British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

id add Batch as well on his average he can only get better

I said those three as they are our assets (well two are for sure, one TBC). Batch isn't so guess his parent club will have first choice though we all know riders can force there way out if they really want to.

Kerr & Rose obviously come into the mix as well.

King 9.57 Rose 5.8 R Lambert 8.76 Porsing 6.58 Bjerre 8.22 Huckenbeck 5.04 S lambert 5.25

I think KL should be able to put out a very solid team this year. I assume Batch will beoff to Poole, if not you could add him to the above line up, probably doing something like Batch/Morris in for Porsing/S Lambert?

Just before the SGP in Cardiff - surprised its only been confirmed now as was being talked about openly at the time

Not against your team - except L.Bjerre and Hansen think we could do better. Plus 3 Danes - are we Wednesday track or Thursday. Problem Danes Wednesdays- King Ipswich on a Thursday. Are we going to be dictated to re our race night by the no.1. We know what happened this year. Personally I'd go for - if I could : MJJ-Porsing-King-Kerr-Rose possibly Batch if some one kicked him up the arse and then one other 6.5pointer. You wonder where's Lambert - Poole. He's greedy only interested in money. And Ford is going to make an offer he can't refuse.

You say Robert is greedy!!!!!!!! with the money buster pay!!!!! maybe he enjoys being at Kings Lynn because I bet you all the money in the world he had loads of offers to go else where

You say Robert is greedy!!!!!!!! with the money buster pay!!!!! maybe he enjoys being at Kings Lynn because I bet you all the money in the world he had loads of offers to go else where

Hope he does enjoy being at Lynn. I know if he wasn't, my visits would have been much less over the past two seasons.

Just love watching him ride and hope he's a Star for many more seasons yet.

• Like 1

Hope he does enjoy being at Lynn. I know if he wasn't, my visits would have been much less over the past two seasons.

Just love watching him ride and hope he's a Star for many more seasons yet.

Hear hear!

So everyone posting a team has taken it as a given that NKI doesn't want to race here next season and/or doesn't want him in the team?

Hear hear!

So everyone posting a team has taken it as a given that NKI doesn't want to race here next season and/or doesn't want him in the team?

I'd say assumption is he will race Poland sweet Denmark therefore cannot race uk.

Also kl seem to have a range of options to set up a very solid team without him. Key surely is retaining lambert who is a bargain on an 8.5.

I think it's highly unlikely he'd be willing/able to do ALL fixtures and with such a high average I think there are better options out there.

What average will Rory have under this new system ? Worth a punt in a glorified Prem League.?

How about Kenneth Hansen ? Lives locally

I think it's highly unlikely he'd be willing/able to do ALL fixtures and with such a high average I think there are better options out there.

So much for 6 years pretty good service for the Stars then!

What average will Rory have under this new system ? Worth a punt in a glorified Prem League.?

7.16 by my calculations.Unsure on whether he could maintain that average.

It's just a glorified premier league side, Somerset or Glasgow would run any of those sides close.

It's just a glorified premier league side, Somerset or Glasgow would run any of those sides close.

From their teams last season yes.But they too wont be able to get their exact 1-7 from 2016 into their sides for 2017.So they to will be weaker for 2017.

So much for 6 years pretty good service for the Stars then!

They had to bend his arm behind his back last year to get him to ride! If you want to win things you have to build a team based on all round strength and availability, no good naming Puk and then have him missing half a dozen fixtures. Years of service isn't really relevant if he isn't going to be there half the time.

For me Rose, Porsing, Lambert and Huckenbeck should be automatic choices. Strong rumours about King and depending on various things Kerr, Batchelor, Schlein and Bjerre may come into the reckoning. And if number sevens are going to be of the standard of PL (Championship) number sevens then I'd have no qualms with giving Josh Bailey a chance.

They had to bend his arm behind his back last year to get him to ride! If you want to win things you have to build a team based on all round strength and availability, no good naming Puk and then have him missing half a dozen fixtures. Years of service isn't really relevant if he isn't going to be there half the time.

For me Rose, Porsing, Lambert and Huckenbeck should be automatic choices. Strong rumours about King and depending on various things Kerr, Batchelor, Schlein and Bjerre may come into the reckoning. And if number sevens are going to be of the standard of PL (Championship) number sevens then I'd have no qualms with giving Josh Bailey a chance.

you got no chance on getting Schlien ride for the club again .