British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V The Wolves 25/08/16

Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast for a swathe across the Midlands and across to the wash area..

Problem with this sort of set-up is that accuracy relating to the locations of the heavy showers and thunderstorms is nigh on impossible to nail down before they develop!!

You could end up with a "train" of heavy rain or a "train" of thunderstorms hitting an area, when 5 miles down the road remains dry through the forecast period!!

It's all about nowcasting and keeping an eye on the "High Resolution" Rain/lightning radars..

Hate these type of days. If I lived locally I'd definitely risk it, 120 mile round trip for a rain off or Swindon debacle take 2 I'm not so sure.

But I really wanna be there....

KING’S LYNN - WOLVERHAMPTON:

Niels Kristian Iversen - Fredrik Lindgren = Draw

Kai Huckenbeck - Rohan Tungate = Tungate

Robert Lambert - Tai Woffinden = Woffinden

Rory Schlein - R/R = Draw

Troy Batchelor - Sam Masters = Masters

Stefan Nielsen - Stuart Robson = Nielsen

Lewis Rose - Max Clegg = Rose

IMO, Wolverhampton's team side by side looks like a comfortable result for them.

For me, if we're to get anything out the meeting it could well be our reserves that make the difference

What are conditions like in Kings Lynn at the moment? I'm in Leicester, and at the moment, any convection that is required to trigger heavy rain and thunderstorms is reduced locally at the moment... We have grey, cloud laden skies, which is stopping any of the nasty weather developing...... And if it stays like this, we won't be getting the thunderstorms... So, depending what Kings Lynn have at the moment, will have a huge influence in what you get later on... So it's not all doom and gloom weatherwise.... 😃

2 miles from track it's warm, fair amount of cloud cover with patches of blue sky so occasional glimses of sunshine and a slight breeze

PK out of tonight's meeting as a cosequence of Monday night's incident.

Rohan Tungate steps in as a replacement.

What are conditions like in Kings Lynn at the moment? I'm in Leicester, and at the moment, any convection that is required to trigger heavy rain and thunderstorms is reduced locally at the moment... We have grey, cloud laden skies, which is stopping any of the nasty weather developing...... And if it stays like this, we won't be getting the thunderstorms... So, depending what Kings Lynn have at the moment, will have a huge influence in what you get later on... So it's not all doom and gloom weatherwise....

So glad you're coming Shale Searcher (weather is looking very good at the moment, so fingers crossed your journey won't be wasted), but please bring Messrs Hemsley, Machin & Darcy with you, armed with their cheque books, so they can pay all us KL fans money back they STILL owe us from the 16th July. ;)

Not sure Karlsson being missing is down to injury

More likely he doesn't want to get injured, our track is a bit of a jinx on the lad.

2001 (I think) smashed his legs up by going through the fence while racing for the Stars

2013 Fractured vertebra racing for Lakeside

His scores more often than not have been pretty poor so wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bit of the jitters when mentioning King's Lynn

Not sure Karlsson being missing is down to injury

It is, otherwise we wouldn't get a facility.

The bloke is 46 and had a crash on Monday, do the maths.

It is, otherwise we wouldn't get a facility.

The bloke is 46 and had a crash on Monday, do the maths.

Ok, I'll rephrase.

A little knock has given him an excuse to not race at King's Lynn.

Like you say, he's 46. Why should he put himself in danger at a track he knows is a problem to him.

Not criticising, I don't blame him for swerving his jinx track

• Like 1

Ok, I'll rephrase.

Like you say, he's 46. Why should he put himself in danger at a track he knows is a problem to him.

He is injured and a professional rider. No swerving required.

Whatever - Tungate is in good form atm so an excellent replacement .......

....hopefully Star's morale still good after last night's surprising result at BVue so hopefully they can deal with it :t:

Ok, I'll rephrase.

I'm of the same impression. The fact he has been replace by an inform Tungate questioned the situation. Had he been replaced by and out of salt rider, his excuse would be more feasible. The fact that Tungate inclusion has made them significantly stronger, its obviously it will be questioned.

This this just another spin off of the problems generated, when it was decided to run protected heats putting the CMA all too cock...... This replacement would never had happened in the old style rules... Be interesting to see how many points Tungate scores.... cause PK never scores that many here....

Whatever - Tungate is in good form atm so an excellent replacement .......

....hopefully Star's morale still good after last night's surprising result at BVue so hopefully they can deal with it :t:

On paper yes he is in good form so a good replacement.

I'd prefer PK racing tho but obviously his foot injury prevents him from doing that.

Still, it could be worse we could have a number one who decides to miss meetings when it suits him!

:wink:

Hopefully the stars will be brought back to earth tonight with a wolves win. Please!

• Like 1

On paper yes he is in good form so a good replacement.

I'd prefer PK racing tho but obviously his foot injury prevents him from doing that.

Still, it could be worse we could have a number one who decides to miss meetings when it suits him!

:wink:

Hopefully the stars will be brought back to earth tonight with a wolves win. Please!

well yeah - would be no surprise really if we lost yet another home match - i was just being optimistic for a change :wink:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Hopefully Iversen can up his game from the last meeting he rode at home, he should be unbeatable on his own track, with improved form of the rest of the team at Belle Vue and with Lambert back the Stars should win.