British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

If there to afraid and precious to come out and ride, and the rest come out and ride it perfectly then maybe they should consider knitting instead you wouldn't of heard of these sort of things back in the day.

• Like 3

Rob was there at the start there after no one knows maybe he done a runner

If Rob was there at the start it baffles me as to why he didn't take over from Dale, and communicate with the announcer (Gavin) what was happening and how long proceedings would be held up.

I am no longer part of the set up but still feel really annoyed at what a pigs ear was made of this situation. Whilst I have the up most respect for Rob, I think that to retain his credibility he needs to explain to the fans why he didn't do this and make clear what his role is at the club going forward.

• Like 2

If Rob was there at the start it baffles me as to why he didn't take over from Dale, and communicate with the announcer (Gavin) what was happening and how long proceedings would be held up.

I am no longer part of the set up but still feel really annoyed at what a pigs ear was made of this situation. Whilst I have the up most respect for Rob, I think that to retain his credibility he needs to explain to the fans why he didn't do this and make clear what his role is at the club going forward.

Good point JC.

From my high vantage point I noticed Rob in the pits early on talking in that small grandstand. Before heat 9 he was seen walking to the pit office, same time as the referee was making his way down to the pits. At this point Dale appeared OK . That was the last I saw of Rob, and when Dale collapsed and went to hospital, the Big screen operator was called from the timekeeper box as a substitute TM...

Where Rob went is a mystery...

So lambert and hukenburk get away Scott free, they also refused too come out in one race

It's easy to point fingers, but the truth is they refuse to race at a time when the track was deemed unfit to race. But after the remedy work was completed, they continued racing.... Don't have a problem with that. To me the referee was slow in taking action, sitting there in his warm box, he was reluctant to investigate the problems until Lambert and Huckenbeck refused to ride. So they penalised themselves and the team, to get the Ref 's attention...

Lambert & Huck' action was a million miles away from that of Holder and Batch....

• Like 2

Just a thought - did Mr Lyon go to hospital with Mr Allitt?

Gavin Caney (ex announcer) went with Dale and said on Twitter he went so Dale wouldn't be alone, so no doubtful that Lyon went to hospital

No, Gavin Caney accompanied Dale, he went along because he didn't want Dale to be on his own. No mention of Rob going ....

Such was Gavin 's dislike of how the evening went, he has resigned his post as the centre Mic\man...,

No he didn't Gavin Caney went as he didn't want Dale to go on his own and fare do's to Gavin he came back from the hospital and quit and he was doing a good job on the mic in my opinion

Fingers crossed Swindon get a stuffing at Leicester tonight otherwise Batchelor would of has a massive effect in knocking his own club out the top 4 in his last 3 meetings.

Sulk off Thursday

9 points at Belle Vue for Swindon

Tonight for Swindon????

I'll defend any rider who thinks a track is dangerous, I want to see good racing with riders having confidence to race 100% ....

Where all the riders refuse to ride because a track is dangerous defending them is pretty straight forward simply because it almost certainly is dangerous.

Defending one rider when all the others carry on riding is far more difficult because the implication is that it isn't dangerous at all and that rider simply doesn't like it. That was the case last week.

We all accept the risks the riders take, but as I have said before if they are continually pointing out the injuries they have suffered as a reason for not riding surfaces that are less than perfect there is a strong argument that they shouldn't be riding at all.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed Swindon get a stuffing at Leicester tonight otherwise Batchelor would of has a massive effect in knocking his own club out the top 4 in his last 3 meetings.

Sulk off Thursday

9 points at Belle Vue for Swindon

Tonight for Swindon????

Batch has a bad hand injury.Riding through the pain barrier....Kelvin said so :rofl:

He looks like it :nono:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Batch has a bad hand injury.Riding threw the pain barrier....Kelvin said so :rofl:

He looks like it :nono:

Can see it now, Batchelor withdrawn from Wednesday's meeting due to aggravating his hand injury

• Like 2

Can see it now, Batchelor withdrawn from Wednesday's meeting due to aggravating his hand injury

That would be a blessing 👍

Being posted on facebook by FIM grand prix that chris holder has been served with a

28 day bann for withholding his services.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1