British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Did anyone pick up on what Rob said & nearly said(keep this bit private tho')

He mentioned about Ryan having to score nearly 10 per meeting for his visa so he is already thinking about 2018.

Here is what I posted in Redcar v Scunthorpe 13/7

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

With Ryan, it is nearly always a confidence issue as he always gets an injury to knock him. As he has proved before, when he is confident he is buzzing & gets decent scores regularly but I hope he is not putting too much on himself because of his visa issue. Starting out this year on different engines has not helped with his inactivity in the winter. His 3 year visa expires this year meaning he has to attain a 7 point average or, when he returns home, a top 4 finish in a State Championship. By having a look at the amount of meetings left, he would have to average about 9 which is more than what Lewis Kerr is achieving. I hope he does not try too hard to achieve this & gets another injury. I think his best option is to ride within himself, confidently, scores the points which will give him the confidence to target the top 4 finish back home in Australia, which will then see him achieve his goal to return in 2018

Was it, also, mentioned about a return to Friday night racing?

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sport/scunthorpe-scorpions-look-lure-crowd-354090

Guest Scunny2012

Friday night would also suit me as well, can hardly make a Sunday meeting + under lights as Kelvin Tatum would say is "proper speedway".

How much is admission to the double header on Monday?

£20 for all adults /OAP's /students, £5 for kids aged 10-17 & accompanied kids under 10 free

Is it right that the Scorpions might not run next year?

That could be why Douglas has pulled his finger out, a bit too late for the team now but not to help his chances of going elsewhere.

A drop in attendance from me due to the meetings being on a Sunday at 5.30 and unhappy with seeing away riders riding the track better than the home team.

Friday at 7.30 preferred, there have been some great riders in the team this year but injury has spoiled it again.

Hope they're back next year.

Crowds have been down this season, probably due to the amount of losses & not through lack of entertainment. Rob is interested in bringing

TJ back & riders that can ride our track. Mentioning if not enough support for the Friday KOC meeting, was just an indication of possible change of race night.

Douglas started the season on GTR's & struggled(not helped either by getting injured during the winter in Australia. His improvement is down to back on a GM & more confidence.

Meetings at 5.30 probably helped for away supporters but not track prep as track conditions change too much over the 90-120 minutes. Not good seeing away riders ride our track better than ours(the widest racing line) but having 2 riders(Kerr & Douglas) having numerous injuries this last two years.

True.

Hope so.

Edited by IronScorpion

Guest Scunny2012

Unfortunately don't think there will be much of a crowd on Sunday with Sheffield running a double header same day

strange.there was a fair bit of follow the leader in your double header on b.h.m.which isn't usually the norm.there has also been some terrific racing at owlerton this season too.

• Like 1

strange.there was a fair bit of follow the leader in your double header on b.h.m.which isn't usually the norm.there has also been some terrific racing at owlerton this season too.

Yes the first meeting against Newcastle was probably the worst I've seen for a while in terms of racing. Glad to hear Sheffield are seeing some good racing, I 've seen some dull racing there in the past.

I've stoped going to Scunny as Sunday doesn't fit with me after mid June, track looks like a qwogmire most of the time and Rob screaming on the Mike trying to influence a refs decision really spoils it.

Bring Friday nights back and myself and two or three mates will go most weeks.

Yes it was like that b.h.m, early starts never produce good racing at ewr.

depends on the track preparation surely

Edited by bigcatdiary

Who do we want for 2018?

I'm not a statistician but surely these will be on the radar.

Allen, TJ, Lyager, Nielsen, Walner, Kerr, MPT, Aarnio, Bates, tail end charlie.

Edited by sharpandroid