British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

You'd imagine that Hopwood was fulfilling a prior commitment at Eastbourne which is fair enough.

• Like 2

I'd say that we took the options that we could afford. People can't applaud financial security but then complain that they haven't got a guaranteed no1 and the like.

Yet we could afford Bjerre, Thomsen and Cook in our team last season? Poor team selection again nothing more, nothing less.

Panic not, Friday night we will be without starke and BWD

Edited by Flappy

Ostergaard should never have been signed and that was said over the winter by many. Signed because he's friends with the promotion it seems. He's also riding in the easier number 4 position.

Lambert shouldn't never have been signed on an inflated average especially after a long injury lay off.

Bacon tbf we were all happy with this signing as out 2 pointer but has struggled. He needs to score 3 points a meeting Imo. Well done on winning heat 2 BTW.

Hansen was the signing we all pretty much demanded due to his form when guesting for us last year, however so far he's a pale shadow of that rider and is never a number 5.

As has been mentioned elsewhere Holder, Starke and BWD are more than doing their jobs and simply aren't getting the support.

Very fair assessment IMO.

Is shanes going to be the permanent go to 2 point Guest throughout the land now?

Nice earners for him whilst still not affecting his 2 point average.

The lad is obviously very impressive but it will be a flaw in the system if he can get bookings regularly which fit around his other commitments, where he can stack up the points without any average increase.

Maybe there should be a mechanism for taking guest scores into account on the calculation of averages?

And of course he's a very attractive proposition for any team needing a wee boost at the bottom end of the team occasionally!!

• Like 2

Is shanes going to be the permanent go to 2 point Guest throughout the land now?

The lad is obviously very impressive but it will be a flaw in the system if he can get bookings regularly which fit around his other commitments, where he can stack up the points without any average increase.

Maybe there should be a mechanism for taking guest scores into account on the calculation of averages?

And of course he's a very attractive proposition for any team needing a wee boost at the bottom end of the team occasionally!!

Only until he gets his 'true' average for Poole

Yep that's two meetings that his contribution has won now. Ok I know both replaced riders are injured , but it's only a matter of time before 2 pointers get pulled out of meetings for dandruff , or a broken flask and get replaced by Shanes .

Only until he gets his 'true' average for Poole

Riding in the top league , will his average improve any ?

Yep that's two meetings that his contribution has won now. Ok I know both replaced riders are injured , but it's only a matter of time before 2 pointers get pulled out of meetings for dandruff , or a broken flask and get replaced by Shanes .

But only 1 where the rider being replaced was expected to score significantly less 😉

Once he achieves above 2 at Prem level though wont there then have to be the multiplier applied as he will not have a Champ average?? So min he will be on is 2.8 meaning he cant guest for those who havent acheived their own higher average.

• Like 1

Currently 2.40 according to www.speedwaygb.co

Currently 2.40 according to www.speedwaygb.co

so if is at that level after 4h 4a then will only be able to guest for riders 3.36 and above I would expect

I wouldn't expect any changes anytime soon, listening to Carl Johnson last night. When does Lambert go down to reserve? Jan Graverson and Emil both want new British teams anyone?;)

Edited by Panther1997

Lambert, Worrall and Shanes were the difference, hardly strangers to a big circuit. The rest got 2, 6, 5, 0: hardly call that scoring well.

I was talking generally, not just last night. In the recent past we have won and had a draw at Peterborough.

I was talking generally, not just last night. In the recent past we have won and had a draw at Peterborough.

But given the circumstances and finishing with a dig, I'm sure that you can understand why it may not have been taken as a generality.

We have 6 meetings in 10 days starting on Friday..hate to be negative but if the team isn't changed before Friday our season could be over by the following week.

• Like 2

I wouldn't expect any changes anytime soon, listening to Carl Johnson last night. When does Lambert go down to reserve? Jan Graverson and Emil both want new British teams anyone? ;)

like I said in a previous post they'll beat a poor bandit side and dress it up , the simple fact is the three newbies have been great the rest have done what they normally do , inconsistent or poor

• Like 3