British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Some very over the top stuff on here as expected really. Sometimes it helps to take a step back and look at things as a whole, yes Wednesday was dire but if we'd had our reserves and Lambert & Rose had scored around what they normally do it would have been a different meeting. Wolves are the best team around and we got punished. Last night was the fifth league win on the trot, we are second and changes are imminent. Calling for Dale's head or threatening to stop attending taking all that into account is a little extreme and pretty daft.

Helps to take a deep breath and chill a bit before posting, things come out a lot more balanced.

• Like 7

Some very over the top stuff on here as expected really. Sometimes it helps to take a step back and look at things as a whole, yes Wednesday was dire but if we'd had our reserves and Lambert & Rose had scored around what they normally do it would have been a different meeting. Wolves are the best team around and we got punished. Last night was the fifth league win on the trot, we are second and changes are imminent. Calling for Dale's head or threatening to stop attending taking all that into account is a little extreme and pretty daft.

Helps to take a deep breath and chill a bit before posting, things come out a lot more balanced.

I have said from the time Dale was appointed that he was not the right man for the job. I have said from the beginning I would of offered the role to Olly Allen as I think he would be perfect for the job 👍

• Like 1

Which is fine but when people whinge about wanting him out every time we lose its a bit daft, especially considering our league position. I'm all for passionate support but not headless chicken posting.

Which is fine but when people whinge about wanting him out every time we lose its a bit daft, especially considering our league position. I'm all for passionate support but not headless chicken posting.

It's not headless chicken posting though.

We were promised a different approach to the previously frustrating 2-3 seasons.

They promised poor performers would not be tolerated.

I was really excited for this season, so much so I'd purchased my first ever season ticket.

I feel what we're getting this season is worse than previous seasons.

At home we've scrapped results against Leicester and Rye House, dominated by good sides in Belle Vue and Wolverhampton.

5 riders are doing their jobs but 2 hadn't from the word go but yet again we did nothing to change it.

The reserve was changed because the rider wanted out.

Porsing will only be changed because he's injured.

Again, as a club we're reactive rather than proactive and it's made me more frustrated than ever.

• Like 1

But the averages haven't changed for anybody yet, and I don't think we will be making any alterations until they do. And we are second.

I think also there is a fine balance between changing a rider early on because they aren't performing and giving them time to get going. I'm sure having put the team together the promotion wanted to show a bit of faith. In addition some of the potential replacements have been laughable while others have ranted without even suggesting anybody. Changes for changes sake does nobody any good.

The one thing I do agree on us the lack of information about meetings, only putting previews on the website the day before is pretty poor, should be first thing Monday morning.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

After all these years, one get fed-up being the bridesmaid every time... Every year when the teams are announced us fans have high hopes, that this could be that. year. 2017 is no different . The signing of Holder showed the promotions were serious. We wanted this to be that year.... I voiced my opinion, believing that Dale Allitt was the wrong man to lead us. Thinking along the lines of inspiration I have yet to be convinced he is that man... I spoke my piece and that was that, I haven't mentioned it again, although I am yet to see anything to change my mind..

This season was a new beginning for the sport. The format has changed, the emphasis is more on teams rather than individuals. Never has the time been better to grasp that initiative. But we are falling into the same old trap of not being proactive and excepting our mis-fortunes when these accidents happen...

Nobody will convince me it was right to run the meeting last Wednesday night. Our team was depleted through injury and the strength of R/R was null nevoid because Huckenbeck was missing as well. The result was determined before the day and the match only served the purpose of ripping off the fans... It would have better for all concerned to have gave them the tie, instead of running a meeting that would give them added confidence when we meet again in the league.

Wolves aren't at the top of the league by chance, they recognised their weaknesses early on sign replacements in Rory Schlein and Mark Riss and since have gone from strength to strength. We could have done the same, Imagine our team now had we changed Rory instead of Porsing. But that is not the way Lynn works....

We need 2 new riders now. We cant wait to find out the state of those injured. We have big meetings coming up and need that strength of a full team. Guests and RR don't do anybody any favours only puts pressure on the other riders. What is a real shame is that we are a fraction off being that top team, Waiting will only jeopardise the good work that has been done already....

If I have offended anybody with my views,.... I apologise; If I am wrong to have an opinion, I will also apologise.

But if you believe I have to agree with what others then you'll be disappointed

• Like 2

People knew the team for Wednesday before they travelled, I nearly stayed at home but decided to go as I was texting updates and wanted to see the top team in action.

As for nearly being the top team, once you have finished fourth all that matters then is being strong in September for the Play Offs.

You cannot be wrong for having an opinion GRW123 - certainly not. Those in the wrong are the ones who cannot merely disagree ( and give their reasons why ) but have to become offensive and suggest that a poster is 'stupid" or even worse. I agree with all that you said.

There was so much dismay at the home performance on Weds where the Stars riders failed the challenge V Wolves. Yes a much better team of opponents to tackle but much less Oomph on track. Was that the track itself?

The important thing is to put on a good "fighting" show at home and when you lose it needs to look as if you were seriously having a real go. It is what you offer the supporters at home which determines the size of the crowd. Excellent away win but next Weds V BV and the style of victory ( or defeat ) will also be vital.

Agree it's a big meeting on Wednesday, we need Lambert and Rose back to their best.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Agree it's a big meeting on Wednesday, we need Lambert and Rose back to their best.

we won away last night but we are just as likely to lose by 15 on Wednesday at home until we make the two changes we will be very up and down this team isn't the finnished article YET and when it's is we will take some stopping - hopefully this year the promotion will make the changes that's needed asap
  • Like 1

We are arguably stronger with R/R, Huckenbeck will probably have seven rides on Wednesday and if he's on song we will win.

With the averages allegedly being sorted on Monday, what are the chances of having a replacement or two in place for Wednesday?

No chance is my guess!! But operating R/R for Porsing may well be beneficial if Huckenbeck keeps up his good form!

With the averages allegedly being sorted on Monday, what are the chances of having a replacement or two in place for Wednesday?

No chance is my guess!! But operating R/R for Porsing may well be beneficial if Huckenbeck keeps up his good form!

there is no chance of either replacements being in place simply because the meeting in Monday as you say - and our next meeting is Wednesday to make a change I think I'm right in saying it has to be 72 hours before the meeting so it will be a guest at 7 and r/r for Porsing

I am sure I read somewhere that although bthe meeting is Monday the new averages don't take effect until 7 days after.

I am sure I read somewhere that although bthe meeting is Monday the new averages don't take effect until 7 days after.

that could well be the case I don't no on that one but there definitely won't be new faces this coming Wednesday that's for sure . Edited by Haza