British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Slight change of subject; but how many of you think that the new Leagues have missed a trick ?.

Is it me or does the Premiership look pretty much the same standard as the Championship ?. If the Scorpions rode at Somerset; I might expect we could lose it; but not by mile. Reckon we could definitely give some of the Prem teams a match at Scunny for sure.

I suppose we were never going to get a full blown amalgamation this season; but it is certainly heading that way; as the Elite has been watered down.

So for me a cross league KO Cup competition would have worked and added a bit more variety to the fixture list.

Even the top Div 2 team (Sheffield) would struggle to beat Somerset, but it wouldn't be a big score!

I guess i just see Scunthorpe struggling for heat winners away from home in 2017!

Slight change of subject; but how many of you think that the new Leagues have missed a trick ?.

Is it me or does the Premiership look pretty much the same standard as the Championship ?. If the Scorpions rode at Somerset; I might expect we could lose it; but not by mile. Reckon we could definitely give some of the Prem teams a match at Scunny for sure.

I suppose we were never going to get a full blown amalgamation this season; but it is certainly heading that way; as the Elite has been watered down.

So for me a cross league KO Cup competition would have worked and added a bit more variety to the fixture list.

The doubling up nonsense pretty much rules out an all in KO Cup , but you're right about the watering down . Somerset have more or less the same side that won the Premier League last year and should Belle Vue run and Craig Cook sign , you could have him riding at number 1 in both leagues .

a bit like Jason Doyle at number 1 for somerset and Leicester a a while ago . so the e lite league must have been watered down when that scenario occurred .

wishing you a happy new year . ( my tip this year ) thats you lot goosed !

• Like 1

Missed the end of last season due to financial woes so didnt see Fritz, from what i read he's going to be a great numbber 6, shame Alex hit problems but I think Fritz will more than make up for him, on their day the rest of them are great around the EWR, we should have no problems with any visitors.

Tungate and Covatti as individuals

will be hard to beat though.

Looking forward to it.

Been to the track today and had a look round the new bar corporate area very impressive addition to the field of dreams.

• Like 3

SCUNTHORPE SCORPIONS have brought forward their regular Sunday evening start-time to 5.30pm for the 2017 season.

It’s an hour earlier than in 2016, when meetings started at 6.30pm.

Promoter Rob Godfrey explains: “We’ve listened to the fans – it’s down to customer feedback.

“We were told that people would like to get home just a little bit sooner on a Sunday evening. And for those with children, it means that the kids can go off to bed earlier.

“I spoke with Graham (Trollope), our track curator, and it won’t make any difference to the track – we can prepare an excellent track for a 5.30pm start-time, just as we could last year at 6.30pm.”

Fixtures for the new-look SGB Championship are set to be released soon.

• Like 1

Earlier start is good news warmer weather and more time to watch second half either MDL or NJL and still home early.

• Like 2

How many fans were approached? After speaking with friends, I know of quite a few that are unhappy, never mind the friends from over the bridge. It just reduces more the family time early in the day when you can get out leaving the end of day entertainment at the EWR(these are not just my own words but words of my friends)

How many fans were approached? After speaking with friends, I know of quite a few that are unhappy, never mind the friends from over the bridge. It just reduces more the family time early in the day when you can get out leaving the end of day entertainment at the EWR(these are not just my own words but words of my friends)

Unfortunately you can't please everybody all of the time and some you can't please at any time.

• Like 1

Still prefer Friday nights I can't make all of Sundays meetings 😩

• Like 1

Still prefer Friday nights I can't make all of Sundays meetings

Me to mate but seeing half the meetings is better than no meetings at all