British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

bring in Niels as replacement?

Thought exactly the same thing, it'd even it up

Can't wait for the season to start. With most teams looking competitive, I'm looking forward to some awesome racing at the Showground. I'm currently trying to get a few friend's to come along and sample the racing, & would urge other supporters to do the same.

• Like 1

I'm currently trying to get a few friend's to come along and sample the racing, & would urge other supporters to do the same.

crikey I hope they are good mates! :D

• Like 1

Another season of second division speedway is imminent. Made worse by a Challenge match against Kings Lynn who took the 30 pieces of silver during the winter of discontent. I remain convinced that if not for this Panthers would still be in the perceived top flight.

Another season of second division speedway is imminent. Made worse by a Challenge match against Kings Lynn who took the 30 pieces of silver during the winter of discontent. I remain convinced that if not for this Panthers would still be in the perceived top flight.

I wouldn't be surprised if they amalgamate the two leagues in 2018 and divide them in two divisions , north and south.

• Like 1

At least they are not visiting the Showground. It's only the supremo & co.

I wouldn't be surprised if they amalgamate the two leagues in 2018 and divide them in two divisions , north and south.

where will they find all the riders if there is no doubling up/down?

Given some of the financial issues since then if the Panthers were still in the "top flight" i suspect its more likely that they would not exist at all. The highest tier commands the highest outlay for a marginally higher product. I personally feel Peterborough are better off than most, good exciting division to be involved in & excellent venue to enjoy the spectacle. Being in the top tier doesn't always guarantee top speedway.

• Like 5

If you look at the teams for the challenge against Coventry theres not alot of difference now, if you take out say Garrity and promote a reserve then add a 2 pointer to the Coventry team you basically have two championship sides. The Premiership is dying on its feet fast and is just not good value for money no more

• Like 2

At least they are not visiting the Showground. It's only the supremo & co.

Not anymore. Horton should never be allowed near a Speedway track again, let alone the showground. Who now for the challenge on 19th March?

Edit: website now showing Scunthorpe on 24th March as the 'next home meeting' so presume the challenge match is being scrapped altogether?

Edited by Noodles

Not anymore. Horton should never be allowed near a Speedway track again, let alone the showground. Who now for the challenge on 19th March?

Edit: website now showing Scunthorpe on 24th March as the 'next home meeting' so presume the challenge match is being scrapped altogether?

Have to dust off the Hokey Cokey cup this time next year - "We sincerely hope circumstances can improve for Coventry during the course of this year which will enable them to return to the track in the 2018 season." - although if I was a betting man I'd melt it down now.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Panthers vs Coventry back on the homepage now.

I can't see Coventry being this seasons 1-7, some of their riders are very unhappy.