British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinht

Kings Lynn V Swindon 18/8

The biggest problem this season has been an under performing Rory and Troy. They really haven't recovered from their injuries. By now they should have been knocking in half decent scores - at least at home. A few more points from them last night would have made a huge difference.

• Like 1

The fight for 4th place looks like it will go down the Lakeside V Swindon fixture on September the 16th. Swindon are 4 points ahead, but have only 2 home meetings left, whereas lakeside have 3. Assuming the home team win each of them, then Lakeside need a point at Coventry (possible), King's Lynn (also possible) or Wolves. Swindon are unlikely to pick anything up at Belle Vue or Wolves.

Of course, if Swindon lose at home to Poole, then things get more interesting, with (probably) only a Swindon win at Lakeside being enough to make 4th place in the table.

Looks like an exciting run-in for 4th place

The reward being a big earning play off home meeting but wouldn't expect either to progress beyond that.

Swindon have lost Hone & Away in the play offs the last 2 seasons.

I think Huckenbeck is worth persevering with next season. There are one or two others though who need clearing out.

• Like 1

The weather forecast for today had no rain in it for much if not all of England, especially dry and warm near east coast, so why slick and dusty? Thats not a track type created for a Kings Lynn side by request?

I was in the cafe at AFA Thursday at midday the track was absolutely flooded and ripped up. I heard Rory's mechanic say to the other guy doing the track "I have ripped it for you and been watering since early this morning, make sure you keep up with watering as I need to go now."

Its obvious the other guy did not keep up with the watering. No wonder Rory's mechanic looked puzzled when there was dust in heat 1.

I think Huckenbeck is worth persevering with next season. There are one or two others though who need clearing out.

Appreciate everyone has an opinion, but I cant understand where your comment above is coming from, unless you deep down want Lynn to suffer. For you to say there are one or two needs clearing out in preference of, then they too must be really bad....

Overall, Huckenbeck has rode 43 times, finishing last in 22 of them races. He was third 10 times and only won 4 times. averaging 3.81. Away from home, it reads even worse. In the 16 races he has rode, he finished last 11 times, acquiring a average of 2.00. I have great difficulty, thinking of a worse performing rider, in the Elite league, and am in no doubt at any other club he would be long gone....... Watching him ride abroad on the tele, proves he has some ability, but to continue riding for us like he has, you have to question his attitude . It is because of that, then he has to go....

• Like 1

Appreciate everyone has an opinion, but I cant understand where your comment above is coming from, unless you deep down want Lynn to suffer. For you to say there are one or two needs clearing out in preference of, then they too must be really bad....

Overall, Huckenbeck has rode 43 times, finishing last in 22 of them races. He was third 10 times and only won 4 times. averaging 3.81. Away from home, it reads even worse. In the 16 races he has rode, he finished last 11 times, acquiring a average of 2.00. I have great difficulty, thinking of a worse performing rider, in the Elite league, and am in no doubt at any other club he would be long gone....... Watching him ride abroad on the tele, proves he has some ability, but to continue riding for us like he has, you have to question his attitude . It is because of that, then he has to go....

totally agree he is know here near good enough if this club had any ambition he'd not even been in the team in March let alone sticking with him this long .
  • Like 1

He's obviously got ability and is young enough to improve, didn't expect too much from him away from home due to seeing tracks for the first time and has shown flashes at Lynn that he could be a decent asset over time. Certainly think he looks better than Jakobsen who has had the luxury of being a ringer reserve when he has ridden.

• Like 2

I was in the cafe at AFA Thursday at midday the track was absolutely flooded and ripped up. I heard Rory's mechanic say to the other guy doing the track "I have ripped it for you and been watering since early this morning, make sure you keep up with watering as I need to go now."

Its obvious the other guy did not keep up with the watering. No wonder Rory's mechanic looked puzzled when there was dust in heat 1.

Hmmmmm, so it's a team effort!

But possibly some of the team not as dedicated as others 😕

Edited by Trees

At this moment in time the KL riders details are as follows:

Niels-Kristian Iversen - 16 meetings, 81 rides, 193 points, 3 BP (1st = 49 2nd = 20 3rd = 6 4th = 6)

Rory Schlein - 10 meetings, 40 rides, 40 points, 3 BP (1st = 4 2nd = 8 3rd = 12 4th = 16)

Mads Korneliussen - 12 meetings, 51 rides, 77 points, 6 BP (1st = 10 2nd = 17 3rd = 13 4th = 11)

Kai Huckenbeck - 12 meetings, 43 rides, 36 points, 5 BP (1st = 4 2nd = 7 3rd = 10 4th = 22)

Robert Lambert - 16 meetings, 76 rides, 128 points, 20 BP (1st = 19 2nd = 24 3rd = 23 4th = 10)

Carl Wilkinson - 10 meetings, 41 rides, 38 points, 10 BP (1st = 4 2nd = 7 3rd = 12 4th = 18)

Lewis Rose - 17 meetings, 75 rides, 93 points, 12 BP (1st = 8 2nd = 22 3rd = 25 4th = 10)

Troy Batchelor - 13 meetings, 54 rides, 75 points, 6 BP (1st = 11 2nd = 14 3rd = 14 4th = 15)

Simon Lambert - 5 meetings, 24 rides, 34 points, 5 BP (1st = 3 2nd = 10 3rd = 5 4th = 6)

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen - 6 meetings, 28 rides, 29 points, 4 BP (1st = 4 2nd = 5 3rd = 7 4th = 12)

Guests - 12 meetings, 48 rides, 38 points, 7 BP (1st = 2 2nd = 9 3rd = 14 4th = 23)

Hmmmmm, so it's a team effort!

But possibly some of the team not as dedicated as others 😕

Even Iversen didnt seem too dedicated looking at his scores
  • Like 1

One swallow doesn't make a summer but great effort from Kai this evening.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but great effort from Kai this evening.

As i said before they are good riders riding badly and a good guest plus a big bonus with Lambert riding and hey presto a different team.

• Like 1

Very much so, a tale of what might have been this season.

Very much so, a tale of what might have been this season.

Couldn't that be said about most seasons of late ??? Would die for a season when everything came together to win that elusive title, Just once , then we could too, be considered as a worthy name in the history of this sport, that we have graced for over 50 yrs.....