British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

So one more rain off away then :(So one more rain off away then :)

Or more accurately a "NO RAIN rain off"!!!!.... I've heard of it raining cats and dogs but chickens is a new one on me and today's farce must involve at least ONE of them I.M.O.

KL speedway is utterly ridiculous at the moment, sadly :(

Sadly, you are spot on with this post. However I suspect Jonathan has his own life and business to lead, and seeing the sorry state the whole sport is in, he is probably happy to keep well out of it. There is nothing better I would like to see than JC back at the helm, we might at least get some communication and honesty back in to the club, but unfortunately I can't see it happening.

Not for Buster, but certainly for the memory of my great grandfather, Morris Littlechild, and the stars fans I would actually be prepared to roll my sleeves up and work on a completely professional basis alongside Buster to get the club back on track.

I have a couple of days a week I can afford to gift to the club for the next month at least.

However getting Buster to accept any help, especially from me, may be more of a challenge....

• Like 6

You know ashtree123 some people like to make their story overdramatic.Like some of the posts you have quoted.Why people do it i don't know,it happens though.Nice to hear your view on it,obviously pretty close to what goes on to.

I think maybe the ref could have came down earlier about the track to,as apparently it wasn't just 1 or 2 complaining about it.

I am just an avid Lynn supporter, and usually stand on bend 1, but walk up to the pit fence and talk to riders etc, I totally agree the ref should of came down sooner, that's why Lambert an Huckenbeck stood there ground, to which work had to be carried out on the track......what I heard as well was that the majority of the Poole riders weren't happy with the track, so is wasn't just the Lynn riders

I am aware you are Robert's right hand man, but it is you who needs to get their facts right. The incident I was referring to was a smallish man about 40.ish Telling Lambert to get on with it . I wasn't interested in the personal verbals that followed, but it was Robert who was blocked at the pit gate when he wanted to confront this 'No-body'. Two stewards stationed on the pit gate will vouch this..,

My opinion, was that Robert should be more professional in his attitude, in not letting these comments get to him... If he takes on board every comment and insult thrown at him he'll finish up in a nut house..... I appreciate he is young and at an impressionable age, but this situation should have been addressed by now.

Total an utter garbage, Robert was walking towards the track when the fat know it all hurled abuse at him, and Robert offered to give the bloke his admission fee to shut him up, there was no attempt what so ever of Robert going anywhere near him.....I regularly talk to the security guys if you like I will speak to them next week so its you who needs to get there facts right

I guess he's happy for us to speculate and arrive at our own conclusions in the meantime. I wouldn't let the other side and the fan base have their say unchallenged if I was him.

Step 1 Robert, don't piss off the paying fans. (pardon my language)

its the other riders you want to be saying that to, Robert has been more informative with answering questions on twitter with what happened and about the state of the track, what other riders have done that!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The fans have a role to play here.

Thursday was an accumulation of negativity that started long before. Poor racing. Number 1 who struggled. For the first few meetings there was optimism

Maybe we are due a new page. Let by gones be by gones . Don't expect the world!!! we are a small town and should be pretty proud to have something that puts us on the map. A bit of a freshen up is needed. Maybe a rider or 2. Or maybe a top rider holding his hands up and clearing the air for the purpose of pr . If we can get a couple of tryers in then maybe we can have a team we can relate to again.

In my opinion though. If you give up on your team then don't post as if you are one of the hard core. Don't post s if you have passion. Because a supporter supports his team regardless. Despite who plays/rides. Despite who runs it. Despite what the fair weather fan says. Yeah moan and grumble but don't turn your back. If you don't turn up for the wolves meeting then where is your passion. Give yourself a 28 day ban.

Let's move on . We can push on from a rubbish night. It was a shocker but we beat Poole at Poole and have been good everywhere. Don't bitch and moan about riders then threaten to withdraw yourself.

Premadona support

I'm off this forum I recon. I'll talk to the true support on the terraces

• Like 4

The fans have a role to play here.

