British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V The Wolves 25/08/16

I asked the same on Twitter cos there was no mention of Being at BV tonight or team news for Thursday just something about a Wolves rider being there. Eventually got a reply to say he was. Got the distinct impression I shouldn't have asked tho

I asked the same on Twitter cos there was no mention of Being at BV tonight or team news for Thursday just something about a Wolves rider being there. Eventually got a reply to say he was. Got the distinct impression I shouldn't have asked tho

Now then SL,the meeting preview for the Belle Vue match was definately on the Kings Lynn website last night ;)

Anyway i see Robson is guesting for Howarth,wasn't he not allowed to guest for someone earlier in the season as he had an EL average or something or am i imagining things.

Edited by tellboy

Now then SL,the meeting preview for the Belle Vue match was definately on the Kings Lynn website last night ;)

Anyway i see Robson is guesting for Howarth,wasn't he not allowed to guest for someone earlier in the season as he had an EL average or something or am i imagining things.

It wasn't yesterday morning when they were wittering on about Wolves visit tomorrow and a few of us said so :wink:

I like things done in a nice logical chronological order.....oh yeah and emphasis put on the Stars riders :P

As for rules....what are they :D ? Do they still have them? :D:party::nono::P

Edited by Star Lady

It wasn't yesterday morning when they were wittering on about Wolves visit tomorrow and a few of us said so :wink:

I like things done in a nice logical chronological order.....oh yeah and emphasis put on the Stars riders :P

As for rules....what are they :D ? Do they still have them? :D:party::nono::P

It probably wasn't on there yesterday morning.Didn't have time to look,some of us still have to go to work :P:wink:.

I too like things done in order,which to be fair the website has always done it in order,apart from the Tai bit.

But over the last few weeks/months people have been moaning about that.Because when the Young Stars ride on Wednesday they rightly get the exposure first, but people were moaning why the main team news isn't on there before the Young Stars have rode.

Weather still not looking too sharp for tomorrow:-(

WEATHER

Rained overnight. Now it's warm, damp and overcast, slight breeze and light rain.

I'll be very surprised if this is on. Doubt I'll go anyway, don't fancy watching buster go round and round trying to get a track that's barely rideable.

• Like 1

Rohan Tungate guesting for injured Peter Karlsson for Wolves tonight. Strong Wolves side if Tungate rides like he did at Swindon on Monday.

• Like 1

Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast for a swathe across the Midlands and across to the wash area..

Problem with this sort of set-up is that accuracy relating to the locations of the heavy showers and thunderstorms is nigh on impossible to nail down before they develop!!

You could end up with a "train" of heavy rain or a "train" of thunderstorms hitting an area, when 5 miles down the road remains dry through the forecast period!!

It's all about nowcasting and keeping an eye on the "High Resolution" Rain/lightning radars..

I can't see Wolves losing this one, Swindon won there and wolves are a much better team than Swindon. The problem at Kings Lynn it seems is not that there riders arn't good enough because a top four of Iversen, Batchelor, Lambert and Schlein should be a match for anyone but they are riding way below their ability although Lambert return after missing the Swindon match will be a big plus.

In your opinion - which may be shared by others but the facts suggest that they are evenly matched - look at the league table.

With Lambert being back (and on the back of last night's result), I think KL will win in front of their home fans

Correct,

Riders want a track that they can gate on, ride smooth and know won't be hassled by other riders

Fans want passing, side by side, wheel to wheel racing

Exactly, like the World Cup race off, riders loved the grippy track but racing was crap.

For good racing track needs to be slicker on inside with some dirt on the outside.

Last night was some good racing at Belle Vue but riders moaning about track being slick.

• Like 1

In your opinion - which may be shared by others but the facts suggest that they are evenly matched - look at the league table.

With Lambert being back (and on the back of last night's result), I think KL will win in front of their home fans

The league table backs it up, Wolves 2pts behind, match in hand , having ridden three less home fixtures and have strengthened up with including Woffinden.

As for tonight, it's a fixture that could really go either way. A lot will depend on which Kings Lynn show up!