British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole Elb 12/09/16 Sky Meeting

Every Poole thread

“Poole will win this meeting comfortably” thus setting a narrative that is then followed with “Poole should have won that” If they don’t win….its predictable crap.

• Like 4

Gavan, if somebody doesn't agree with you can you just learn to drop it rather than turning everything into a fight? I genuinely cannot communicate to you enough how boring and frustrating it is to see you ramble on through every thread, reinforcing your opinion over and over again until the other person stops replying! That is not debate, it's just bullying and it's very tiring to put up with every day.

Very true.

I don't understand why he has to attack at least one poster in every post he does.

I have had his brunt before and Steve Shovlar seems to be getting a lot of it for some of his honest opinions.

You cannot call people names just because you do not agree. That is just very childish in my view and if I had been a moderator, he probably would have probably been thrown off the forum by now.

Perhaps he needs a hobby with exercise as their seems quite the build up of anger in there.

• Like 2

Gavan, if somebody doesn't agree with you can you just learn to drop it rather than turning everything into a fight? I genuinely cannot communicate to you enough how boring and frustrating it is to see you ramble on through every thread, reinforcing your opinion over and over again until the other person stops replying! That is not debate, it's just bullying and it's very tiring to put up with every day.

For what it's worth, I think you called that meeting spot on, but other people are always going to disagree with you or make d1ckish comments. Just leave them to it. Every time you jump on your being rude and strong-arming people who don't agree with you train, you just p1ss off another group of people who will go out of their way to be d1cks next time.

I'd put you on ignore, but then I'd miss the few quality (non argument) posts you make.

Nothing to do with people not agreeing with me. People can voice an opinion i have no issue with that.

However go back over my posts and the responses.

I stated how i saw the meeting.

NOT ONE person has replied with anything resembling a discussion point, something people can debate.

I have took the same old abuse from the same people that its all against Poole.

I stated how i think the riders performed last night nothing more. Never attacked Poole at all.

Zagar, Hougaard, Buck, Newman and Ellis were poor last night and Nicholls not much better.

I dont get how that can be classed as anti Poole or trolling and ive offered people to have a discussion if their view are different and nobody has, i guess its just easier to abuse me rather than try to have a chat.

As said many times there are 2 Poole fans i have issues with and of course its great fun for him to have a pop at me and then cant take it all when i give it back to him.

I have had a discussion about the meeting with people who are objective and people who don't throw insults around. When you learn to do that then I'll have a discussion with you.

Cool,find my insults then please. Apart from calling Shovlar a troll i havent insulted anyone.

Very true.

I don't understand why he has to attack at least one poster in every post he does.

I have had his brunt before and Steve Shovlar seems to be getting a lot of it for some of his honest opinions.

You cannot call people names just because you do not agree. That is just very childish in my view and if I had been a moderator, he probably would have probably been thrown off the forum by now.

Perhaps he needs a hobby with exercise as their seems quite the build up of anger in there.

I have no issue with you at all.

Steve Shovlar doesnt give honest opinions he just posts to try and wind people up. Check the thread, see how many people agree with me.

Nobody expected Hougaard to do better than Fricke............he posted it made Belle Vue stronger, merely a post to get a response, as even i will give him some credit that he cant be that foolish.

Edited by Gavan

Simple fact is Gavan that any good points you make about Poole speedway (occasionally there are a few!) are lost through insults and flaming rhetoric therefore we are unable to take you seriously. Why would we when it's so obvious you enjoy getting a rise out of people on this forum.

Lets face you feel you the need to comment on every Poole thread as if it's your mission in life when in fact you are just plain trolling and like all trolls, you remain in denial which often leads to pathetic backtracking.

​Some of the insults you have dished out should have have lead to a permanent ban a long time ago and it only highlights the weakness in the moderation on here.

• Like 3

Simple fact is Gavan that any good points you make about Poole speedway (occasionally there are a few!) are lost through insults and flaming rhetoric therefore we are unable to take you seriously. Why would we when it's so obvious you enjoy getting a rise out of people on this forum.

