British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I had heard from a very good source that King was potentially an option for Lynn this season. Perhaps the numbers just don't fit? Also believe Bjerre had been in discussions.

Expect Lambert, Porsing and Batchelor will be included. Potential for an out and out No1. Won't be Iversen,(gutted) possibly Holder or Kasprzak?

King could well be an option in the future and until then could be seen as an investment with loan fees being paid by Coventry and probably Ipswich, presumably he was purchased at an attractive price.

Would have liked to see King involved as it could potentially have meant strong reserves but a big number one and one decent reserve has its merits too.

How about

Holder

Lambert

Batch

Porsing

Rose or Kerr

Huckenbeck

A N Other

• Like 1

Holder 12.53

Rose 5.86

Batchelor 7.36

Porsing 6.58

Lambert 8.76

Huckenbeck 5.13

Ayres 3.70

Good team, can see Holder now riding for you. He would like the King's Lynn Track.

Helping the Coventry cash flow possibly!!?

He wasn't a Coventry asset.

Holder 12.53

Rose 5.86

Batchelor 7.36

Porsing 6.58

Lambert 8.76

Huckenbeck 5.13

Ayres 3.70

Isn't Porsing on his EL conversion of 6.99 due to only 3 home matches in the PL?

On a slightly different note would a change to first race at 7-30 help to attract more fans along to each meeting ? I'm thinking school children and fans who start work early the next day -some of the meeting have dragged on some weeks 10pm Finnish some weeks I feel a 7-30 start may help to get more fans attending .

On the contrary, judging by my experience of attending Kings Lynn meetings, I'd start at 8pm to avoid those damn sun breaks and then get on with it. :lol: What's the point of having a 7.30pm start and then having to delay the match for ages while the sun goes down? The last meeting I attended was the Coventry one in 2015 and racing didn't even start until ten past eight so we were hanging around for 40 minutes. Yes, the sun was shining but there was a bitterly cold wind so it wasn't very pleasant waiting.

Perhaps Buster has some ideas in the background that needed funding by the BSPA.

Buying King puts some funds in the central coffers (Dannys registration had reverted following the Birmingham demise) to fund his ideas but to also have something tangible for his input.

Only a theory and possibly way off the mark but you never know.....

Whoever started the King to Lynn story certainly got some mileage out of that one lol

Hopefully the next rumour - i.e Holder, has more truth in it :t:

• Like 1

Whoever started the King to Lynn story certainly got some mileage out of that one lol

Hopefully the next rumour - i.e Holder, has more truth in it :t:

I may have mentioned he was a Lynn asset,but at no point did i say he was coming to Lynn.It's amazing how some things get twisted and distorted on the BSF :D

• Like 1

I may have mentioned he was a Lynn asset,but at no point did i say he was coming to Lynn.It's amazing how some things get twisted and distorted on the BSF :D

maybe not yourself tellboy but there are now a few with the lights flashing and the tannoy blaring 'vehicle reversing' 🚛🚛🔙🔙
  • Like 2

Hopefully we will have KK at no 1 instead of holder as KK Ava rage must be a couple of points lower ?

Hopefully we will have KK at no 1 instead of holder as KK Ava rage must be a couple of points lower ?

Kk would be the better option unless away fixtures at Leicester and rye house can avoid sgp weekends