British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V The Wolves 25/08/16

I don't believe the fans of KL are being unreasonable. We don't need a lot to keep us happy and contented. All we need is a bit of Heart, some Passion and a show of effort. That's not a lot to ask for. But to be charged for the below par application we've seen of late is unacceptable. We once boasted of our team spirit, but that has long gone. We even have teammates racing each instead of concentrating on the opposition.

Going back to Rory. He has done wonderfully well when thinking of the condition he was in, and for that I applaud him. I still question the sense of it all. I would have thought he wouldn't want to gamble again after he nearly lost it all. If he wants to continue riding then so be it, but If he is unable to score the points his team place warrants, then it's wrong he is gifted a place. The team has to come first always.....

I agree all I'm saying in Rory case he should be shown some respect- he's been a great captain and rider for the club and doesn't deserve the criticism and by all accounts abuse that's been shown . I'm not saying his form is good because it's far from that obviously.
  • Like 2

There's no doubt about it, releasing Mads for Rory was a massive error of judgement from everybody.

Rory's mental strength to get back on the bike is extreme but he has lost that strength to compete.

His gating last night was as good as any over the first 20-30 meters but going into the first turn the throttle is knocked off.

Heat 6 or 8 last night in 2nd position riders were getting a bit close for his liking and he just moved out the way on turns 3-4.

We were all proud to have him back & wanted him back, but now feel he's being selfish to the detriment of the team as captain.

If his 3-5 points every week are accepted then there's not wonder the likes of Huckenbeck & Batchelor are just rolling around like they're on a Sunday ride to the beach.

There was a lot of groans last night & believe v Lakeside next week the place is going to look pretty empty

I agree all I'm saying in Rory case he should be shown some respect- he's been a great captain and rider for the club and doesn't deserve the criticism and by all accounts abuse that's been shown . I'm not saying his form is good because it's far from that obviously.

Everyone respects him for coming back but this is a sport first & foremost.

The past is the past & shouldn't warrant justification for continued poor performances.

Saddlebow Road described on here as a gate and go track.

Hard to believe but others make the same point.

How has what was once the best race track in the country become a gate and go track?

• Like 2

Seems he may have finished in front of Masters in heat 13 rather than behind him, BSPA sure has him down as 9+4 and Masters as 4+1. My bad!

Not to worry. Even four bonus from five rides for a No.1 riding away must be unusual.

Could be the accumalative damage of heavy plant/cars damaging the substrate. Perhaps Buster can only play with the top dressing, the base compacted to virtually concrete....

Perhaps get a road planer on it over winter, to cut down deep, tear up the base and start again with fresh material?

• Like 1

The only positive comment from my family about last night was ...at least Woffy tried to entertain us with about 5 laps of wheelies and more laps of honour than the whole Lynn team (with the exception of Lambert) have managed all year.

• Like 1

as others have said.....a totally abysmal performance from the 'Stars' last night ..... and obvious from the start that it was going to be another struggle with NKI getting 5-1'd in ht1 closely followed by a ducks-egg for Rob in ht3 ....there's no realistic way back when your top 2 get so easily beaten :/

The rest were their usual lack-lustre selves albeit with plenty of effort from the reserves - whose 15pts would have maybe given Lynn some hope if the top 5 had got

more than 25 between them!! :nono:

We've been under-strength all year and can only hope theres a clear-out for 2017 :P:sad:

Another home meeting, another meek defeat.

A bumper crowd too.

Shame the racing was poor, like it has been for most of the season. Lynn is now becoming a gater's paradise.

Next season cannot come soon enough.

Whilst I may be despondent, like so many other Stars fans are no doubt, I still found it repugnant to see a grown man giving Rory abuse after the meeting when he was doing some laps, I'm talking real aggressive w-anchor gestures and abuse. This was in front of what I assume was his young child. Sure Rory is struggling, and should probably be dropped, but come on, that behaviour is unacceptable.

Totally unacceptable, the idiot, name and shame so we can have a go back!

Too bloody right he should be shown respect ....

The only positive comment from my family about last night was ...at least Woffy tried to entertain us with about 5 laps of wheelies and more laps of honour than the whole Lynn team (with the exception of Lambert) have managed all year.

Woffy didn't race 100% last night, obviously he didn't want to, need to (cos they were winning) or couldn't be bothered to. Wilko's race against him was the highlight of the night, I couldn't believe what I was watching tbh ... Edited by Trees

I think the point they were making Trees was that Woffy at least made an attempt to give the fans added value. My daughter has complained all season that the Lynn riders rarely ( Lambert excepted) bother to do an extra lap and wheelies are as rare as hens teeth.

Im far from Woffy's greatest fan but credit where it's due and a pity more don't follow his example.

• Like 1

Lynn's decline wasn't one I predicted. I thought they looked pretty strong on paper at the start of the season. Batchelor's signing in my opinion was a bit risky as Swindon fans had watched his form and bravery gradually desert him over the past two seasons. Even on one of his favourite tracks he has got worse.

Slightly puzzled over Mads's release, but in Lambert, the Stars have a golden nouggat in which no doubt the 2017 team will be built around.

Lynn's decline wasn't one I predicted. I thought they looked pretty strong on paper at the start of the season. Batchelor's signing in my opinion was a bit risky as Swindon fans had watched his form and bravery gradually desert him over the past two seasons. Even on one of his favourite tracks he has got worse.

Slightly puzzled over Mads's release, but in Lambert, the Stars have a golden nouggat in which no doubt the 2017 team will be built around.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lambert moved on to bigger better things next season. A management team with a winning mentality

• Like 1

Strong on paper - really? They didn't have PUK at the start of the season and Batch was injured and they looked poor at reserve having to release Lewis Kerr. If anything, they looked like they would struggle and that has been the case.

• Like 3

My daughter has complained all season that the Lynn riders rarely ( Lambert excepted) bother to do an extra lap and wheelies are as rare as hens teeth.

Im far from Woffy's greatest fan but credit where it's due and a pity more don't follow his example.

She'd like Kacper Woryna then as he often does wheelies even if he hasn't won the race. :lol: Strangely enough he gets stick from some for doing that. There's nowt so weird as Speedway folk.

Strong on paper - really? They didn't have PUK at the start of the season and Batch was injured and they looked poor at reserve having to release Lewis Kerr. If anything, they looked like they would struggle and that has been the case.

Maybe I was thinking about once NKI was included. I certainly remember thinking they would be a handful. Definitely got that one wrong!

She'd like Kacper Woryna then as he often does wheelies even if he hasn't won the race. :lol: Strangely enough he gets stick from some for doing that. There's nowt so weird as Speedway folk.

Same with Lambert,i have heard him get stick for doing wheelies and the swagger etc.People saying he's to cocky.I like a bit of showmanship.Some of those fans would never believe what went on in the 70's and 80's.

• Like 2