for their country. Not throw hissy fits and fail to back it up by giving reasons why.

Woffinden learnt his trade in the UK, but by refusing to ride in the British Final, refusing to ride in the EL until Sweden finished, refusing to represent his country at international level doesn't leave a lot to like. He then doesn't help himself by refusing to give his reasons for dumping our proud national team in the gutter. Even Darcy Ward was fed up with it all and made a comment.

You will always get the apologists on here backing him regardless, but the truth is he should start building a few bridges rather than throwing a few tantrums because people have said no to him.

He could start by issuing a statement giving his reasoning for quitting Team GB. The would quash any rumours stone dead.

But it is the right of the fans to know the reasoning behind him refusing to ride. It's a sport, and therefore not the same as a regular "job".

No - it isn't a RIGHT. It would be very nice if Tai did issue a Statement, but crucially he does not have to.

• Like 1

No - it isn't a RIGHT. It would be very nice if Tai did issue a Statement, but crucially he does not have to.

Then he shouldn't say anything then!

As usual the Poole troll is totally wrong. I have a source as well and Team GB money has nothing to do with Tai's reasons. Darcy was messing around on facebook just love the way the usual band of fools jump on it. Let Shovlar continue his Tai crusade it just shows him up for what he is

• Like 1

As usual the Poole troll is totally wrong. I have a source as well and Team GB money has nothing to do with Tai's reasons. Darcy was messing around on facebook just love the way the usual band of fools jump on it. Let Shovlar continue his Tai crusade it just shows him up for what he is

Well that confirms Shovlars spot on then. Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 2