British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Coventry Friday 2nd Sep

Just looked at the advance ticket sales and less than 800 sold!

I don't understand it, The Aces are going flat out for top spot in the qualifiers for the first time in over ten years and hardly anyone is bothered.

I wonder if any more would have bothered if it wasn't just a qualifier?

Doubt it most would see it as a no contest easy win so not surprised at the lack of interest.

Edited by foreverblue

does zager do extra rides any way?wasnt keen on a 5th ride last night,in the showers way before any other rider.

I do hope they put the hot water on in time! ;):D

To be honest even with KK they would struggle to get anything out of the meeting but now it's a forgone conclusion.

Got within 8 points on our earlier visit and that was when we were in bad form and against a full Aces team.

However with no Bates or KK there's no chance tonight. Bates was out last time we went there. Josh was sick a couple of weeks ago when we went to Lakeside as well.

Oh well, at least it means Belle Vue will definitely get the points needed to help them stay top of the table so I'm not too bothered 👍🏻

Edited by mdmc82

I never dream i just see what happens on the night.

I have always stated that i feel Poole will just pip us because of their reserves like last year.In our latest 2 meetings with Poole they beat us on agg our top 5 scored more then theirs in both legs but over the 2 legs their reserves well out scored ours.So no dreams.

I think that you may meet them 1st in the play offs if you can beat them and if we can beat Swin/Lakeside more so Swindon they like our place to much. Then our 2 teams will meet in the final. Over the season we have beat you in 3 out of 4 matches and twice on agg But now you have brought the ringer in i think you will have a little to much top end strength for us to beat you. So no dreams.

So if we get to the final whoever we meet we will just have to see what happens over the 2 legs.But how sweet would winning it be seeing that i never dream't that we would ever do it.

And if you win it you will have earned it. I agree against the Pirates I'd edge it towards them however a final against us you will be favourites given your dominance over us this season long and seemingly the only team that can own us at Monmore.

It makes the semi picks interesting!

I don't understand it, The Aces are going flat out for top spot in the qualifiers for the first time in over ten years and hardly anyone is bothered.

I think the pathetic Bees line up has more to do with it than anything else.

Clearly lots more to do in and around Manchester on a Friday night than spending £18 minimum on a speedway meeting.

£17 at Belle Vue

Oooh same as Poole then! Interesting as things are usually more expensive down south :D

I wonder if any more would have bothered if both teams' riders were there?

Rather than no KK, no Part Time Max, a BV colt riding for Cov and a Leicester rider riding for BV...?

Makes total sense...

"Form an orderly queue, no pushing, you'll all get in"...

"Now, what have you got in those bags"...?😁

Edited by mikebv

HOW many likely to pay on arrival do you think?

Looking at the back straight and grandstand I'd say there are 1800ish in tonight so about as many again walk up?

How does the crowd compare to the bank holiday meeting?

Can those there confirmed how the track is? Lots of posts from both sets of fans on Twitter saying there is only one line an inch from the fence. Saying they have just tried to sort track by dumping lots of shale on it but didn't know what to do with it then.

Big crash once racing started again. Ambulance on track for Bomber ☹️

Oooh same as Poole then! Interesting as things are usually more expensive down south :D

Yes but Poole charge for children - which is shocking!

• Like 4

♣️ MEETING UPDATE 🐝

@BomberHarris37 officially withdrawn from the meeting due to injuries sustained in the initial staging of Heat 11

Harris is on his way to hospital to be checked our ☹️

Edited by mdmc82

alas Bomber seems well passed his sell by date - or could it be that he couldn't give an 'excrement ' anymore about riding in a Coventry chest plate ? Has been an embarrassment in the GP series yet again in 2016 - So hopefully it's the former reason.

At this moment in time, with Coventry having said they running in 2017 - time to say goodbye, fairwell, auf widersehen - but thanks for the good times you provided Chris.

alas Bomber seems well passed his sell by date - or could it be that he couldn't give an 'excrement ' anymore about riding in a Coventry chest plate ? Has been an embarrassment in the GP series yet again in 2016 - So hopefully it's the former reason.

At this moment in time, with Coventry having said they running in 2017 - time to say goodbye, fairwell, auf widersehen - but thanks for the good times you provided Chris.

My timing is not good ! message written before knowledge of the crash. hope he recovers soonest