British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

You're an impatient lot of buggers I know no more than you do. Alright I do know, the management are putting together a team of 7 riders. I also know there is a lot more to be announced than just the team. Be patient all will be revealed, when they have put it all together. Unlike other teams Lynn like to give you ALL the info in one hit rather than than drip feeding info. As a Lynn fan also, I also would love to know the team, but I don't know it. I know Nicklas is doing Rospiggarna, Rzeszow and his Danish team will be announced tomorrow. As with regards to Lynn I cannot say, Buster, Rob and Dale will announce team to you all once they have worked out all the permutations of 7 riders fitting into the 50 point limit. I hope this helps those who like me are itching to know the team. My wife keeps telling me you're on holiday can't you leave bloody speedway alone for a couple a weeks. Then Hollywood facetimes me asking what colour he should dye his hair and that goes out the window. Keep speculating It's fun. We can then see how accurate we all were to the team we hoped for, prayed for. Regards From Costa Rica - David

• Like 2

if the money being paid out i.e wages, air fares, mechanic, etc etc aren't sustainable by the club, then yes

how would you feel currently if you were a supporter of Belle Vue, Leicester, Plymouth etc

All got different issues surely?

The promoters should know how much they can afford when offering deals? Surely British promoters are better at working within their budgets than many others?

The promoters should know how much they can afford when offering deals? Surely British promoters are better at working within their budgets than many others?

if this was the case surely the clubs I mentioned plus many more that are losing money wouldn't be in the crap position they're in and having to make pretty drastic changes to their league

• Like 2

if this was the case surely the clubs I mentioned plus many more that are losing money wouldn't be in the crap position they're in and having to make pretty drastic changes to their league

But you should know by now Trees never blames speedway it's always outside influences ;)

• Like 1

But you should know by now Trees never blames speedway it's always outside influences ;)

Do I? I don't understand what you mean tbh .....

Do I? I don't understand what you mean tbh .....

well BSI had to bail Belle Vue out of the crap before the SWC could go ahead there, I'm guessing Belle Vue weren't very good at working within their budgets .....

BSI it's her outside influence

the problem the way I see it is Trees sees no wrong at the AFA everything in the garden is rosy but when you mention BSI that's a different story they are to blame for everything .

There's no chance in hell Schlein will be back.

• Like 1

the problem the way I see it is Trees sees no wrong at the AFA everything in the garden is rosy but when you mention BSI that's a different story they are to blame for everything .

You don't know me very well

well BSI had to bail Belle Vue out of the crap before the SWC could go ahead there, I'm guessing Belle Vue weren't very good at working within their budgets .....

More to BV's probs than riders' wages though surely ....

I'd say BV riders wages were PART of the problem, seeing as there is so much owed to them!

You don't know me very well

well all I no is everything BSI YOU are anti you over the years you moan about them and continue to do so - and regarding KL you see no wrong at the club so I'm a bit confused with your last comment .

I'd say BV riders wages were PART of the problem, seeing as there is so much owed to them!

If the truth be known, riders' wages are the biggest problem to all the teams and promotions......Our sport is so short of supporters, meaning the input from gate receipts go nowhere near enough to cover expenses, the difference has to be balanced by sponsorship deals..

One day, the riders will realise this sport is not a bottomless pit. .. but probably, by then it will be too late...

• Like 3

In fairness to Buster he has a mammoth job on his hands keeping top level Speedway (the highest level in The UK) afloat. If Leicester and Belle Vue don't come to the table will Sky even bother ? Buster has the job ( of his own choice) at the toughest time Speedway has known in this Country, for a variety of reasons. With all Buster's other interests, as in Bangers and Stocks, Property, Hiring out The AFA for other uses, would anyone really blame him if he pulled the plug on The Speedway at Lynn ? The guy has a true love and feel for the Sport and his prepared to give his time and 100% effort to see it continue.

Rob and Dale have the Job of putting together a 1-7, Im sure Buster has given them a budget to work within and both are capable of putting together a competitive side.

I for one, wont be sorry to see the Likes of NKI disappear as The UK has been at the bottom of a lot of the GP boys agenda, and who can blame them. In Speedway you now have a massive divide between the haves and the have not's. The Top boys have GP's Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Europeans, World Team Cup other open meetings, plus the UK, if the wish.... The rest have to scrap along with out enough meetings unless they can get a double up role. You only have to look at Craig Cook last season.

Its a right old mess to try and sort, and Buster is giving it a go. he might well fail, but it wont be for the want of trying.

Edited by semion
  • Like 6