British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Batchelor was withdrawn from meeting after he took a tumble.

Hard to prove either way.A bit sus given the things that were going on.

Holder must go. Gutted to say that but tonight was disgraceful. The star rider has to set an example. His example was so unacceptable. On a track that was challenging with the quickest times of the season. An attackers track. He no showed us. He's Been a 7 point rider. Nothing better. Our great number 1. Gutted.

If the going gets tough just don't bother.

I thought when Buster took the chairmans job at the BSPA he would change speedway for the better. Well Kings Lynn speedway club is a bloody sight worse. Last night was a shambles. Where was Rob Lyon after Dale was taken ill? The big screen operator had to ake over the team managers job. After 50 years of supporting the Stars I have had enough.

I thought when Buster took the chairmans job at the BSPA he would change speedway for the better. Well Kings Lynn speedway club is a bloody sight worse. Last night was a shambles. Where was Rob Lyon after Dale was taken ill? The big screen operator had to ake over the team managers job. After 50 years of supporting the Stars I have had enough.

How will things ever change within the sport - with the Chairman of the BSPA being part of the disgusting disrespect to supporters offered up at the match V Poole. The BSPA are never going to haul these culprits ( KL riders and officials ) before any kind of "hearing" are they?. The BSPA "police" themselves.

Things will never change at KL either while Buster is in control ( regardless of whose name is listed as "promoter/s" ) Why is Rob Lyon listed as one of them and is increasingly invisible?

After 50 years of supporting the Stars I too have had enough. In fact I urge all fans to boycott the next match V Rye House and hit Buster where it might make him notice - in his wallet.

And I have never felt so horribly let down by speedway and some people in it.

GRW123 said" In all my time this was without doubt the greatest demolition, the sport has ever seen. If ever there a was occasion when the self destruct button was pressed, then it was last night. Having scored an impressive away victory the previous night, what could possibly happen to stop us gaining a double over our bitter rivals. Thinking before the start, how nice the place looked with the new shale, and that wonderful new electric scoreboard. With Rain in the air, I expected we will start on time, and the proceedings to flow."

And is certainly so in my experience too. - did no-one think about the results of their actions?

So much anticipation and eagerness to see how it would all unfold. But then it just collapsed onto itself. Self destruct indeed.

​Buster and Chris Holder seem to be the ones who started the supporters nightmare and should be called to account by the SCB -bringing the sport into disrepute - comes to mind. As they are such "respected figures within the sport" - who knows.

From being my current speedway hero over the last four years Robert Lambert, sadly seems to be growing down rather than growing up.

And yes - as GRW123 also said and with which I completely agree - we fans were treated terribly.

"Finally, tonight was probably the last meeting many will bother to go again. We fans were treated terribly, We didn't know anything, we were not told anything, and were expected to do as they thought fit. Such a shame because tonight could have been a wonderful time when we as a club get noticed...... We sure did that.....

The only ray of sunshine in all this the expected quick response from

Buster. He doesn't let the grass grow when there is an issue like last night or this one

last year.

BSPA Chairman Keith Chapman said: This is a massive setback to the sport in this country and it can have a negative impact on every other club throughout the UK.

It wasnt even a BSPA event, it was down to the Belle Vue promotion to ensure the meeting went ahead under the supervision of the SCB referee and failed.

It is the promoters responsibility and not the BSPA as an association to ensure a domestic fixture which is what this was goes ahead.

Its an embarrassment and the rest of the sport in this country could be hit by it. A thorough investigation has already started.

The SCB issued the track licence in accordance with the rulebook the fact that the track was unfit was down to Belle Vue as a club.

Said Chapman: Its such a sorry episode but we have to move on and hopefully lessons will be learnt.

From a BSPA and SCB perspective, we feel the need to offer our apologies to the many supporters who travelled to Manchester at great expense, but we must emphasise this was a Belle Vue Speedway event.

• Like 2

Read on Twitter that Robert only said to person on first bend "if you have anything say, say it to my face". No punches thrown.

Very sad for supporters not being kept in the loop. We deserved better last night.

Was it all about Holder wanting to leave and head back to Poole ?

Credit to Lewis, Kai, Tomas and Simon for giving it a go to no avail. Poole must have been laughing at KLS all the way home. Such a farce after KLS winning at Poole the night before.

Disappointed.

Edited by whippy

Nothing will happen, the Cartel will close ranks, will have been sorted out already, just got to produce a few nicely worded quotes to appease the mushrooms, sorry, I meant paying public.

• Like 3

Firstly I wish Dale a speedy recovery- and the only comment I'm going to make is had the track prep been top notch as it used to be none of what happened last night would have happened.

Buster has released a statement on the web site. It sounds like one ore more of your riders may be facing an open door

Not really much of an apology. More like apportioning blame onto the riders - which may or may not be the case.

He's basically saying: "Sorry, but it was riders' fault not mine".

• Like 1

First went to King's Lynn speedway in 1966. Moved away from the area in 1969 but still travelled 100+ miles each way for 'home' meeting. Between 1983 and 1997 went to very little speedway due to family and work commitments. Started going again regularly in 1998. Moved back to the area 16 years ago and for many years went to almost all meetings (home and away). Stopped travelling when Lynn moved to Elite League. Got disillusioned last year and did not go after July. Was optimistic that things might be better this year. Been to a few meetings this year but not happy with what we have seen. Last night was the final straw! King's Lynn speedway will get no more of my money this year. Will wait and see what happens in 2018, if British speedway still exists in its present form? Will get my fix of speedway elsewhere where I can watch proper racing and get better value for my money.

• Like 3