British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Charlie Webster Fighting For Her Life

Totally agree Gavan, although it probably isn't down to the presenters as to whether they say something on that subject.

It doesn't really matter who it is down to. It would have been the right thing to do.

• Like 4

Completely agree I thought Nigel Pearson should've mentioned Charlie at some point last night, very poor IMO.

Personally think that is pretty typical of Pearson though, probably not the slightest bit bothered

It doesn't really matter who it is down to. It would have been the right thing to do.

Quite right Pearson being the lead commentator/presenter should had taken the initiative

• Like 4

Yes I know it is WK but it is the presenters that are coming in for criticism on here!

• Like 1

Yes I know it is WK but it is the presenters that are coming in for criticism on here!

Very true - but - said Presenters worked with Charlie over a number of years. One would have thought that one of them would have had the gumption just to say :-

"Our very best wishes to our former colleague Charlie Webster who is very ill at present. We wish her a full and speedy recovery".

That's all that would have needed to have been said.

It would have shown concern for her - as I am sure we are all concerned.

• Like 1

On 18th August Pearson put a pic of them both on his twitter saying ' get well soon charlie' so he does care and has wished her well publicly!!

Give him/them a break man, some of you would twist on 21 ffs.

• Like 2

Given that Charlie isn't likely to watch the Speedway,

Pearson, Tatum (I think?) and Louis sent get well messages on Twitter,

If people ain't on Twitter and it's announced on Sky what does that achieve?

The majority of people already are aware of Charlie's situation as it's been on almost all news programmes, national papers etc.

It would have been a nice touch to do on Sky but it wasn't a necessity, that's it, no biggie

Very true - but - said Presenters worked with Charlie over a number of years. One would have thought that one of them would have had the gumption just to say :-

"Our very best wishes to our former colleague Charlie Webster who is very ill at present. We wish her a full and speedy recovery".

That's all that would have needed to have been said.

It would have shown concern for her - as I am sure we are all concerned.

I think the point being made here is that the presenters do not usually have consent to say anything they like in comments such as this - I think you will find the producers call the shots in this regard.

• Like 2

I think the point being made here is that the presenters do not usually have consent to say anything they like in comments such as this - I think you will find the producers call the shots in this regard.

So all those times they have (rightly) wished injured riders well, in what appear to be off the cuff remarks, have been the producers call and not the presenters? I don't think so.

• Like 4

So Pearson wishes multiple injured rider well tonight (fair enough), each one took all of 10 seconds, but for some reason (unless I missed it) he/they could not find time to wish Charlie well for some reason. Really disappointing.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1

So Pearson wishes multiple injured rider well tonight (fair enough), each one took all of 10 seconds, but for some reason (unless I missed it) he/they could not find time to wish Charlie well for some reason. Really disappointing.

Multiple riders likely to catch the speedway, Charlie not so.

They've all done their get well messages via other networks, not getting the big deal here

• Like 3

Multiple riders likely to catch the speedway, Charlie not so.

They've all done their get well messages via other networks, not getting the big deal here

I think that most folk like me think it would have been nice for them to mention Charlie. After all, for those people who don't come on this Forum or read the Press - I am sure that there are some out there who don't even know about her dreadful situation yet.

No big deal - but - in my opinion they could and should have said something.

Anyone have any updates on how Charlie is progressing?

• Like 3

For those interested, she's doing much better by the sounds of it. She tweeted this:

Great News. :t:

Thanks for the update. :t::approve: