British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Chapman HAS to criticise him, he's the boss (makes you wonder how bad the rest are though).

Then maybe he isn't the right person to be the boss, but that's for another thread.

• Like 1

I presume the Peterborough fans will benefit by having free admission to all remaining home meetings, as the promoter has already been paid a substantial sum. Also Ged has given up on the rest of the season, so should all the supporters. It will be interesting to see exactly what the BSPA do, as the rules clearly state that Holder has to have a 28 day ban. Peterborough should also be charged with contempt of the sport. If Holder is banned and it affects Poole, then tough. I can't believe they would not have been involved in any discussions regarding what Holder was going to do, and probably got some of the money being handed out. This sport is dying a slow death with more and more supporters giving up, and less new ones coming along. Something drastic has to happen to reinvigorate it, but who or what can do anything to turn it around.

Sincerely , I do not believe that anyone or anything can turn the sport around. Lots of positive ideas have been put forward by a number of people and few of them , if any, have been taken up by the BSPA. The ideas that they have brought in to "save the sport" or "turn it around" have flopped. e.g. What difference did re-naming the leagues make? Did we get a major sponsor?

Sincerely , I do not believe that anyone or anything can turn the sport around. Lots of positive ideas have been put forward by a number of people and few of them , if any, have been taken up by the BSPA. The ideas that they have brought in to "save the sport" or "turn it around" have flopped. e.g. What difference did re-naming the leagues make? Did we get a major sponsor?

They blew it to stop the rot in 2010, which is ironic considering who's kicking off now and who's involved.

• Like 1

Then maybe he isn't the right person to be the boss, but that's for another thread.

It probably is and I doubt there'd be a queue of applicants if he stood down.

Speedway in its current form will have to collapse for the vested interests of the current crop of promoters to realise that finally the game is up. Only then will a sports entrepreneur look at taking on speedway and making a go of it, a bit like ice hockey did in 2010.

A new owner/entrepreneur would have to be just that, where clubs apply to be in its league and are governed by its management rules not just now where its an administration where every man and his dog has their fingers in the pie and can exert influence. Having one point of management makes it much easier to attract a league sponsor.

We also need to lose the term 'promoter', a grossly outdated term that largely means nothing other than team owner.

• Like 3

a team owner that does not actually own any of his team !

A question to you Jenga what would Cook have done if he was in the same position as Holder

instead of whining on about peterborough releasing jack holder, mr chapman and the bspa should concentrate on the shambles that is the doubling up and guest rule especially at the leicester - k.lynn meeting where we had 4 or five guests.the meeting made a mockery of the sport and something surely has to be done close season or this sport of ours is likely to be out on its arse big style!!!

• Like 1

instead of whining on about peterborough releasing jack holder, mr chapman and the bspa should concentrate on the shambles that is the doubling up and guest rule especially at the leicester - k.lynn meeting where we had 4 or five guests.the meeting made a mockery of the sport and something surely has to be done close season or this sport of ours is likely to be out on its arse big style!!!

Yes they should but that doesn't mean that they should ignore the Holder situation.

A question to you Jenga what would Cook have done if he was in the same position as Holder

In a word, yes.

who knows , ask him yourself .

btw .. i dont think draig like the doggy position . so i am told !

He should be so lucky, he gets sea sick beyond Dover.

BWD out of all 3 meetings this week with a hand injury

Harris missing the Berwick meeting

Holder missing the Newcastle meeting

Edited by Flappy

Why would Torun sign Cook?

He's poor on proper tracks.

is that why you and your missis were having an orgasam last year when you signed him ?

never seen a balloon get excited before .

• Like 1