British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Perhaps rubbish was the wrong word. I should have written dreadfull instead.

:rolleyes:

Good signing and pleased Rose will have a spell at reserve, think he will clear up and score as many as Kai.

Lewis has become one of my favourite riders, reminds me of Kevin Doolan in the effort and work ethic department. It would not surprise me if within a year or two had a higher average than Robert Lambert.

Some people may think that's some statement but I actually agree.

For Rose though, he seems to get tangled up with injuries every season.

Had he not suffered injuries the last couple of years he'd be an established 2nd string going on 3rd heatleader comfortably.

Lambert has got real issues with his gating ala Chris Harris, it's gonna really kill his progression if he doesn't get that sorted.

With regards to Lambert also, I think he has to get away from King's Lynn while the track conditions are as they are now and get on a "real" Premiership race track.

Somewhere like Somerset or Belle Vue.

At his level I agree. But didn't he moan about not getting opportunities at a higher level?

Gonna struggle with ambition and a good job!

Not sure what he said. But anyone who put speedway before a good career job when they are at his level would be insane.

Thats why a lot of these Danes poles etc wait until their exams/apprenticeships are over before they venture into foreign leagues.

• Like 1

Some people may think that's some statement but I actually agree.

For Rose though, he seems to get tangled up with injuries every season.

Had he not suffered injuries the last couple of years he'd be an established 2nd string going on 3rd heatleader comfortably.

Lambert has got real issues with his gating ala Chris Harris, it's gonna really kill his progression if he doesn't get that sorted.

With regards to Lambert also, I think he has to get away from King's Lynn while the track conditions are as they are now and get on a "real" Premiership race track.

Somewhere like Somerset or Belle Vue.

Lambert...Really

Lambert...Really

Take Lambert away from Lynn and the gate will be half. You'll be amazed of the number of people who go solely to watch Robert's races from the back.....

Of course Lambert is likely to move on but not so much to further his progression - it's the way of things in modern speedway. A better offer, especially if he relocates his own home. I for one will be heartbroken because for me, Lambert is the main reason I still go. His gating is going to limit him on the world stage ( perhaps as it has Harris ). Hopefully he is working on it? Even the woeful state of the track at the AFA - as a race track you can get something out of, if you can't gate consistently - doesn't limit him much as he can use his knowledge and experience of it to his advantage. That is a real bonus for him at home - as seen in the BV match when even many of the home fans didn't think he could do the 8 - 1 with Huckenbeck and the 5 -1 with Holder. Don't forget that although he is a prodigious talent he is still 19 ( albeit with several years of racing experience ). I Don't see enough on track aggression from the rest of the team at the moment. We don't hear the riders say much at all about the track conditions, are they currently satisfied with it? Is Buster still held in awe as a great track man?

Take Lambert away from Lynn and the gate will be half. You'll be amazed of the number of people who go solely to watch Robert's races from the back.....

Oh Yes! me for one.

Good signing and pleased Rose will have a spell at reserve, think he will clear up and score as many as Kai.

Lewis has become one of my favourite riders, reminds me of Kevin Doolan in the effort and work ethic department. It would not surprise me if within a year or two had a higher average than Robert Lambert.

Personally myself i can't see Rose doing that at all.I too like Rose but he is nowhere near the standard of Lambert,only in the gating department.What is it,about 4 years they have been riding together at Lynn now and the gap in the averages are not getting any closer so i can't see how he will do it over the next year or two.

• Like 1

Personally myself i can't see Rose doing that at all.I too like Rose but he is nowhere near the standard of Lambert,only in the gating department.What is it,about 4 years they have been riding together at Lynn now and the gap in the averages are not getting any closer so i can't see how he will do it over the next year or two.

Think you're a bit unfair. Rose, late starter, has done well. Had he stopped at Lynn he would have progressed far better than being pushed to pastures new. His luck with accident has been atrocious , but he is still fighting and progressing. A solid gater and a grafter who would be an asset to any team, You want to remember, they're no easy points in this league especially riding as a second string.,,,

Quick Note!!! If Lambert could gate as good as Rose, he would double his points overnight....

So, can this team be improved by re-declaring to 42.00 or like for like or is this the best available?

1. Troy Batchelor 7.93
2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.08
3. Kai Huckenbeck 6.17
4. Robert Lambert 7.46
5. Chris Holder 7.27
6. Lewis Rose 5.33
7. Danny Ayres 3.00

I'd say it's the best we can do, maybe Ty Proctor or Justin Sedgmen could add top league experience and bring some Aussie camaraderie

• Like 1

I reckon stick with that for the time being, see how TJ gets on after an encouraging debut and how well Lewis does at reserve. We need a run of home wins now, although I fancy us to get something at Belle Vue next week. Poole won't be easy next home match but if we gate properly we should win.

jchapman you've obviously got a far better insight than most of us with regard to Rose's work ethic and attitude etc, but for me he's not in the same league as Lambert when it comes to what he can do on a bike. The one and only area I believe Rose to be better is gating. I like Rose, and he's done very well at Lynn and shown good improvement but his point scoring depends very much on him getting to the first bend first!!

As much as I'd like to see Rose progress further i can't ever see him being heat leader quality! If and it's a big IF, Robert can improve and work on his gating I believe within a few years he'll be amongst the best riders in the world.

• Like 2

Think you're a bit unfair. Rose, late starter, has done well. Had he stopped at Lynn he would have progressed far better than being pushed to pastures new. His luck with accident has been atrocious , but he is still fighting and progressing. A solid gater and a grafter who would be an asset to any team, You want to remember, they're no easy points in this league especially riding as a second string.,,,

Quick Note!!! If Lambert could gate as good as Rose, he would double his points overnight....

Not being unfair at all,just saying it as it is.Rose is a good rider but not as good as Lambert.Lambert has done his scoring from HL position whilst Rose has been 2nd string/reserve and the averages are what they are.

Not being unfair at all,just saying it as it is.Rose is a good rider but not as good as Lambert.Lambert has done his scoring from HL position whilst Rose has been 2nd string/reserve and the averages are what they are.

Exactly, When I look at the two riders I would've thought their skill difference was more than the 2 pts it.it. Someone of Lambert;s standing. potential and experience, is somewhat disappointing at only 7.46. Whereas Rose at 5.33 is not bad. I expected the gap to be far bigger. Lambert should be kicking on to 9 at least.

Only 4 riders in the league are averaging 9, so to say lambert should be is a shade harsh. Realistically 8 would be a good achievement given he's riding a lot in heat 15. KLs issue has been form of holder and to a lesser extent porsing.

I agree, eight would be a decent return for Robert at 19 years old and considering his gating.