British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

I think Tai has a point. As a Nation, we haven't done really well at International level for years. Once we were the best in the World bar none. Now we are also rans.

Those currently running British Speedway have hardly set the World alight have they?

People are always Posting that British Speedway needs a sort of Supremo - perhaps putting Tai or someone else in overall charge of Speedway might work. The current system certainly isn't working now.

• Like 1

Yukkkidddy doodah! Yukkkiddy heh! How sad to think Tai Woffinden's on the way to being Britain's rider with most world titles to his credit. :sad:

Cant see any logic in your post what so ever!!!!

• Like 4

Is there some new sort of media training that has passed me by?

Where the it is now deemed advantageous to use the F word as often as possible in interviews.

Not, as I thought, that you just come over as an ignorant oik.

Best ignored.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Yukkkidddy doodah! Yukkkiddy heh! How sad to think Tai Woffinden's on the way to being Britain's rider with most world titles to his credit. :sad:

Cant see any logic in your post what so ever!!!!

I was trying in what I thought was an amusing style - obviusly not - that Tai Woffinden lacks the character of those who have preceded as being greats in British speedway. Obviously I failed - but to me he lacks the dignity and character of former recognised REAL and RESPECTED greats in British speedway. Others obviously disagree with me.

I was trying in what I thought was an amusing style - obviusly not - that Tai Woffinden lacks the character of those who have preceded as being greats in British speedway. Obviously I failed - but to me he lacks the dignity and character of former recognised REAL and RESPECTED greats in British speedway. Others obviously disagree with me.

Yes you clearly know nothing about modern day speedway. Having been to The Cleveland Arms and seen Woffinden live four times as a neutral fan I can honestly say he is extremely witty, direct, no nonsense straight talking person I have witness at The Cleveland Arms.

• Like 1

But you yourself have stated that one of your all time favourite riders is jack Parker.The Jack Parker who threatened to kill a young Ronnie Moore if he got in his way.So you are no great judge of character and dignity :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

Yes you clearly know nothing about modern day speedway. Having been to The Cleveland Arms and seen Woffinden live four times as a neutral fan I can honestly say he is extremely witty, direct, no nonsense straight talking person I have witness at The Cleveland Arms.

But not very bright

I thought the Tai bashing season didn't start till march the first

Edited by Ken Morgan
  • Like 1

But you yourself have stated that one of your all time favourite riders is jack Parker.The Jack Parker who threatened to kill a young Ronnie Moore if he got in his way.So you are no great judge of character and dignity :icon_smile_clown:

Yes you are spot on regarding Parker

But not very bright

But bright anough to have his own business interests and have a healthy lifestyle after his speedway career ends.Me for one would be more than happy to let him have a huge input on how Britain as a speedway nation moves forward.
  • Like 4

This is already running on GP/WC forum.

but completely relevant to this thread too.

and will be well earned.

But not very bright

completely irrelevant. But completely expected from a Tai hater.

I take it you aren't aware just how successful a sportsman and businessman he is.

But bright anough to have his own business interests and have a healthy lifestyle after his speedway career ends.Me for one would be more than happy to let him have a huge input on how Britain as a speedway nation moves forward.

Well said STR. If he was able to buy the rights to team GB you can be sure he would deliver on his promise, fact.

• Like 1

Tai only looks after himself and Not British speedway so why would you want him to have any input, he has lost so much respect by many in British speedway.

• Like 1

Tai only looks after himself and Not British speedway so why would you want him to have any input, he has lost so much respect by many in British speedway.

Only because he can't get anywhere with his ideas.

Have you ever thought - Tai might just be right. If you want Speedway to stay the way it is then fine - we won't get anywhere. If you want it to improve then perhaps Tai should be listened to - he is most certainly not an idiot. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could improve Great Britain's Speedway Team massively.

It might not work - but unless we try something different we will be doomed to stay in the Speedway doldrums for a very long time. Tai could indeed be the answer. As I have said, it may not work but what have we got to lose if we give him his head on this?

Only because he can't get anywhere with his ideas.

Have you ever thought - Tai might just be right. If you want Speedway to stay the way it is then fine - we won't get anywhere. If you want it to improve then perhaps Tai should be listened to - he is most certainly not an idiot. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could improve Great Britain's Speedway Team massively.

It might not work - but unless we try something different we will be doomed to stay in the Speedway doldrums for a very long time. Tai could indeed be the answer. As I have said, it may not work but what have we got to lose if we give him his head on this?

Has Tai thought he might be wrong ? how can be right that if we don't what he wants then he acts like baby and takes his ball back all the time ...as I said before what did Denmark and Sweden do before this world cup that was so great ? the bottom line is we beat them .

Tai is only a speedway rider and should remember that ...but in tai case he wants to pick the team tell them what they should eat how we should the run the league and if we don't the toys come out the pram like a 5 year old ...maybe if was not so childish all the time people might take more notice

Edited by orion

From what the article says he cares very much about Team GB, and you can understand his frustration if we aren't doing all the things which the top nations are. I don't necessarily agree with him making himself unavailable this year or his comments about finishing second last year (second was a great result) but he clearly gives a toss. Would be very interesting if he did manage to buy the rights, he is a born winner and you wouldn't bet against his claim that he would get us winning the thing. I think Tai gets frustrated with Team GB as it doesn't get anywhere near his levels of professionalism (interviews aside of course). He's never going to be everybody's cup of tea but I don't think his desire towards the national team can be questioned.

• Like 4