British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hornsey

Kings Lynn V Lakeside 1st Sept 2016

Same old same old you can moan about what you want and but as soon as someone moans about your beloved stars it's wrong face the facts Batchelor has been Sh*te all season everywhere with the exception of Denmark and it's a well watered down league over there like here look at him in Ostrow last night a maximums of zeros

Trees has a very strong pair of rose tinted glasses that's all I can presume - it's plain for all to see on Thrusday Batch was poor why he was taken out of his last ride is beyond me - to think he was going to be our number 1 till Iversen decided to stay .

We are all entitled to our own opinion that's for sure but I've taken my rose tinted glasses off years ago were KL speedway is concerned .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Trees has a very strong pair of rose tinted glasses that's all I can presume - it's plain for all to see on Thrusday Batch was poor why he was taken out of his last ride is beyond me - to think he was going to be our number 1 till Iversen decided to stay .

We are all entitled to our own opinion that's for sure but I've taken my rose tinted glasses off years ago were KL speedway is concerned .

The management know things haven't gone to plan this year, I don't need rose tints on to know that, I have just chosen to look on the bright side,there are positives, u two can't see them 😊

The management know things haven't gone to plan this year, I don't need rose tints on to know that, I have just chosen to look on the bright side,there are positives, u two can't see them

We're all ears, highlight the positives of King's Lynn Speedway 2016?

• Like 1

We're all ears, highlight the positives of King's Lynn Speedway 2016?

Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose for me :t:

• Like 1

Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose for me :t:

Rose yes I agree but I've been disappointed with Lambert.

Robert for me hasn't moved on this season imo, some good rides but still has his Chris Harris gating gloves far too often.

Rose yes I agree but I've been disappointed with Lambert.

Robert for me hasn't moved on this season imo, some good rides but still has his Chris Harris gating gloves far too often.

Imo Robert has moved on,has improved his average riding as a heatleader bar a couple of meetings.That to me is an improvement on last year where he spent much more time as 2nd string.Have to agree with his gating though this does need to improve if he wants to beat the big boys more often.

The management know things haven't gone to plan this year, I don't need rose tints on to know that, I have just chosen to look on the bright side,there are positives, u two can't see them

And the positives are ? for me Lewis Rose Robert Lambert and watching NKI apart from that I'm struggling to think of any others but I'm sure there must be some .

Yep agree with that tellboy, he has been inconsistent because of his poor gating but he has developed this year in terms of away form, PL form, getting a Swedish team place, reaching the GP challenge and his performances in the world U21 individual and team meetings. His gating will hold him back until he gets it sorted but for an 18 year old I think he's doing ok.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

I think the expectation level is massive where Lambert is concerned. I guess people would have been looking at him as the 'New Michael Lee' I think this season has been one of steady if Unspectacular progress. I really thought this year he would be up sitting just below the big hitters ( NKI Doyles etc. Feel he is a little bit short of that. The Grand Prix Challenge at the weekend is a maybe good indicator of where is he in the swing of things. Certainly his gating leaves a bit to be desired. I would think he is a little disappointed to not even be a Number one in The Premier League, that riding for a track with a massive Home advantage.

Maybe Next Year will be the Big break through year for Robert. He is still only a spring chicken so time is all on his side.

• Like 2

I would think he is a little disappointed to not even be a Number one in The Premier League, that riding for a track with a massive Home advantage.

Maybe Next Year will be the Big break through year for Robert. He is still only a spring chicken so time is all on his side.

He isn't number one in his PL side at present,but he has been there alot of the time.This is according to the BSPA averages if they are correct.I didn't realise he has spent so much time as the No1 but thats what the averages say.

I don't think being the top rider in the PL is an easy thing to do, once in a blue moon somebody like Darcy comes along and can go to tracks for the first time and score maximums and break track records as he did in 2009 but there are a lot of tracks in the PL to master. Places like Edinburgh, Sheffield and Somerset are so unique in there shape, size and surface that it takes several visits to compete with the home men consistently. Robert has only been in the PL for a season and a half and to finish above riders as experienced and fast as Masters, King, Cook, Stead, Graczjonek etc in the averages who have been on the PL circuit for years is a big ask at 18 years old.

• Like 2

I don't think being the top rider in the PL is an easy thing to do, once in a blue moon somebody like Darcy comes along and can go to tracks for the first time and score maximums and break track records as he did in 2009 but there are a lot of tracks in the PL to master. Places like Edinburgh, Sheffield and Somerset are so unique in there shape, size and surface that it takes several visits to compete with the home men consistently. Robert has only been in the PL for a season and a half and to finish above riders as experienced and fast as Masters, King, Cook, Stead, Graczjonek etc in the averages who have been on the PL circuit for years is a big ask at 18 years old.

A big ask indeed. Lambert to me has some wonderful strengths, but will always struggle to impose himself until he is able to gate consistently. Yes its exciting seeing him come from the back like he does, but the higher up the ladder he progresses, the harder it gets to win them important races. He has to realise that gating is the singular, the most importance aspect of racing. If he cant get that right he will never be qualified with the best.

Without that confidence at the start he will always be classed an also run and that would be a terrible shame........

Edited by GRW123

If you assume he GP riders are top 15 in the world, the riders in the GP qualifier would be 16-31, take away the couple of GP riders in the qualifier and 18 year old Robert Lambert is top 30 riders in the world. That a phenomenal achievement.

As for improvement, statistically he's had a better season than last year plus he's had to ride as a heat leader and not a second string and has ridden the majority of heat 15s. That's quite a bit of improvement.

Not making the GPs at 18 is hardly failure. Give him 3 more seasons and see where he is, by then he should be in the GPs at his current rate of progress.