British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton V Poole. Elb. 5/9/17

Nicholls won't score far from what Hans would, maybe even more as very erratic this season Hans.

To me the lots of passing is mostly caused by away rider error and the home rider behind taking full advantage. I have been to Monmore dozens of times and I much prefer bigger tracks. It's just a personal thing.

Why not use Harris if available. He is not blocked by the 7 day rule as it was Wolves who used him.

Racing at Monmore pre 2011 used to be some of the best in the country. Agree with what you say thou, about 95 % of the passes at Monmore now are up the inside with riders going wide and getting passed up the inside. Unfortunately not a lot happens around the outside these days at Monmore and away teams seem quite generous giving Lindgren and Karlsson a run up the inside.

Most riders have ridden Wolves enough times now to know how it should be ridden, if they can't then they are either not very clever or lack enough skill on a bike to ride the right lines, as for Scott Nicholls it must be his best track so wouldn't worry about him scoring well

Doesn't matter who we have booked we will still get beaten fairly easily.

Wanted to make it up for this but doubt it will happen as I am in Lewes in Sussex on Monday.

Poole have had some great results at Monmore in recent seasons. It could be a tight one if the Pirates are in form.

Nicholls won't score far from what Hans would, maybe even more as very erratic this season Hans.

Nicholls got 15 last time.

Nicholls got 15 last time.

Let's hope he doesn't "do a Fricke" then. Edited by Steve Shovlar

Scott's a racer I'm sure he match what Hans would have scored perhaps r/r may have been another option can't see us getting a point from this but you never know shame it's not the sky meeting next week

I find it hilarious that the Poole troll has a pop at the Wolves track! Obviously he missed the highlights of the Lakesude meeting for example. Reckons people only pass at Wolves if the away rider makes a mistake lol. Seem to remember a recent meeting on sky and all the riders were hitting ruts and shooting across corners! Wolves is a great track with lots of lines. Some people seem to think speedway is all about riding flat out! Well Wolves regularly provides better racing than every track in the league and to say that Poole is second only to Belle Vue is total crap

• Like 2

Why do people slag it off on social media if it is soooo good. Have only seen a handful of meetings at Wolves, so can only go on that. Not that I have said it is rubbish or good yet!

Unless you have been to Wolves every week Gavan, you can't really make statements like that!

Edited by lisa-colette

Great to see Poole are confident of a Play-Off push for next season.

A bit early to talk this meeting up when this season hasn't finished yet.

How did you acquire next years fixture list Shovvy??

:lol::t:

• Like 1

With 5 riders due to take part in tomorrow's GP challenge, lets hope they all come through without further injury - other than Hans' worsening hand/finger!! ;-)

Won't mean much in the end as they are likely to meet up in the play offs with Belle Vue obviously going to pick Swindon. Both teams will look at it as practice on the opponents track more than a battle for three points.