British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Brilliant. Makes so much sense to be honest, 2 meetings with a program would be 39 pounds. 27.50 is very reasonable. May even invest in some cheesey chips!

This will be really interesting. I think we will have a narrow home win followed by a very close unpredictable 2nd meeting. I hope we have our gating gloves on. Lindgren thorsell masters and Schlien will be a good challenge for our top 4. On the flip side I think our reserves will own this.

Of late schlien has moaned quite a bit and not really done his self to many favours from a pr perspective in my view. I'd love for him to have a poor showing but fear he will be very much in the points.

People are moaning about the double header with both matches being against Wolves.To start with i wasn't to happy and thought maybe Wolves and another team would be better.But we only have Wolves,Poole and Rye to ride at home.So as i have just got in from work i thought i will take at look at the remaining fixtures for these teams.And having looked at these i now fully understand why Buster has had to do the double header just against Wolves.If those people care to look at the remaining fixtures you may understand.

So bring it on,two meetings for less than a price and a half :D.

If it's half as good as the meeting against Leicester then it will be money well spent.

• Like 1

With all the time Buster takes driving his tractor what time is this predicted to finish.

The double header v Wolves is going ahead next week with a 7.30 start should be a great night of speedway. Notice some people on Facebook are moaning about the possible £25 entrance fee they feel it should still be £17 for both meetings. Just proves you can't keep some people happy.

whoever wants to see the same team twice in one night ? and I don't fancy still being there at gone 11pm on a Wednesday night .

With all the time Buster takes driving his tractor what time is this predicted to finish.

11.15 pm

Thanks DWP for sharing that with us. I'm sure we all wish Nicklas a speedy recovery and hope there is nothing seriously wrong. I know he doesn't want to let anybody down but its obvious he should stop riding straight away and get himself well. Lets hope all goes well for him on friday.

Some time on Thursday! :cry:

• Like 1

Brilliant. Makes so much sense to be honest, 2 meetings with a program would be 39 pounds. 27.50 is very reasonable. May even invest in some cheesey chips!

This will be really interesting. I think we will have a narrow home win followed by a very close unpredictable 2nd meeting. I hope we have our gating gloves on. Lindgren thorsell masters and Schlien will be a good challenge for our top 4. On the flip side I think our reserves will own this.

Of late schlien has moaned quite a bit and not really done his self to many favours from a pr perspective in my view. I'd love for him to have a poor showing but fear he will be very much in the points.

With all Schlein's grovelling and backing of his Aussie pals of late, imagine how he's going to explain a good score on a track that is so bad. so hopefully he continue his barren run and blame it all on a badly prepared track.

These comments Schlein has made in support of Holder and Batch has left a real bad taste in my mouth. When Rory was badly injured, no club or individuals did more for him than Kings Lynn Stars . They gifted him a testimonial , they put on a pay night with the fans and the collections were never ending. What a pity he don't remember these important facts, rather than lower his persona to that of the other whinging Aussies...,

• Like 4

With all Schlein's grovelling and backing of his Aussie pals of late, imagine how he's going to explain a good score on a track that is so bad. so hopefully he continue his barren run and blame it all on a badly prepared track.

These comments Schlein has made in support of Holder and Batch has left a real bad taste in my mouth. When Rory was badly injured, no club or individuals did more for him than Kings Lynn Stars . They gifted him a testimonial , they put on a pay night with the fans and the collections were never ending. What a pity he don't remember these important facts, rather than lower his persona to that of the other whinging Aussies...,

on the night in question Rory as Kings Lynn captain and Jason Doyle of Swindon was 110% right no way could that meeting be run Buster was totally out of order how and what he said to Rory - in Rory we had a great captain and leader sadly that's been lost at the club - as for gifted a testimonial what a clueless statement Rory has been 100% loyal to British speedway and to my mind deserved one more than some I could mention.

One thing to be learnt over the last two season is it's Busters way or the highway even if in Rory case he was bang out of order and clearly wrong .