Lets face you feel you the need to comment on every Poole thread as if it's your mission in life when in fact you are just plain trolling and like all trolls, you remain in denial which often leads to pathetic backtracking.

​Some of the insults you have dished out should have have lead to a permanent ban a long time ago and it only highlights the weakness in the moderation on here.

Please again tell me what insults ive used apart from idiot for Starman (and please check this thread as others have used worse) and troll for Shovlar.

Last nights meeting was a big meeting and as a speedway fan of course i will comment.

I didnt insult anyone (merely pointing out that Shovlars points at the start of the thread were wrong) i simply put my view of the match up and as yet nobody has discussed with me any of those.

I dont post to get a reaction i reply to others on here that do do that.

I am the poster that reacts to others and yes sometimes stupidly.

It doesnt matter what i post about Poole it will be pulled apart.

I have said all season how brilliant Adam Ellis has been. I praised Holder hugely for last night, that gets glossed over.

Not one Belle Vue fan has whinged that i said Zagar and Hougaard were poor, yet if i mention the Poole riders that had bad nights the same few jump all over me.

In my opinion Ellis away from home at times, and Newman and Bucks poor from could cost Poole the league. Apparantly im not allowed to say that.

I think Poole will still win the league as they have the habit of keeping scores close away from home.

As ive said feel free to have a debate, i wont insult you, you dont troll and write guff like a certain person

NOT ONE person has replied with anything resembling a discussion point, something people can debate.

I stated how i think the riders performed last night nothing more. Never attacked Poole at all.

Zagar, Hougaard, Buck, Newman and Ellis were poor last night and Nicholls not much better.

I dont get how that can be classed as anti Poole or trolling and ive offered people to have a discussion if their view are different and nobody has, i guess its just easier to abuse me rather than try to have a chat.

As said many times there are 2 Poole fans i have issues with and of course its great fun for him to have a pop at me and then cant take it all when i give it back to him.

Cool,find my insults then please. Apart from calling Shovlar a troll i havent insulted anyone.

Steve Shovlar doesnt give honest opinions he just posts to try and wind people up. Check the thread, see how many people agree with me.

Nobody expected Hougaard to do better than Fricke............he posted it made Belle Vue stronger, merely a post to get a response, as even i will give him some credit that he cant be that foolish.

Perhaps noone has debated with you because it is the same old predictable negative post regarding Poole riders and to be honest, if they rode bad, they rode bad. Hardly worthy of a classroom debate let alone a forum debate. What do you say? "Yes they rode bad".

If you were perhaps a little more positive in your postings and eradicated the insults maybe you points regarding Poole would get more respect.

If you have a problem with two fans just ignore them like I had to with you when we you had to take our debate to insults.

You have insulted many people on this forum that I have seen and I haven't been on here that long. God knows how long you have been doing this for.

You have no issue with me, but insulting a new poster with an opinion in the British Final thread is hardly a reason to like you. I had to report you and ignore you for a while. It was my opinion and I got called names and then several other people seemed to think it was funny to take the Michael about me reporting bullying to the moderators. Hardly a respectable forum and it was instigated by yourself.

I don't agree with all Steve Shovlar's opinions but he does make some honest points and only seems to offend if someone offends him first. Perhaps he is worth meeting in person.

That is his opinion. Right or wrong, you cannot prove because noone can because Fricke didn't show. There is no fact if an event did not occur. You are purely guessing yourself.

Nothing to do with people not agreeing with me. People can voice an opinion i have no issue with that.

However go back over my posts and the responses.

I stated how i saw the meeting.

You just don't pay attention to anyone do you, there are plenty telling you about your aggressive style but you just carry on regardless.

Your first post following last night's meeting was to call someone names and to crow about how right you had been, that's not debate, it's just antagonistic, why not just be satisfied that you called it right?