Thursday was an accumulation of negativity that started long before. Poor racing. Number 1 who struggled. For the first few meetings there was optimism

Maybe we are due a new page. Let by gones be by gones . Don't expect the world!!! we are a small town and should be pretty proud to have something that puts us on the map. A bit of a freshen up is needed. Maybe a rider or 2. Or maybe a top rider holding his hands up and clearing the air for the purpose of pr . If we can get a couple of tryers in then maybe we can have a team we can relate to again.

In my opinion though. If you give up on your team then don't post as if you are one of the hard core. Don't post s if you have passion. Because a supporter supports his team regardless. Despite who plays/rides. Despite who runs it. Despite what the fair weather fan says. Yeah moan and grumble but don't turn your back. If you don't turn up for the wolves meeting then where is your passion. Give yourself a 28 day ban.

Let's move on . We can push on from a rubbish night. It was a shocker but we beat Poole at Poole and have been good everywhere. Don't bitch and moan about riders then threaten to withdraw yourself.

Premadona support

I'm off this forum I recon. I'll talk to the true support on the terraces

You make some good points to be fair but where do you draw the line?

Last week's farce and today's pathetic excuse for postponing a meeting when there hasn't been a drop of rain since about 5am this morning, just shows that the management/owners of the club are taking the loyal fans for a ride and treating them with disdain.

You CAN bury your head in the sand and ignore their actions and that's fine, fair play to you, but I think a lot of people have had enough of being treated like fools and aren't just going to ignore it.

• Like 1

The proposed team with King and Worrall in was not that bad even with Huckenbeck needing rr. It may have been as strong as previously, so I don't accept that it was about fielding a weak team. I think JC has suggested some other deeper problems that are more likely to be at the root of the problem.

And for those urging fans to be true to their club - would you go on eating at a restaurant where the top chef has been replaced with a two Str MacDonald's trainee? We have been cheated over the past two years and treated as being worthless to Buster. Loyalty and respect goes two ways. I expect that if there was a new promotion, fans would give them a try but not this repeated very poor VFM sporting entertainment. Will we never be hearing from Rob Lyon re his position at KLS?

• Like 2

Not for Buster, but certainly for the memory of my great grandfather, Morris Littlechild, and the stars fans I would actually be prepared to roll my sleeves up and work on a completely professional basis alongside Buster to get the club back on track.

I have a couple of days a week I can afford to gift to the club for the next month at least.

However getting Buster to accept any help, especially from me, may be more of a challenge....

JC we need you asap and I hope Buster would accept your help I really feel the clubs future is at stake here and none of us want KL to close for speedway. We definitely need your help .

I've never seen so much rain as what fell in a short space last night. The base would be soaked. Our drains at work couldn't cope. And with a few riders missing I'm glad it's off tonight. It's not treating us with disdain.

I hate how sports fans feel they are owed .

The word entertainment for example. Sport is sport. It's about winning. The battle to win is the entertainment. And the wanting to witness your team to do so is why you should turn up.

If you want sports entertainment there are some really good wrestling shows in the Norfolk area. Otherwise there is theatre or the good old cinema.

It's not burying my head in the sand. It's a poor situation and a couple of people should hang their head in shame. But it's not doom and gloom. We are in with a shout

I don't support a restaurant I support a sports team. Sport is unscripted. Means it sometimes doesn't work out

• Like 2

The proposed team with King and Worrall in was not that bad even with Huckenbeck needing rr. It may have been as strong as previously, so I don't accept that it was about fielding a weak team. I think JC has suggested some other deeper problems that are more likely to be at the root of the problem.

And for those urging fans to be true to their club - would you go on eating at a restaurant where the top chef has been replaced with a two Str MacDonald's trainee? We have been cheated over the past two years and treated as being worthless to Buster. Loyalty and respect goes two ways. I expect that if there was a new promotion, fans would give them a try but not this repeated very poor VFM sporting entertainment. Will we never be hearing from Rob Lyon re his position at KLS?

