British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Speedway should be entertaining, riders should be motivated both on and off the track. Sad thing is that speedway has become to cylincal, to many times we see a rider make a good start only to have the race stopped, it just might be the lower order rider makes a great start, we can't have that might see a race on our hands. I could go on,but must finish lunch.

As Dale said in the PR last night, he appreciates the club have been slow to react in the past so let's see what he/they have in mind....

So long as that is not left to be explained in the 2018 season preview.

Dale said at the P that the BSPA are having a meeting on Monday to sort out averages. He said the current rules were what messed us up in getting stronger guests last night as Championship averages had to be used..

Yes but a meeting on Monday will be almost at mid season point. Did no one think of this likely dilemma 6 months ago?

Yes but a meeting on Monday will be almost at mid season point. Did no one think of this likely dilemma 6 months ago?

From my experience and knowledge of the association and the people in charge of it, I can confidently guess the answer is 'no'.

Analytics, calculations and research are what is required when making such fundamental changes within any sport or business. However I would guess these changes were brought in after one person had an idea and put it as discussion point on the AGM agenda, then after twenty minutes (at a push) of discussion they all voted and was told if it passed the rest of the rules would be sorted out later.

What no one realised was they would be sorted out 8 months later rather than before the season started 😉

• Like 2

8 Months JC ? You are being rather generous and hopeful with that timescale :D

As Dale said in the PR last night, he appreciates the club have been slow to react in the past so let's see what he/they have in mind....

blah blah blah heard it all before the only thing Dale Mr Motivator Allit wants to be quick doing is resigning

blah blah blah heard it all before the only thing Dale Mr Motivator Allit wants to be quick doing is resigning

It must pee you right off when we get a win

• Like 1

Ridiculous comment. No wonder so many people think you tow the club line in an official capacity with an attitude like that.

• Like 2

Not arguing about the management keeping fans up to date etc.

But Knight 1 from 4 rides.......Could expect 5-6 from 4 from Lambert.

Wilko 4 from 6 rides......In form Huckenbeck around 9 -10 from 6. Wolves reserves not on par with Lynn's 2 missing reserves,at Lynn.

If you take the lower 5 and 9 that's 14 points compared to 5.Thats a 18 point swing the Stars way.

So even on this very optimistic basis, that would have resulted in a draw, which I would have been happy with, leaving us as strong favourites for the tie.

Ridiculous comment. No wonder so many people think you tow the club line in an official capacity with an attitude like that.

They'll be wrong haha

• Like 1

So even on this very optimistic basis, that would have resulted in a draw, which I would have been happy with, leaving us as strong favourites for the tie.

On Wolves form I don't think anyone would beat them over 2 legs at the moment.Just my thoughts on what could of been if we had a full 1-7.The score looked bad,but could of been much closer with both reserves..Would still of got beat by a good margin at Monmore.

Edited by Bald Bloke

you are joking ? I want nothing more than to see the Stars win - you are like your opinions very very wide of the mark .

you are joking ? I want nothing more than to see the Stars win - you are like your opinions very very wide of the mark .

But when we win it's harder to diss Dale Allitt lol Or is he ok when we win?

But when we win it's harder to diss Dale Allitt lol Or is he ok when we win?

I want the club to be successful riders the promotion and team manager at the moment it's not working even you must agree with that ? the team manager as in any sport gets the criticism that simple I have my opinions you have yours both very different- but please don't ever doubt I want the club I've supported for 45 seasons to win and be successful. Edited by Haza

I want the club to be successful riders the promotion and team manager at the moment it's not working even you must agree with that ? the team manager as in any sport gets the criticism that simple I have my opinions you have yours both very different- but please don't ever doubt I want the club I've supported for 45 seasons to win and be successful.

Funnily enough so do I..... 40 yrs for me. At least we can agree on something!

If Porsing has broken his leg WE MUST go after Tungate but someone has already said he won't be coming which makes me think that he has already been signed for when the averages change, But can't understand him wanting to go to Swindon. who didn't want him at the start of the season.

We did want him and he was offered a deal at the end of last season with an established local mechanic in place but a combination of the weighted up averages and the fact Somerset basically got in while we waited , no problem with returning to Swindon but it's not as if he was an asset so hardly discarded like Sedgman