Go on then, tell me to go and read your posts again, no need, I can remember exactly what you posted and it generally centered around you being right again and calling someone else a troll. Troll means nothing these days as it's bandied about by people like you as an insult, just plain childish.

edit; and there you go, got yourself a full page of posts in another thread, well done you. :t:

Edited by nw42

Please again tell me what insults ive used apart from idiot for Starman (and please check this thread as others have used worse) and troll for Shovlar.

Well from what I have read you have definitely insulted me and posts to robert72, Pinny, orion and perhaps a few others.

The biasness of the commentary team is over whelming, and so annoying. I'm sure they only see one team, whoever is riding... Tatum going on about Cookie touching the taps was embarrassing...... I know they have a job to do, but BV were equally as exciting as Poole were.....

Just hope the 'Payoff Spectacle' is not spoilt by their biasness............

They weren't biased.

Only if you'd decided they were beforehand and that was all you were listening for.

Tatum was going on about Cook because it very much looked like he did just nick the tapes. How embarrassing of him to comment on what has happened!

Did you miss them going crazy over Jacobs? I guess so. Did you miss them going crazy over Cook's ride? I guess so.

• Like 1

They weren't biased.

Only if you'd decided they were beforehand and that was all you were listening for.

Tatum was going on about Cook because it very much looked like he did just nick the tapes. How embarrassing of him to comment on what has happened!

Did you miss them going crazy over Jacobs? I guess so. Did you miss them going crazy over Cook's ride? I guess so.

I agree not biased, but if there is a worse sports commentator on British TV than Pearson I have yet to come across him.

• Like 1

Perhaps noone has debated with you because it is the same old predictable negative post regarding Poole riders and to be honest, if they rode bad, they rode bad. Hardly worthy of a classroom debate let alone a forum debate. What do you say? "Yes they rode bad".

If you were perhaps a little more positive in your postings and eradicated the insults maybe you points regarding Poole would get more respect.

If you have a problem with two fans just ignore them like I had to with you when we you had to take our debate to insults.

You have insulted many people on this forum that I have seen and I haven't been on here that long. God knows how long you have been doing this for.

You have no issue with me, but insulting a new poster with an opinion in the British Final thread is hardly a reason to like you. I had to report you and ignore you for a while. It was my opinion and I got called names and then several other people seemed to think it was funny to take the Michael about me reporting bullying to the moderators. Hardly a respectable forum and it was instigated by yourself.

I don't agree with all Steve Shovlar's opinions but he does make some honest points and only seems to offend if someone offends him first. Perhaps he is worth meeting in person.

That is his opinion. Right or wrong, you cannot prove because noone can because Fricke didn't show. There is no fact if an event did not occur. You are purely guessing yourself.

All Gavan has to do is be objective, no matter what he says he does a lot of insults especially when he was on the Tai thread and threatened violence on someone. Also some on FB say he is 'nasty' and they are not even Poole fans!!

Well from what I have read you have definitely insulted me and posts to robert72, Pinny, orion and perhaps a few others.

im not arsed about him insulting me, its water off a ducks back. Just when he gets insulted back he should learn to deal with it instead of running off to the mods.

Not once have I reported a post on this forum, its petty.

In fairness on this thread he has spoke sense but it doesnt hide the fact that he is extremely anti poole for some reason yet he denies he is. Certain other clubs have posters who irritate me a lot more than Shovvy does. Shovvy is a passionate speedway fan who travels the length of the country to watch Poole, year in year out. His comments are never more than banter, and shouldnt be read as anything more.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Steve at cardiff many times and having a few beers with him, honest guy who is clearly passionate about his club.

I just find it very weird how gavans more fascinated by pooles results than his own club ipswich, you very rarely see him in the Pl section.

• Like 1

After all the so called name calling finger pointing rubbish think alot of people are missing the point , it was a rather good meeting to watch with some very good racing from both teams and a meeting that had pretty much all you could want .

Oh and Holder was pure class last night

• Like 4

I agree not biased, but if there is a worse sports commentator on British TV than Pearson I have yet to come across him.

Michael Owen for one.

• Like 1