British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Rye House (7pm) 10th September

We have very few meetings remaining. Scunny never been a happy hunting ground for Kennett. Tonight may be a better indication

He's had a great season to be fair..... (last night apart)

I agree that average cheating might still go on but with these rolling averages it takes much longer.

Of course it still goes on lol.

• Like 1

He's had a great season to be fair..... (last night apart)

That and Newcastle away. Apart from that he's carried the side this year

One of the more entertaining meetings I've seen here. Kennett clearly injured and must be doubtful for the next few meetings. Baffled why Peterborough let Tom Perry go.

Baffled why Peterborough let Tom Perry go.

Ditto Tofty, Morris, etc.

Morris was unfortunate but Toft and Perry just weren't producing the goods. They aren't the first riders to thrive in a different environment.

• Like 2

ALL HAIL TOM PERRY tonights performance from him and Thomas Jorgensen was Mudgway, Complin and Clews esc, unbelievable speedway Nige, best meeting at Shielfield since World U21 Final you heard it here first, if our track was like that every week we would be in dreamland. Lets all hope that wasn't the last meeting at Shielfield as I enjoyed my speedway immensly tonight, bring on tomorrow.

• Like 3

Very pleased for Tom Perry. Birmingham have got a fantastic crop of young British talent there.

Brilliant meeting, the best of the season. Some great racing and passing in nearly all of the races. If every meeting was like this the crowds would be flocking back. TJ was outstanding, looking very fast. Five passes on the night from Tom Perry, who thankfully cannot gate. Great reserve pairing he makes with Liam, who is finishing the season on fire.

A word for the visitors, Kennett and Robson were as good as usual, both had great races with TJ. Rob Branford always goes well around Berwick and tonight was no exception.

Great way to finish the season. Hopefully the meetings on Monday night and tonight will have persuaded any would-be buyers out there that the club is worth taking over. Everybody went away talking about how good the racing was tonight. Give the fans more like that and they will return.

• Like 4

That was worth the trip for... For those who say you can't pass at Shielfield... Tonight dispelled that again :approve:

Thank you to all who've made this season so frustratingly enjoyable :lol:

Berwick will hopefully be bouncing into our 50th year next year.. I heard more positivity tonight than I've heard in a while! Just hoping to hear some positive news soon :approve:

Edited by Bandits4eva
  • Like 5

You can ignore the score as this was a far better meeting than it would suggest. Berwick looked to have a comfortable lead but a 8-1 in Ht9 brought Rye House right back into things, thankfully for the home team they hit back with maximum heat wins of their own. Kennett, Robson and Branford were excellent for the visitors but unfortunately for them Lanham and Heeps were weak links.

So our 49th season is over but I believe we will see a 50th season and many more with a bit of luck. Hopefully any new owners will bring the necessary changes both on track and off, re-build the relationship between the football club and the speedway and re-engage with the fans who aren`t turning up on a Saturday night anymore. Do all that and they could have a successful club.

Can anyone confirm the winner of heat 11? I could've sworn I heard TJ given the win over Kennett. Looked very close

Can anyone confirm the winner of heat 11? I could've sworn I heard TJ given the win over Kennett. Looked very close

Kennett Jorgensen Perry Lykke.

It was very close but Kennett did just nick it on the line.

Kennett Jorgensen Perry Lykke.

It was very close but Kennett did just nick it on the line.

Cheers Screm. We were on the third bend and I I assumed from the crowd on the home straight your man had got it Edited by Shads