British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Barker will never be world champion but then you can't have 7 world champs in a team. He is however an entertainer, interacts with the fans and never knows when he's beaten. Quite simply I'd rather watch 7 riders like him than 7 gate and go "can't be arsed cos I've got a GP at the weekend" type of rider.

Then again I've never been conventional :P

Are you a massive Holder fan by any chance? :) :) :)

Well he was better than both Nicholls and Harris - both ex-SGP riders - so clearly not as far down as those two "reliable" Brits #justsaying

two more rider well past there best and on the way down .

Not knowing the full story, but from the pictures on the television I was of the impression, Barker and Co were trying to pull a fast one (cheat) by using a Chris Harris tyre for the final. This would have been illegal. Surely, rather then give Barker time to change the tyre back, the Ref should have disqualified him......

• Like 2

Are you a massive Holder fan by any chance? :) :) :)

As it happens I am a fan, not massive admittedly. I didn't refer to any rider by name because TBH many of them (and they are not all in the GPs) are guilty of it at times.

After our Belle Vue performance It really does highlight our inadequacies. I thought as a team, we would be better by now and the riders would performing at a level we all expected from them, but unfortunately that is not the case. As we have seen recently we don't cut the mustard when against the top teams. Here is my opinion of the season so far, and how our team has been performing..

Chris Holder: I was well chuffed when it was announced he would be replacing Niels this season. Thinking along the lines he was one of the few who was capable of replacing our star turn.. But things haven't turned out that way. I have great respect for Holder, who has been up against it from the start. He really tries and battles hard, but the results haven't been as he would hoped. He has had his personal problems, plus the settling in issues and his machinery not as it was, it all adds more pressure on Chris to fulfil his obligation. He is far from the dominant No 1 we had hoped for . Things can only get better... B-

Robert Lambert: I remember seeing him score 21 pt max riding for the Young Stars at 15 years of age, and thought what a talent. I was blown away by someone so young and thoughts were of

another Michael Lee for sure. Now 3 yrs down the road he hasn't made the heights I imagined. Yes I know he has figured in some amazing tussles and has a large fan base. But to me its all about scoring points. He doesn't do enough when against better opposition. He has only won 1 of his last 9 races at home, and that's not good enough. I would much rather see a rider scoring 12pts from the gate than 6pts from the back. Robert has it all, except that gating ability. Unless he can master that, he will never reach the level everyone want him to.. Time to step up. B-

Troy Batchelor: As expected a far better season than last. His form is something like we once knew. An accomplished gater who in front goes very quick, Sometimes struggle to pass when behind. Always manages to have one bad ride per meeting. As the season progresses so does his form.. B+

Lewis Rose: I thought he would do well to continue with his present form in a league where second strings are becoming stronger. A decent gater and good team man, Lewis has scored some important points. Not blessed with the skills of others, he make up for that with grit and determination...Doing OK. B

Nick Porsing: I expected far more than Nick has delivered. Has so much potential but usually it doesn't show. If he could step up and do what we all know he's capable of, there would be no talk of replacing him... Disappointing so far.. C.

Tai Huckenbeck: He more than anybody has been a godsend. has exceeded far more than anyone expected and has been our saviour many times. Without doubt top rider so far... A+

Dale Allitt: I find it difficult to understand how anyone can make financial decision without having control of the purse strings, therefore Dale must have a difficult jobs sourcing new riders . Whether he's the right man for the job has still to be seen. B

Hope this assessment has not offended anyone and is of my opinion only.... :drink:

How about Buster and his track GWR ? How about giving him a big pointy hat with a D on it ? :D

• Like 1

How about Buster and his track GWR ? How about giving him a big pointy hat with a D on it ? :D

Many of the fans need signs they can hold up after a few laps telling him that is enough.

Many of the fans need signs they can hold up after a few laps telling him that is enough.

As In Forest Gump when he was playing American football, you mean ? lol

So with the team changes this morning looks like were left with all the rubbish again. Ive had enough of this season already.

Perhaps you and others like your Speedway with the "Blue grove " after just a few races or trying to follow it through a dust storm (a La Swindon) i don't.

My ratings for the season.

Holder C

Rose C+

Porsing D

Batchelor B+

Lambert C+

Huckenbeck A

Bailey D

Allit - C-

Track - E

• Like 1

Really pissed off of to read Newman has gone to Leicester. Do Kings Lynn even try to sign anyone? All we here from the club management is that there's no one available. Funny how other clubs seem to find riders. It seems the club have no ambition and don't care if the team wins or not.

Really pissed off of to read Newman has gone to Leicester. Do Kings Lynn even try to sign anyone? All we here from the club management is that there's no one available. Funny how other clubs seem to find riders. It seems the club have no ambition and don't care if the team wins or not.

You ought to be a Leicester fan! They've a fantastic fan base, but are a perennial under achieving team and that's despite umpteen rider changes. Many say it hasn't been the same since the move up to the "Top" Tier.

Who would you have put Newman in for?
  • Like 1

My ratings - Holder C- , Rose C+ , Porsing D, Batchelor B, Lambert B+, Huckenbeck B, Bailey D

Allit C- , Lyon C-

The Track Curator E

Without Lambert who is the only one who has done much at all from the back. the Stars would have lost even more fans. Others either have been unable to pass due to the track or their ability. They have rarely looked like seriously threatening the opposition in front of them ( in the way that Bjerre - to my amazement - did inside and out of Lambert last night ). Losing at home is not the problem for me but the manner of the defeat is!

That is what it seems to me too! Are we even in the queue for the riders that are available and whose averages might fit? Let's have something more than platitudes on the Stars website.