British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V The Wolves 25/08/16

Have rain off tickets from the Swindon debacle to use up so the prospect of the world champion means Thursday seems a good bet if it's a completely dry forecast, but with a GP on Saturday will he and Iversen be present?

Have rain off tickets from the Swindon debacle to use up so the prospect of the world champion means Thursday seems a good bet if it's a completely dry forecast, but with a GP on Saturday will he and Iversen be present?

one thing for certain the club will keep us guessing right up till Wednesday night - PR is in the dark ages at Kings Lynn and have been for near on 2 years now

I was pondering the Iversen question myself. With Polish and Swedish matches dropping off he might decide to ride. Same question applies to Woffy as well.

Would be refreshing (but unlikely) for the club and / or Iversen to make an announcement early

Wolves should win this meeting. Having Iversen there will help, but I still think we'll lose :unsure:

After our performances of the last two weeks, I question my sanity in even going.. Wolves have been on the boil most of the season and the inclusion of Woffy will obviously make stronger. We are now that weak, every team coming here has a chance of winning. That in itself is sad to see.

If this is the result of Buster being Chairman of the BSPA, then I for one wish he hadn't got the job........

Wolves away form has been pretty poor of late but Woffinden's return - if he is there - should help.

With Woffinden Wolves might pick up a point - without him I reckon Wolves will leave pointless.

I can't see Wolves losing this one, Swindon won there and wolves are a much better team than Swindon. The problem at Kings Lynn it seems is not that there riders arn't good enough because a top four of Iversen, Batchelor, Lambert and Schlein should be a match for anyone but they are riding way below their ability although Lambert return after missing the Swindon match will be a big plus.

I can't see Wolves losing this one, Swindon won there and wolves are a much better team than Swindon. The problem at Kings Lynn it seems is not that there riders arn't good enough because a top four of Iversen, Batchelor, Lambert and Schlein should be a match for anyone but they are riding way below their ability although Lambert return after missing the Swindon match will be a big plus.

Out of those 4 i would say only Schlein and Batchelor are riding well below their capability.

Out of those 4 i would say only Schlein and Batchelor are riding well below their capability.

Iversen certainly rode below his capability last week, Lambert is excused but as a team they should be competitive which clearly isn't happening.

From the KL press release on Facebook:

"I reckon Kings Lynn is one of the best race tracks in the UK, so Im really excited to go there, said Woffinden."

Really? I beg to differ Tai!

From the KL press release on Facebook:

"I reckon Kings Lynn is one of the best race tracks in the UK, so Im really excited to go there, said Woffinden."

Really? I beg to differ Tai!

It was once the UK's "Jewel in the Crown" as far as racing surfaces go..

Now, it's devolved into a "Fastest Motors Wins" kind of track.. The shale quality is not what it was, and its lost a lot of its banking as well..

Just Another "Rocket Ship" track now.

***********Weather Alert************

With temps up moving into the 30C Mark Weds/Thurs of this week, and a weak weather front sliding down the Country, when it reaches a line from Cromer across through the Midlands and through north Wales it bumps into the very warm to hot airmass that has drifted up from Spain/France, thunderstorms will trigger along and around that line where hot meets cool. Although the day will remain Hot, and humid, these storms will break out later in the day/evening once the cap erodes... These storms will contain heavy rain, cloud to ground lightning, and could develop into large, slow moving storms, dropping copious amounts of rain, in a very short space of time. As with this sort of set-up, some areas will miss these storms, and some will cop more than one!!

Difficult to exactly where these will hit, but at the moment that's where they will probably break out..

Edited by Shale Searcher

It was once the UK's "Jewel in the Crown" as far as racing surfaces go..

Now, it's devolved into a "Fastest Motors Wins" kind of track.. The shale quality is not what it was, and its lost a lot of its banking as well..

Just Another "Rocket Ship" track now.

I have to agree with you there. Going back to a time when there were a lot of decent speedway venues, Michael Lee once said, this track was in a league of its own. Its a far cry from that now..!!

In my experience there can be quite a difference between what fans and riders consider to be the best racetracks.

• Like 3

In my experience there can be quite a difference between what fans and riders consider to be the best racetracks.

Correct,

Riders want a track that they can gate on, ride smooth and know won't be hassled by other riders

Fans want passing, side by side, wheel to wheel racing

• Like 2