British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

if one of those currently outside the top 8 qualifies ahead of Lindgren - who do you see the final wildcard going to R&R? 9th, 10th, Pedersen and...?

Melbourne is going to be interesting for 7th/8th

Currently

7 Janowski 85

8 lindgren 82

9= NKI 79

9= Lindback 79

9= Zagar 79

Kildemand, Jonsson and Harris to go

Lindgren, Dudek and Vaculik from Challenge

with Pedersen and all those not in the top 8 above getting the remaining WC`s - the only complication and it`s a big one-Lindgren must not finish in top 8- if he does and Bjerre is in then 1 of those 5 will miss out.

I don`t think Emil will get one.

No they could all be back in, UNLESS Emil is given a wildcard.

e.g. if current standings were the same, it would be Nicki P, NKI, Lindback and Zagar.

Personally I'd like to see at least one wildcard go to a rider currently outside the series, and I'd like that to go to Emil.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

if one of those currently outside the top 8 qualifies ahead of Lindgren - who do you see the final wildcard going to R&R? 9th, 10th, Pedersen and...?

Magic would be in trouble if he finishes outside the top 8 - mind you he has a nice cushion. NKI is certain to get one and lindback also I think so that does leave Zagar as the vulnerable one

e.g. if current standings were the same, it would be Nicki P, NKI, Lindback and Zagar.

Personally I'd like to see at least one wildcard go to a rider currently outside the series, and I'd like that to go to Emil.

All the best

Rob

Yes you are correct-my mistake

All the best

Rob

so we just need Freddie to drop out of top 8, then it can be two of Puk, Nki, Lindback, Janoswki (whichever two finish out of the top 8), Nicki and Emil.

so we just need Freddie to drop out of top 8, then it can be two of Puk, Nki, Lindback, Janoswki (whichever two finish out of the top 8), Nicki and Emil.

Which leaves Zagar out in the cold- which is why for me Emil should do the qualifiers in 2017.

• Like 1

Yes, although Puk and NKI are the same man. :D I assume one of those is supposed to be Zagar.

Al the best

Rob

PS R&R, there's room for them all, plus Emil, as long as Lindgren finishes outside the top 8.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Yes, although Puk and NKI are the same man. :D I assume one of those is supposed to be Zagar.

Al the best

Rob

PS R&R, there's room for them all, plus Emil, as long as Lindgren finishes outside the top 8.

I will get it eventually :lol:

• Like 1

If Emil wants to get back in the GP's he should get off his arse & do the qualifiers. Why should he be handed a place at he expense of someone who has done the hard yards. He doesn't deserve any special treatment, quite the opposite.

If Emil wants to get back in the GP's he should get off his arse & do the qualifiers. Why should he be handed a place at he expense of someone who has done the hard yards. He doesn't deserve any special treatment, quite the opposite.

I see that argument. At the end of the day, though, I'm a fan, not a rider. And as a fan, I want to see the strongest and most exciting line-up possible for the Grand Prix series. And such a series would have Emil Sayfutdinov in it.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I see that argument. At the end of the day, though, I'm a fan, not a rider. And as a fan, I want to see the strongest and most exciting line-up possible for the Grand Prix series. And such a series would have Emil Sayfutdinov in it.

All the best

Rob

Then why have qualifiers at all, all BSI need to do is pick the riders who might be able to bring in an extra few through the gates, which Sayfutdinov can do, or give wild cards picks to what is perceived to be the top sixteen riders in the World. I would love to see Emil back in the GP`s but it was his decision and his decision alone to leave SGP, I don`t see how he should get back in at a time of his choosing, as others have said if he wants to get back to GP speedway then it should be via the qualification system, I am sure we would all be supporting him in that quest.

• Like 2

As others have said including those on the Travel Plus forum Emil should get a wildcard.The GPs need a shot in the arm and he is about the only rider out there that can give it that extra boost

ZAGAR as a wild card at Krsko only would satisfy BSI regarding Slovenia. Don't sense any great appetite to put him back in. Lambert far too inexperienced and would do his career more harm than good.

After two good rounds I hope Matej can get into the top 8 after Melbourne. Even if he only misses out by a couple of points, I reckon he has shown enough over the past two years (and past two rounds) that he would be deserving of a pick.

It seems, however, that he suffers from the same thing as Rune Holta (in his time as a GP rider) that he isn't the right nationality to attract "key markets" and therefore is less likely to get a pick than other riders who do represent the "bigger" nations.

Edited by salty

YES, part of their package. Nice morning conversation with Greg Hancock, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Buster Chapman, Kelvin Tatum and Nigel Pearson.

Ah well, they tell me no new info came from the forum anyways ...

Ah well, they tell me no new info came from the forum anyways ...

FEW snippets from Buster but it was supposed to be entertaining and it was.

What about altering the format and increasing the number of permanent riders in the line up so that you can include top riders from each speedway nation but change it to a knock out tournament where the top twenty or so riders compete in the first four rounds. Riders are then eliminated based on the lowest points scored with x number going through to the next four rounds. Once completed then apply the same knock out system and the last four rounds decide the ultimate world champion from the remaining top scorers. This may be a simplified version and clearly would need structuring in such a way as to encourage sponsors etc. but you could have the initial four regional rounds in say Italy, Germany, Slovenia and Czech Republic. The next four rounds are then held in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, U K and central europe. Then four final rounds in Poland, Middle East, Asia and Australia. (If not the Middle East or Asia, then the USA and Argentina). The reason for the ME/Asia is following the money/wealth. After all the powers that be seemed to have cracked it re temp tracks so new markets with the right backing should no prove to be as insurmountable as it was in the past. Just thoughts but spicing it up a bit may attract more investment and help open up new markets. No doubts lots of anti feedback but it is merely a suggestion.