British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Plymouth V Newcastle Pl Friday 9 September 2016

Cracking meeting some great racing newcastle to strong for the devils plus stefan having a rare off night probably tipped the balance

An enjoyable meeting with some very hard and determined riding.

Best team won on the night, with 6 of the Diamonds collecting race wins.

Lambert was so quick in Ht4, he actually finished a quarter of a lap ahead! That takes some doing round our little track.

A little bemused by the Diamonds rider selection in Ht15, as an away win by 7 or more was easily up for grabs.

I will be cheering for the Diamonds in the play offs.

How do you say it 'up there'?..............Howay the Lads!! :lol:

• Like 2

Great performance by newcastle well done. We were very surprised at the choice of your riders in heat 15 though!

'Dodgy' team management ;)

Roy probably just wanted to go get some Pavlova on the way home and accidentally put Victor into heat 15 :)

He maybe shudda went for a smoke and put Lambert & someone else in,,, but hey-ho, its 2 pts more than I expected, so well done Roy and the team, good result :)

An enjoyable meeting with some very hard and determined riding.

Best team won on the night, with 6 of the Diamonds collecting race wins.

Lambert was so quick in Ht4, he actually finished a quarter of a lap ahead! That takes some doing round our little track.

A little bemused by the Diamonds rider selection in Ht15, as an away win by 7 or more was easily up for grabs.

I will be cheering for the Diamonds in the play offs.

How do you say it 'up there'?..............Howay the Lads!! :lol:

As I stated earlier , Lambert didn't want to do ht15 on Sunday, after coming back from his poor performance in the GP Qualifier on the Saturday night. Others didn't seem to want it either, till we got two to ride.

Perhaps the travelling affects them, combined with the number of meetings they do with doubling up and foreign commitments. I would hope Roy did try to cajole the top riders, as the 4 points was definately on. Strange meeting with the scores at 30-30, followed by 5 5-1's.

Just pleased for the win but more importantly, that Plymouth were able to stick two fingers up to the duo who tried to end Plymouth speedway, possibly not just for the year, but possibly forever. Hope they find the 2 culprits and perhaps punishment again using a Stanley knife. Tossers.

• Like 1

Just pleased for the win but more importantly, that Plymouth were able to stick two fingers up to the duo who tried to end Plymouth speedway, possibly not just for the year, but possibly forever. Hope they find the 2 culprits and perhaps punishment again using a Stanley knife. Tossers.

they should stick something bigger than fingers up them,,, and if you aim right with the stanley knife, they may never toss again (not themselves anyways),,, :(

• Like 1

On the newcastle website it says lambert hurt his hip in a previous race so was beter to rest.

• Like 2

Lambert must be injured, you just dont not have him in h15 with points still in the balance end of.

2 top scorers,(at the time),,, ommitted from ht 15, bizarre ???,,, ;)

See Lamberts Facebook

What doees it say as can only see a post from 2 days ago (not his friend so he may have some posts blocked to the public)

Lambert racing rather than his personal one. Twisted his hip in heat 13.

What doees it say as can only see a post from 2 days ago (not his friend so he may have some posts blocked to the public)

Plymouth vs newcastle

What a win for the team tonight and getting 3 points. For me was a stressful day getting in so much traffic and getting there at 7 pm and the meeting start At 7.15. Not the start I wanted but then got 3 wins and a third but in my third ride I over locked the bike and as I did so the bike picked up and badly twisted my right hip. So that's the reason I didn't do heat 15. Next meeting tomorrow fingers crossed, get some Phisio on it in the morning and then the meeting at Leicester.

Taken from Robert Lambert Racing.

• Like 1