British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds Premier League Friday 26th August 2016

Err I thought this thread was about Fridays match Panthers v Diamonds.

The Diamonds could just be Peterborough's toughest 2016 home challenge. 3 Newcastle riders were in Elite League action last night. Steve Worrall scored 6 points for Belle Vue, Lewis Rose 5+1 for Kings Lynn and Diamonds number 1 Robert Lambert top scored for Kings Lynn with 13 points so look out Peterborough the Diamonds are glittering and are coming your way!

I would not put the cart before the house just yet!!!

I think we need to win this one and I think we can if we ride as a team and put on the sort of performance we know they all can. I also think with half a team we'll get f**k all out of the Scunny match and our next two home matches are our toughest (Monarchs and Rebels) which I will miss due to family holiday!!!

Any news on Lightning yet?

a don't expect a Newcastle win, but if its r/r for Lindgren, it could be the secret weapon ;)

The Diamonds could just be Peterborough's toughest 2016 home challenge.

They would need to go some as i suspect Edinburgh will get that accolade.

Now who's biting

Oh I see, it's a strategic meeting of like minds. I'll never get the hang of Tinternet :shock:

Edited by Crump99

a don't expect a Newcastle win, but if its r/r for Lindgren, it could be the secret weapon ;)

Ludvig riding in Swedon tonight. Hope he doesnt aggravate the injury

Edited by toontrader

Ludvig riding in Swedon tonight. Hope he doesnt aggravate the injury

well, obviously he must be ok then :)

tougher than Somerset?

I would have to say that Somerset are the most professional team I have seen at the showground this year and compared to them I would say Edinburgh were not that good against a second rate Panthers performance . As for Newcastle very efficient at home but not so sure how they will perform at the showground , they have some good riders but can they prove themselves as a team at the showground Friday night . A 45-44 away win at a struggling Redcar does not convince me they have the same winning instinct that Somerset have ,I have no doubt that the Diamonds will finish in the top 3 regardless whether they win or lose tomorrow night,but are they as good as Somerset we will have to wait and see.

I would have to say that Somerset are the most professional team I have seen at the showground this year and compared to them I would say Edinburgh were not that good against a second rate Panthers performance . As for Newcastle very efficient at home but not so sure how they will perform at the showground , they have some good riders but can they prove themselves as a team at the showground Friday night . A 45-44 away win at a struggling Redcar does not convince me they have the same winning instinct that Somerset have ,I have no doubt that the Diamonds will finish in the top 3 regardless whether they win or lose tomorrow night,but are they as good as Somerset we will have to wait and see.

Our win at Redcar included a 5-0 and a 5-1 way against predictions and cos of stupid exclusions. So we should have recorded a bigger win. In addition we were without both Viktor and Ludde.

In addition Redcar are now not such a 'struggling side' having won the last 4 or 5 home meetings I think.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Our win at Redcar included a 5-0 and a 5-1 way against predictions and cos of stupid exclusions. So we should have recorded a bigger win. In addition we were without both Viktor and Ludde.

In addition Redcar are now not such a 'struggling side' having won the last 4 or 5 home meetings I think.

Dave,,, you forgot to mention that, Redcar always 'up their game' against us ;)

• Like 3

The Lambert van doesn't know where the EOES is

Funny it seemed to find it OK for the 4's final. :P:P :P

• Like 1

I'll bet you £500 that it doesn't happen.

now that you have passed your driving test . would it be a great idea to put that 500 quid , the 5k you have coming shortly and that huge 17k you have stashed away somewhere into getting a small car, insurance and stuff .to get yourself a bit more mobile than you already are . nowt flashy. just reliable .

then you may get chicked up and get out of your scarey world and into the real world .

OR ARE YOU STILL BULLSHOTTING ? .

tougher than Somerset?

Yes Stevehone we are that good! :t: Prepare youself for a shock. Hopes!! :approve: Cookie apart the Diamonds are more than a match for the rest of your team. I forecast a Newcastle away win with all 4 pts

Funny it seemed to find it OK for the 4's final. :P:P :P

Newcastle wasn't in the final