British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Premier League Sunday 28 August 2016

I just realized, people are saying riders to be announced soon, that could suggest 2 riders

Matej Kus and Lewis Rose out for Tero Aarnio and Anton Rosen maybe? It works average wise, and I clearly have too much time on my hands with it being a bank holiday :D Would hate to see Kus go but if it means good things for the team, it could happen :( He's been one of my favorites this year

I realize this, but surely SOMETHING can be done to allow teams to field 7 riders every meeting if they want, even in football, the most ridiculous sport ever, they have that signing a goalkeeper outside the transfer window or something? Maybe in speedway it could be signing a back up outside the cut off date?

It does seem unfair when you lose a rider due to injury as is the case last night I am sure George English has something sorted though .

• Like 1

I just realized, people are saying riders to be announced soon, that could suggest 2 riders

Matej Kus and Lewis Rose out for Tero Aarnio and Anton Rosen maybe? It works average wise, and I clearly have too much time on my hands with it being a bank holiday :D Would hate to see Kus go but if it means good things for the team, it could happen :( He's been one of my favorites this year

I realize this, but surely SOMETHING can be done to allow teams to field 7 riders every meeting if they want, even in football, the most ridiculous sport ever, they have that signing a goalkeeper outside the transfer window or something? Maybe in speedway it could be signing a back up outside the cut off date?

Very much doubt it to be honest especially as for the last month MK scores have picked up a bit

Edited by acclennell

Very much doubt it to be honest especially as for the last month MK scores have picked up a bit

I don't want it to happen but something has to give

I don't want it to happen but something has to give

Think I'd prefer MK and VP taking LR rides between then to be honest as think that would get more points than TA and AR

• Like 1

Think I'd prefer MK and VP taking LR rides between then to be honest as think that would get more points than TA and AR

Each to their own :t: Plus people ARE talking about a signing

Probably I would as well, but there is then the risk of another injury and we are well and truly stuffed then. By bringing in ONE new rider we are least better placed if we do have injuries to still contest the RaceOffs.

We will hear very soon.

I may be reading you wrong but your 1-5 can't take rides for a reserve?

I'm sure Uncle George will have it sorted..... Patience folks

• Like 1

Come on Diamonds plus three. Step up to the plate Ludde, Matej, Victor and Danny go like "Bats Outta Hell" Ricky, Josh and Arthur just prove the faith Newcastle's bosses have in you The club that is paying you need results.

Sorry Scunthorpe but I think this Newcastle plus three side may just do the business. A close contest with the diamonds winning by the odd point or two. Such a shame when a promoter signs a very good team and then has to book in 3 guests.

From 1st September Rose moves into the top 5 with Palovaara dropping to reserve Edited by ren

Rose isn't a reserve anymore :P

Come on Diamonds plus three. Step up to the plate Ludde, Matej, Victor and Danny go like "Bats Outta Hell" Ricky, Josh and Arthur just prove the faith Newcastle's bosses have in you The club that is paying you need results.

Sorry Scunthorpe but I think this Newcastle plus three side may just do the business. A close contest with the diamonds winning by the odd point or two. Such a shame when a promoter signs a very good team and then has to book in 3 guests.

Wrong thread? XD

Today showing that Smith from Birmingham might've been a good option, seems to have been forgotten about in favour of JPB.

Avergaes mean VP would be reserve though in September.

You seem to forget for some reason and don't ask me why but WE ALWAYS get stuffed at Scunthorpe.

Avergaes mean VP would be reserve though in September.

You seem to forget for some reason and don't ask me why but WE ALWAYS get stuffed at Scunthorpe.

Next year we should dedicate the entire team build JUST to get a win at Scunthorpe XD

We need Josh Auty and Carl Wilkinson in the team :)

• Like 1

Shoot me down if I'm wrong, but wasn't midnight on 28th the deadline for signing new riders? only previous team members who were replaced through injury eligible to return.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong, but wasn't midnight on 28th the deadline for signing new riders? only previous team members who were replaced through injury eligible to return.

It has been said that George sorted something out before midnight last night, which I am still scepitcal of tbh :P but let's wait and see