I remember a meeting v Leicester running along smoothly until the rain started in Heat nine 3 of the riders came to the tapes for Heat 10 to get a result it wouldn't have ideal but it would have had Leicester come back for a re-run. Who was it still sitting in the pits No other but another whinging Aussie Mr Doyle.

on the night in question Rory as Kings Lynn captain and Jason Doyle of Swindon was 110% right no way could that meeting be run Buster was totally out of order how and what he said to Rory - in Rory we had a great captain and leader sadly that's been lost at the club - as for gifted a testimonial what a clueless statement Rory has been 100% loyal to British speedway and to my mind deserved one more than some I could mention.

One thing to be learnt over the last two season is it's Busters way or the highway even if in Rory case he was bang out of order and clearly wrong .

There is no night in question. as you say.. I'm well aware of Buster's philosophy, and his argument with Rory, that he shared with all and sundry, But that doesn't excuse Schlein for his comments he has made. He cant use a impetuous argument with Buster as a be-all factor, for casting opinions about the club, after all the good things the people of Lynn speedway did for him. Fair enough, he may well have fallen out with Buster, but it was the supporters and fans who dug deep to help him in his time of need.

Now, if you think Schlein is justified for giving them comments, my opinion of you is that your as selfish as that self opinionated Aussie...

• Like 3

There is no night in question. as you say.. I'm well aware of Buster's philosophy, and his argument with Rory, that he shared with all and sundry, But that doesn't excuse Schlein for his comments he has made. He cant use a impetuous argument with Buster as a be-all factor, for casting opinions about the club, after all the good things the people of Lynn speedway did for him. Fair enough, he may well have fallen out with Buster, but it was the supporters and fans who dug deep to help him in his time of need.

Now, if you think Schlein is justified for giving them comments, my opinion of you is that your as selfish as that self opinionated Aussie...

I don't take anything Rory has said as an attack on the fans, we don't run the club, we support the club and the riders the management sign, it's our club, we help keep it running but the riders deal with the promotion.

well there definitely was and is a night in question regarding Rory and Buster fall out if you think that's not the case you are very delusional- as far as I'm aware they've not spoken since not a very professional way to run a speedway club or be chair of the BSPA . Rory may we'll be bitter towards that night when he was spoken to in a not very professional manner to so the least - I think most employees in that situation wouldn't be none to happy with there ex employer.

You can call Rory and Holder and Batch all you like but the promotion wasn't innocent in both occasions.

There is no way that with Buster's track record of how meetings are run and tracks prepared ( and with the puppet Clerk of the Course ) that these matches will finish before 11.30 pm. Three intervals to fit in! I will be voting with my feet and staying at home even though I do like the new look team. And all because of unnecessary call off's earlier.

well there definitely was and is a night in question regarding Rory and Buster fall out if you think that's not the case you are very delusional- as far as I'm aware they've not spoken since not a very professional way to run a speedway club or be chair of the BSPA . Rory may we'll be bitter towards that night when he was spoken to in a not very professional manner to so the least - I think most employees in that situation wouldn't be none to happy with there ex employer.

You can call Rory and Holder and Batch all you like but the promotion wasn't innocent in both occasions.

Firstly, I can assure you I'm not delusional in any way. I am well aware of Busters involvement in most of the arguments. Buster for one, is acutely aware that fans come through the gate, pay their money and expect to see speedway racing. The sport is not a charity and bills need to be paid . All issues, surrounding arguments with Buster, is normally related to the financial side of the business. If the promotions cant make the venture pay, then the club will close.... Argument with Riders like Schlein, Holder and Batch will always create conflict, them thinking only of themselves and all their arguments are centred around personal opinions, Never once do the fans come into their thoughts....

People like yourselves have short memories. It was Buster, who no doubt , footed the bills to bring each of these riders to Kings Lynn hoping their expertise would reap rewards for the club.,. I would imagine Buster has given them far more than they have given to the club. And yet you still think they did no wrong. I think it's time you woke up and see the real world. If British Speedway relied on the likes of the 3 mentioned above , our sport will be dead years ago....

• Like 4