British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

Commentator Pearson tells us regular Herberts.. he explains the rules every so often, as there are new viewers tuning in all the time.

New viewers?

Been a warm day... perhaps sun stroke to blame on Nige's fod?

Don't normally stick up for loud mouth Mr Shouty, but he was referring to the fact that tonight the Speedway was on the new SkySports Mix channel that is FREE so there would have been some people watching the speedway who don't normally see it as its normally on the "pay" channels.

• Like 1

Nigel stated Jack Holder was likely to be at Poole next season, anyone watching the broadcast 'heard'.

• Like 1

909 its on now

You just given yourself away now mate... Funny looking speedway bikes. But hey... :P

Can't see how Shovlar calls this a good meeting....oh wait yes I can Poole are winning. The only passing has been from one rider. Gate and go. Still Newmans form must be a concern.

Poole to hit 60 as everyone bar Shovlar predicted. Palm Toft the only rider to pass anyone. Snorefest as predicted by everyone but hey guess we wil get a sensational match report that may include maximum man Chris Lazarus Holder

we will get a report because Poole have won trust me. He thought before the meeting it could be close when everyone else said it would be a thrashing and now he is gloating it's what trolls do. He reckons there has been good racing but only when Palm Toft has been riding. Boring predictable meeting but you wait for this report it will be worth it

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Your wasting your time pugwash. Nobody said this was going to be an entertaining meeting. Sky should have come down last week..

It's always the way, how many times we think to our selfs if only Sky were here last week etc !! In many ways a highlights show would be much better, I think we get 2 or 3 good meetings a season and it does nothing to attract new fans.

It may turn people from I couldn't watch that all night to I have got to go see that live.

No rain offs and boring 1 sided meetings. And selected live meetings such as British final, play offs etc.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of bombers but if he's in pain due to injuries then it's not really fair to accept guest bookings. I understand that he doesn't have other meeting but it's not much help to king's Lynn.

He should rest up

Why did he take a guest booking tonight when he knows he is injured .Why not rest as he has a GP this saturday

• Like 1

Entertaining meeting regardless of the scoreline. Well done to a PL journeyman who showed up the whole of the Kings Lynn team. Paid 14 out of 29. The Kings Lynn riders should hang their heads in shame. Palm Toft did this at Belle Vue and he did it again tonight.

Some excellent races and some gate and go ones but as always at Poole the racing is good. If neutrals didn't enjoy the racing they should find another sport. Of course you will always get the anti Poole brigade on here praying for a snoozefest but they are looking for a dull meeting. Sorry they were let down.

Some interesting talking points.

Batchelors demise as a decent heat leader. A shame but something has gone seriously wrong with his career.

Lambert. A long way to go before he can be classed as a big talent. Gifted a win through an ef and gifted second in heat 15 when Holder was rested. Expected more from him. No excuses as Palm Toft found passing easy enough.

Harris shouldn't have taken the booking full stop. Not helping anyone taking a booking when injured. Silly, and it robs the paying public.

The rest are not worthy of mention to be honest.

As for The Pirates it's hard to tell what our form is like with opposition which would rather be elsewhere.

Interesting program notes from Matt Ford stating there is a window of opportunity the week before the playoffs to make team changes. Watch this space.

Rumours were going around Wimborne Road that Belle Vue are in financial trouble. Hope its not true after finally moving into a new stadium.

Next up Belle Vue V Poole. Should be a cracker. Hope there's a big crowd.

Yes. Alot of truth in your last bit but don't worry about us. It will all be sorted for 2017.

As I said on social media a month or so ago. 2017 watch this space. Good things come to those who wait ;) ;) ;)

Oh, and BTW. MPT what a star. He rode like that for us and earned himself the right to be a firm fans favourite.

Good meeting tonight. Enjoyed that

• Like 1

You just given yourself away now mate... Funny looking speedway bikes. But hey... :P

Cant believe you actually did it :)

• Like 6

Enjoyed the meeting but Palm-Toft really shows how weak the league is as he is a 7 point premier league & shouldn't be getting near Kyle & Bjarne.

Kyle looked ragged & made so many mistakes on the track tonight & has been left behind by so many of the EDR reserves who have gone into the main team.

Can't stick Pearson or his mate but blimey they try hard to make this poor product of a league exciting.

What a pathetic team Kings Lynn put out for this TV meeting, are they trying to destroy the Speedway soul Sky TV watchers?

• Like 1

Cant believe you actually did it :)

Curiosity killed the cat, and all that.. :D

Enjoyed the meeting but Palm-Toft really shows how weak the league is as he is a 7 point premier league & shouldn't be getting near Kyle & Bjarne.

Why not. Palm Toft has always been a good little rider, just showed how good tonight. Also has a liking for our track..

we will get a report because Poole have won trust me. He thought before the meeting it could be close when everyone else said it would be a thrashing and now he is gloating it's what trolls do. He reckons there has been good racing but only when Palm Toft has been riding. Boring predictable meeting but you wait for this report it will be worth it

If you thought it was a boring meeting then you certainly wasn't watching ours tonight then..

Kyle looked ragged & made so many mistakes on the track tonight & has been left behind by so many of the EDR reserves who have gone into the main team.

Can't stick Pearson or his mate but blimey they try hard to make this poor product of a league exciting.

I agree. He was against a depleted King's Lynn side and yet only scored 7 at reserve from 4 rides on a track he's ridden for years. Ellis scored the same in the main team.

I think Newman has already peaked and is a FDR. He's come to a standstill in the PL as well.

I agree. He was against a depleted King's Lynn side and yet only scored 7 at reserve from 4 rides on a track he's ridden for years. Ellis scored the same in the main team.

I think Newman has already peaked and is a FDR. He's come to a standstill in the PL as well.

ive been saying this for a while that he has stalled and not gone on. Yes he has had injuries but he isn't progressing anymore. He gives 100% but last night he had trouble controlling the bike and seemed to only want to ride 1 line about a foot from the fence. The EDR has had success story's notably Garrity and Worrall but Newman and Auty have stood still while riders like Ellis, Bates, and Starke have left Newman behind