British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Guest Scunny2012

Congratulations to Niels Kristian Iversen on the win, unfortunate for Jason Doyle but that's speedway, unless Hancock doesn't turn up RoboGreg is World Champion again,seems that now Nicki Pedersen is out injured Mr Lindgren has taken over as the rider to keep out of the way of, rather than call him Fast Freddie I think Fencin Freddie would be more apt,

Edited by Scunny2012

You are right saying that...as was the case with Jerzy Szczakiel in 1973. Was he the best, or just lucky?

SGP is not " one night thing ", so the luck problem is much more reduced, although still existing.

Your Zielona Gora rider - Jason Doyle was unlucky to get injured one round before GP conclusion, but that how it goes.

You are either lucky, or not.

Picnics ? what are you talking about...you are on the English speaking forum...not in PL.

Jerzy was a top man. Deserved to be World Champion. Ivan said he won it fair and square and many will tell you there is no greater authority than Ivan, when it comes to world championships and the winning of!!!

Jerzy's problem was he won it but it was supposed to be Zenon who was expected to win it but he didn't, Jerzy did.

As a result, Jerzy was expected to turn into the 'greatest rider that ever lived' to justify his status as a World Champion.

No other rider was expected to turn into the greatest rider that ever lived to justify their status as World Champion, but Jerzy was because he shouldn't have won it in the first place.

It's all a bit like voting for Brexit and justifying having done so, when you think about it, ain't ???? :)

This is proberly a bit harsh but when Doyle was at the back coming down the back straight I actually thought just take your time, a race is 4 laps. He would have got a point easy enough. As I say bit harsh I suppose. Gutted for him though

And another thing Tai seems to have lost his edge, maybe retiring from speedway to take up another challenge next year?

• Like 1

Just watched this after Facebook doing that annoying live thing they have started doing spoiled the fact I knew Zmarzlik & Hancock made the final. Entire evening soured by the fact that the rider that most deserves to be World Champion this year probably won't be due to injury. And I'm not Doyle fan.

Lindgren was at fault for the crash not Harris.

Glad Iversen won. He's been my favourite GP rider in recent years, that should mean he will get a spot next year. Another good night for Zagar. Are they relying on a Wild Card or can both overhaul the atrocious Janowski & Lindback in Australia? I used to be of the opinion that the older riders started the season in better form than the youngsters but the youngsters come good at the end. This year is different with Zagar & Iversen finally coming to the party as Janowski fades. If they do overhaul him in Australia I will be surprised if Janowski get a Permanent Wild Card spot. Hampel surely deserves a spot after his year out with injury.

Zmarzlik, Dudek & Pawlicki are in. For sure. Do the GP's need another Pole in Janowski who was overtaken by the pretty useless Harris this evening?

May open the door for another Dane. Pedersen, I hope not Bjerre. MJJ was god tonight. Or will it save Lindback who has been useless since the SWC.

Can Woffinden hold off Zmarzlik & Holder for bronze? Or Silver, if Doyle can't ride.

Edited by Col

Woffy is not mixing it in the 1st corners these days,his bikes are either not getting set-ups right or other tuners have caught up with Johns.

Woffy is not mixing it in the 1st corners these days,his bikes are either not getting set-ups right or other tuners have caught up with Johns.

Spot on, certainly the latter half of this season he's relied on making the cutback when missing the gate or else hasn't got involved, last year he seemed to have the speed to just line the opponents up over a couple of laps and pass them at will, it was great to watch as you could almost witness his racing brain working the move.

Such a shame we only have one true contender from these shores, oh for the days when we had 4 or 5 World Finalists on a regular basis. Here's hoping Rob Lambert can make some big strides next season and get himself noticed.

Or the others have just upped their game ,if it is tuning then what a sad state of affairs it is when one of the most skillful riders in the world is not able to show us his true talents !!!

Edited by FAST GATER

Guest GiveusaB

Diabolical refereeing decision once again!!! Where do these guys come from ??? they're definitely not speedway people!!! Really grates me!

I would say that Greg still being fit to ride has more to do with him realising that there are 4 laps in a race and having real skill and racecraft .rather riding like a maniac and risking himself and everyone else in the process ..

Yeah like he took 4 laps to wipe out Andreas in Sweden recently oh and how about wiping Doyle out in last years Etihad final?

Or the others have just upped their game ,if it is tuning then what a sad state of affairs it is when one of the most skillful riders in the world is not able to show us his true talents !!!

A few have upped their game but he seems to be struggling for speed,he is not making lightning starts like he used too though.He is class on a bike though.Was impressed with the young Polish wildcard very smooth on the bike.

A few have upped their game but he seems to be struggling for speed,he is not making lightning starts like he used too though.He is class on a bike though.Was impressed with the young Polish wildcard very smooth on the bike.

Don't tell me it's the BEL factor again?

Guest GiveusaB

Hancock took full advantage of Doyles misfortune and fair play to him! Mr consistent and a worthy world champion imo!

I hate to see anyone get injured, but its happened to Greg in the past too!!!

I really didnt want an Aussie to win it anyhow! (bit immature of me, but they're full of it at times!)