British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Absolutely Ditto!!!!

Great rider, great person....

(Mark Loram) that is.....

Ditto from me too .....

Little wonder British Speedway continues to limp along - its repeated obsession grabbing the nearest gun and proceeding to blast its own foot off.

There needs to be a proper statement from both sides, as neither Tai nor the BSPA are looking too clever at the moment.

• Like 2

Nothing on social media as yet from Rosco Rossiter . Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Regularly waxes lyrical about Tai Woffinden and also praises the BSPA on TV this weekend.

Which side will he take ? Interesting

get rid of them all and go with a non bias governing body.. not promoters of tracks themselves.. they are ruining this sport and Tai is the first to throw in the towel.. just a shame more of the riders need them because is british speedway goes they dont have a job..

Maybe Tai Woffinden should run the BSPA . No problem getting his ideas through then . Not sure he has time in his schedule

What exactly does "paid his own expenses" mean? Is it that he didn't make a penny, they didn't pay him points money, and his sponsors didn't contribute anything? Or more likely that he simply didn't get his Starbucks paid for?

Or that he paid his own air fair from wherever he rode last to his 'home' country to ride in the WTC.

Well Mr Woffinden how about giving your side of the story, instead of a childish cryptic tweet which just causes anger and frustration?

How about doing a press release where fans can judge and discuss bith sides of the argument? I class myself as a true fan. I was at Manchester cheering on TeamGB. But your tweet and general attitude towards British Speedway makes it hard to like.

Instead of posting tweets that just stir the pot how about letting fans of the sport hear your side of the story? Then, we can make a judgment of whether you are hard done by or just an attention seeker.

Why should he? It's a bit like your posts .. Do you ever explain yourself when other people on here ask you about certain posts

Is there going to be a press release from Woffinden. Doesn't say anything about him issuing one.

A real shame we have a two times British World Champion who is not universally popular. Oh for another Mark Loram.

Champions are winners they don't set out to be popular, You should know that with Poole .. Also were Manchester United universally popular?, was Gary Havelock universally popular? Was Nicki Pedersen universally popular? Is Andy Murray universally popular? I could go on... I would rather be a winner than popular if I was top of what I do Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 4

Sounds like the actions of a spoiled child who can't get his own way........don't let the door smack your arse on the way out

Or the actions of someone who has been banging his head against the BSPA brick wall for so long that he's fed up of the headaches.

So only TeamGB not British Speedway then. So it's only BSI who will miss out ....

And those fans who would like to see a successful Team GB

• Like 2

Or the actions of someone who has been banging his head against the BSPA brick wall for so long that he's fed up of the headaches.

And those fans who would like to see a successful Team GB

The guys who are picked will have to do the job, he's only one rider, life goes on .... it's all over and done with in 3 days anyways, nobody will suffer too long lol

No one is questioning tais reasons or anything like that. Just the way he's gone about his PR. He's not very PR savvy.

His tweet left more questions than answers. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

We all hope he gets the backing from the BSPA but he also needs not to be seen doing cryptic tweets or slagging off the bosses.

From tai to the bspa. They are all bickering children that need there heads banging together.

The quicker we get an independent body to run British speedway the better.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

He's obviously referring to money. The BSPA have done little in the past to help new british riders or even league riders to develop (e.g. the SEC ban) but many things have changed this year. It's disappointing that he continues to represent himself as unprofessional, the swearing at cardiff and this latest tweet because there may be a genuine point behind it other than his own wallet.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Why should he? It's a bit like your posts .. Do you ever explain yourself when other people on here ask you about certain posts

Champions are winners they don't set out to be popular, You should know that with Poole .. Also were Manchester United universally popular?, was Gary Havelock universally popular? Was Nicki Pedersen universally popular? Is Andy Murray universally popular? I could go on... I would rather be a winner than popular if I was top of what I do

Well put fella :t:

Tweet from Rory Schlein...

Why can't the Bspa work together with its riders in the team GB and in its leagues. No wonder the sport on a knife edge shame..shame on you

hmm the plot thickens.. well not really. lol

Schlein should focus on his own crap form for Lynn rather than being a gobshyte about something he probably knows nothing about

• Like 2

Schlein should focus on his own crap form for Lynn rather than being a gobshyte about something he probably knows nothing about

Maybe Schlein actually cares about the sport and can see the way BSPA are carrying on will end up destroying the sport in the UK. no one is actually happy with the BSPA or the current state of speedway in the UK but i suppose everyone should stay quiet and let the BSPA to continue to do what they want and like.

• Like 1

Maybe Schlein actually cares about the sport and can see the way BSPA are carrying on will end up destroying the sport in the UK. no one is actually happy with the BSPA or the current state of speedway in the UK but i suppose everyone should stay quiet and let the BSPA to continue to do what they want and like.

Schlein will know far more about the situation that we ever will - unless Tai makes a complete statement. As for his Lynn form he is going to take time to get 100% after his injuries

• Like 3

Scheiln always has to stick his oar in, hes one of the biggest moaners uk speedway has ever seen. Bit of water on the track and he doesnt want to know. Honestly cant see why people think hes a great team man, hes bad how many clubs in the el now? Bet buster cant wait to get rid of him, hes a bad apple.

A real shame we have a two times British World Champion who is not universally popular. Oh for another Mark Loram.

You mean the Maltese Falcon... turned his Maltese flag tattooed back on the country of his birth :rofl: