British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I guess he has the rest of this year to put himself in the shop window for next year. Interesting how there always has to be somebody to pick holes in. Im not his biggest fan but if he can get it right then he will be a meeting winner for us

I guess he has the rest of this year to put himself in the shop window for next year. Interesting how there always has to be somebody to pick holes in. Im not his biggest fan but if he can get it right then he will be a meeting winner for us

There is nothing wrong with having a dream :wink:

I have always been a Porsing admirer thinking he could be a decent rider, but this year he seem to have gone backwards. He has one good meeting then 6 bad ones. Having looked at the recording a few times , Porsing worries me. He persistently messed up each gate, and was struggling from that point.. He appeared to have enough speed, but showed a reluctance to engage, as if he lacked confidence. He looks to have a few issues, be it the grippy track, or maybe its his machinery, probably lacking self-belief, coming back as he has, but something was not right... I've seen all his meetings at Lynn, and when he's on the ball, there is no finer sight round the AFA. Riding at Reserve should be a massive confidence boost for him where he should dominate races... But I need to see far more evidence than I did against the Rebels.

Porsing's form fluctuates more than any other rider I've seen. One minute, he's faster than most and the next he's the slowest. We don't expect him to be a 9pts heat leader, but we expect more than 2 third places he got against Somerset. A regular 6/7 point haul would be just perfect...... And he's more than capable of doing that......

• Like 3

With Poole being as poor as they era this year and the team the Stars started the season with , not since the year 2000 have we had a better chance to win the top flight speedway league. But we managed to bugger it up then and sadly we have done the same this year. Another season with no silverware.

I have always been a Porsing admirer thinking he could be a decent rider, but this year he seem to have gone backwards. He has one good meeting then 6 bad ones. Having looked at the recording a few times , Porsing worries me. He persistently messed up each gate, and was struggling from that point.. He appeared to have enough speed, but showed a reluctance to engage, as if he lacked confidence. He looks to have a few issues, be it the grippy track, or maybe its his machinery, probably lacking self-belief, coming back as he has, but something was not right... I've seen all his meetings at Lynn, and when he's on the ball, there is no finer sight round the AFA. Riding at Reserve should be a massive confidence boost for him where he should dominate races... But I need to see far more evidence than I did against the Rebels.

Porsing's form fluctuates more than any other rider I've seen. One minute, he's faster than most and the next he's the slowest. We don't expect him to be a 9pts heat leader, but we expect more than 2 third places he got against Somerset. A regular 6/7 point haul would be just perfect...... And he's more than capable of doing that......

Totally agree with your observations GRW. He falls in to the category of a frustrating rider to watch, we know its in there somewhere, but never know whether it will come out. As you said, on his day he can be a match winner, I wondered if the fact that Rob Lyon who was a great team manager and always seemed to bring out the best in some riders, had any bearing on his form, now Rob is not here?

New team settling in nicely and providing decent racing entertainment home and away without throwing wobblies. Long may it be a team like that for supporters to follow. Thanks Buster.

• Like 6

I'm no longer a regular Stars supporter but admit to waking this morning with a feeling of satisfaction after reading the complimentary comments from Belle Vue fans after last night. Seems the pride is back in the Stars team.

• Like 8

What a pity that Robert is not 100% then we might have been winning some of the last few matches. but you have to admire the boy who should be resting He has been keen to not let the team down A big thank you for that.

• Like 1

I'm no longer a regular Stars supporter but admit to waking this morning with a feeling of satisfaction after reading the complimentary comments from Belle Vue fans after last night. Seems the pride is back in the Stars team.

It was there before,

It was exceptionally well hidden if it was

You weren't looking ....

Just to put you in the picture. Nicklas rode terribly against Somerset. He looked ill, still suffering from concussion and numerous sleepless nights. If you noticed he wasn't in pits between races, but in changing room trying to get away from noise and throwing up. He didn't want to let Buster down so he rode, but shouldn't have in my opinion. He did Ok at Belle Vue paid 8 on what was a very slick track, made slippery by rain and sludge on the outside. He's still not sleeping well but will continue putting 100% effort in.

• Like 1

Just to put you in the picture. Nicklas rode terribly against Somerset. He looked ill, still suffering from concussion and numerous sleepless nights. If you noticed he wasn't in pits between races, but in changing room trying to get away from noise and throwing up. He didn't want to let Buster down so he rode, but shouldn't have in my opinion. He did Ok at Belle Vue paid 8 on what was a very slick track, made slippery by rain and sludge on the outside. He's still not sleeping well but will continue putting 100% effort in.

Appreciate the information. Hopefully his form will continue on from Belle Vue.....

• Like 1

Surely if he is still suffering from concussion he shouldn't be riding for his and everyone's sake / safety?

• Like 1

Seemed to ride in Poland the day before the lynn meeting though 🤔 but that was in Poland so he would be on it