Seems to me JC just likes to stick the knife in to me.Seems to think the SCB should investigate this and that.He must remember he wasn't liked by everyone,and thats not just the fans.He was quite arrogant when he was Lynn and wanted everyone to look at him.He wanted to be noticed,and he certainly did that.Not everything ran smoothly when he was there.But things were forgotten because were a top team at the time.There got that off my chest.

• Like 1

Seems to me JC just likes to stick the knife in to me.Seems to think the SCB should investigate this and that.He must remember he wasn't liked by everyone,and thats not just the fans.He was quite arrogant when he was Lynn and wanted everyone to look at him.He wanted to be noticed,and he certainly did that.Not everything ran smoothly when he was there.But things were forgotten because were a top team at the time.There got that off my chest.

Entitled to your opinion and respect that. Was proud of the what we achieved as a club whislt I was there and what I have achieved since I left.

I can assure you that the knife is not out, and those that know me rather than know of me will know I have the club at heart because it existed in my family long before Buster took it over.

• Like 1

Sad to say but I can't ever see your dad admitting defeat and asking you back, but we can all hope and prey as you are probably the only person who he use to listen to. Let's hope he sees sense and picks up the phone and gives you a call. It's also nice to see that you want to help sort out the mess the club is in. 👍

• Like 2

Live a few miles from the track. We had one storm in the night (about 4.30am) and a decent amount of rain. Since then its been dry, quite sunny at times, humid and windy which has dried up what rain fell, really quickly. Local forecast is for a (54%) possibility of a thunderstorm around 5 - 6 ish with about 0.15 inches of rain and then a lovely pleasant evening.

The call off is an utter farce and clearly because Lynn have no team for tonight. Once again Chapman is taking the mickey out of Lynn's fans and speedway in general. Lynn supporters need to have a long look at themselves and think hard about how they are being treated, before the next scheduled (depending on which way the wind is blowing that day!) meeting at Lynn.

The long look? Already done that and the look didn't need to be particularly long! I packed this nonsense in ages ago and really can't understand why anyone is still prepared to put us with this trash. :mad:

• Like 2

I don't agree there tellboy everyone I know wants him back, he was the one yelling at his dad to get off the track and getting the meetings to flow unlike now, there was always promoting going on. I remember seeing models in cat suits with a back pack speaker on there back walking around Hunstanton giving out flyers ! We are lucky if we know if we have a match nowadays!! He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he knew how to promote and run a show. Matt Ford is not very popular but he knows how to run a successful business. Sooner he comes back to save the club the better

• Like 2

I've never seen so much rain as what fell in a short space last night. The base would be soaked. Our drains at work couldn't cope. And with a few riders missing I'm glad it's off tonight. It's not treating us with disdain.

I hate how sports fans feel they are owed .

The word entertainment for example. Sport is sport. It's about winning. The battle to win is the entertainment. And the wanting to witness your team to do so is why you should turn up.

If you want sports entertainment there are some really good wrestling shows in the Norfolk area. Otherwise there is theatre or the good old cinema.

It's not burying my head in the sand. It's a poor situation and a couple of people should hang their head in shame. But it's not doom and gloom. We are in with a shout

I don't support a restaurant I support a sports team. Sport is unscripted. Means it sometimes doesn't work out

So you was up and at work between 4 ish and 5 am this morning then was you to witness this biblical amount of rain fall and drains not being able to cope?! That was the only time it has really rained in the past few days. Stop making excuses for the farcical call off today, we all know the real reason and like I said, if you're happy to be treated like this then thats fair play to you but don't expect everyone else to be happy to be "trod upon"

Oh by the way, EVERY other speedway meeting in the UK today somehow managed to beat the Noahs Ark type floods and get their meetings on...amazing eh?!

• Like 1

Was nice to see Chris at Poole tonight