British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Stockholm Gp Saturday September 24th

I see Matt Ford and his wife watching in the crowd.

Possibly keeping an eye on Lindbacks performance?

Well done Doyle hope he nails it defo the best rider at the moment Hancock should finish second but woffy s got a fight on with the young pole for third also holder creeping up

Always rated Doyle, always said he'd be a bloody good rider but even I didn't think he could be doing this 3 years ago.

So down to earth when interviewed too, keeps playing it down.

That's £50 I stuck on him to win the title in March is looking good right now though.

Hancock should finish second

I hope so, the only time he had to race because he messed the start up and he was dead, dead, dead last. Doyle is a racer, and a fantastic advert for a speedway world champion.

Something that Kelvin was asked tonight was about 'racing brain' and he agreed with Pearson that Doyle and Woffy are both riders who race with their brains, and I fully agree with that. But last season Doyle wasn't racing with his brain, but with his heart and going for gaps not there, and so was involved in a few incidents and rightly excluded a few times. Since last season he's clearly learned (you could argue that's why Nicki is involved a lot, he never learned when to open the throttle and when to wait for another chance).

I don't know if Doyle took a good look at last season or if someone's been advising him, but whatever full credit to him.

I never had Jason Doyle down as a potential world champion, but hopefully he can finish the job now because he certainly deserves it this year. 3 gp wins in a row is a fantastic achievement.

It should also guarantee a bumper crowd in Melbourne, having a home rider lifting the trophy.

Edited by Terry

It should also guarantee a bumper crowd in Melbourne, having a home rider lifting the trophy.

If this doesn't get Aussies buying tickets and make Melbourne a roaring success then frankly nothing will! In Doyle and Holder two potential winners on the night, a potential World Champion and another rider in with half a chance of a podium place in the title race!

Announced crowd as just over 14100 in stadium at end of meeting.

Doyle on amazing form since winning in Prague as 12 in Cardiff followed by 2nd in Malilla and now 3 straight wins

Fantastic for the Roobin.

• Like 1