British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elb Monday 22/08/16 Sky Meeting.

I won't miss it, it is whether I watch it in the stadium or not. Might have to make an exception for this event, unfortunately ;)

It will be great to watch the world's greatest rider in action tho.

• Like 2

It will be great to watch the world's greatest rider in action tho.

Have Wolves signed Hancock too?

• Like 1

Lol, pay to watch Tai, no thanks!! :D

I'll laugh my arse off of Tai ever signed for us then Lisa! :rofl::D:lol:

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Is that why he lost to a PL rider in his first heat?! :D

Bit like Holder unable to find a way past a premier league rider in Josh G and one of a similar level in Morris

That's twice in a couple of days I've agreed with you. See, you can post sensibly without getting wound up by others! ;)

As ive said before the huge majority of this forum are decent i get wound up by fools (starman, pinny) and trolls (shovlar)

• Like 1

I noticed that, and had a chuckle at Gavans comments earlier about Brady being a world beater or something like that, he is still learning and I expect he will improve and be a good rider in the future, he only beat Justin and our reserves. Brady is good for his age and will get better along with the other Australian youngsters, whether he is another Darcy Ward or Chris Holder is yet to be seen .

Can't see him getting to that standard but Doyle was not that good for a couple of seasons then something clicked and he is now one of the best in the world, also Tungate seems to have come on a lot this season.

The thing that clicked (or stopped clicking) was his shoulder once he'd had the op!!!

• Like 3

Can't see him getting to that standard but Doyle was not that good for a couple of seasons then something clicked and he is now one of the best in the world, also Tungate seems to have come on a lot this season.

Blue don't you think that Doyley is a great example for riders never to give up.Fricke is another a slow burner learned his craft at Edinburgh and now look at him.Also with Fricke he has an awesome style like (Adams)Tungate i have always liked to.Poole have two long-term prospects in Kurtz and young Holder pretty sure of that. Edited by Sidney the robin

Blue don't you think that Doyley is a great example for riders never to give up.Fricke is another a slow burner learned his craft at Edinburgh and now look at him.Also with Fricke he has an awesome style like (Adams)Tungate i have always liked to.Poole have two long-term prospects in Kurtz and young Holder pretty sure of that.

Personally think Jack holder has more potential than Kurtz or Fricke.

If we met Poole in the play offs I would put a few quid on Swindon.

Our reserves have just come back from injuries, they will get better and score more.

Surely Justin Sedgmen must get his bikes sorted out and will then score more, he has shown in the past what he can do.

One or two of the Poole riders are beatable both at Swindon and Poole.

The overall result would be close but I think Swindon could edge it.

Seriously?

I personally think whoever finishes top will pick Swindon as the weakest and most inconsistent home & away.

Swindon have lost 60-30 and 50-40 at Poole this year and won by 50-42 and lost 44-46 at home so Poole have come out on top in the A or B fixtures this season. As much as I hate to say it, I would put money on Poole over 2 legs esp if the weather doesn't allow for the track to be how Tungate likes it last night

Edited by mdmc82

Seriously?

I personally think whoever finishes top will pick Swindon as the weakest and mod incisors yang home & away.

Swindon have lost 60-30 and 50-40 at Poole this year and won by 50-42 and lost 44-46 at home so haven't beat them yet over 2 legs in the A or B fixtures this season. As much as I hate to say it, I would put money on Poole over 2 legs

The B fixtures were 50-40 & 50-42, so practically nothing in it. In fact the difference over 2 legs was probably the fact that Poole were able to use a TR, and Swindon were not.

So far from a foregone conclusion, I would say.

If Poole were to finish top, I would imagine Matt Ford would look to see which riders/teams were slightly off form or injured, and make his decision partly based on that along with how his side perform on the specific tracks.

• Like 4

Seriously?

I personally think whoever finishes top will pick Swindon as the weakest and most inconsistent home & away.

Swindon have lost 60-30 and 50-40 at Poole this year and won by 50-42 and lost 44-46 at home so Poole have come out on top in the A or B fixtures this season. As much as I hate to say it, I would put money on Poole over 2 legs esp if the weather doesn't allow for the track to be how Tungate likes it last night

As I stated if we can get Justin Sedgmen sorted out we have a good team, for most of the season not all of our riders have clicked at the same time, but if they do watch out.

• Like 2

For most of the season not all of our riders have clicked at the same time, but if they do watch out.

That's the same for Poole too.

Bit like Holder unable to find a way past a premier league rider in Josh G and one of a similar level in Morris

As ive said before the huge majority of this forum are decent i get wound up by fools (starman, pinny) and trolls (shovlar)

Holder isn't world no1.

That's the same for Poole too.

Holder isn't world no1.

Holder is only just Poole number one!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Max Fricke being described as a slow burner is a new one

He was never the no 1 in the PL averages never an outright PL no 1 is averaging around the 7 point mark in the EL.I have always rated him more so of the way he rides style wise also he has a good temperment.This year in the WTC he coped easily and he has been superb in Poland which is bloody tough.Also Mockinjay" not everyone i speak to rate him the jury still out for some for me i rate him highly. Edited by Sidney the robin