British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

It seems to me that things started to go wrong for KL the moment Chapman took over the Chairmanship of the BSPA.He comes over as somebody with too much on his plate. In my opinion he should either stand down from his position at the BSPA or take a back seat a the AFA and leave the running of the Stars to other people.

Its a pity he can't sort out his issues with his son as this would surely help turn around the fortunes of the club.

At the moment he seems to be running the club into the ground, going from one crisis to another and alienating a lot of the fanbase in the process.

Its a shame because with the facilities and catchment area Kings Lynn Speedway should be a successful enterprise.

• Like 1

But of course it is well known that the stock car operation is money spinner for Buster. Why worry if the speedway supports falls away because he can still use the excellent venue as an income stream. Not much incentive to throw good money after bad on the speedway side of things. Crying out for a new promotion to run the speedway team.

I was simply paraphrasing what Chapman said in this weeks Speedway Star, his words not mine " clubs should be able to have a guest for any missing riders that are on official duty elsewhere, or for whatever reason ".

If you haven't already, have a read of this topic http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=85183 there are some comments there on his latest words of wisdom.

Guests are just sticking plaster masking the real problems. Until premiership go to one or two nights and the other leagues different nights it will just be more and more guests

I've no axe to grind. My real interest in King's Lynn this year began when I happened to be on holiday in the region in the 2nd week in July. I looked at the fixture list for Thursday 13th July and saw a rather juicy match in prospect and arranged to be there. What happened next is well documented.

But before people begin to hang Buster for his "interest in speedway" I would point out the following. This was the league table on Wednesday 12th July

1 Belle Vue............14 34 (+16)

2 Wolverhampton..14 33 (+9)

3 King's Lynn.........12 25 (+7)

4 Poole..................13 24 (+3)

I've no axe to grind. My real interest in King's Lynn this year began when I happened to be on holiday in the region in the 2nd week in July. I looked at the fixture list for Thursday 13th July and saw a rather juicy match in prospect and arranged to be there. What happened next is well documented.But before people begin to hang Buster for his "interest in speedway" I would point out the following. This was the league table on Wednesday 12th July1 Belle Vue............14 34 (+16)2 Wolverhampton..14 33 (+9)3 King's Lynn.........12 25 (+7)4 Poole..................13 24 (+3)

The team under Dale's management was doing great but then .....

No point in looking too carefully at what 2018 might bring until the BSPA present their seemingly annual re-structuring plan. As the league structure, team strengths, team building averages, pay rates and d/u & guests are all up in the air, until much later there is not much to look forward to that might improve the fortunes of KLS. Even the very existence of the Stars seems to be hanging in the balance.

No point in looking too carefully at what 2018 might bring until the BSPA present their seemingly annual re-structuring plan. As the league structure, team strengths, team building averages, pay rates and d/u & guests are all up in the air, until much later there is not much to look forward to that might improve the fortunes of KLS. Even the very existence of the Stars seems to be hanging in the balance.

Too true my friend,,, My biggest fear is that the BSPA aren't aware of the severity of the problem, and will as usual paper over the cracks...

Three years ago, as many as 10 of us would meet up each meeting and have a thoroughly good time, Them numbers started to drop. We got down to 7, then 6. At the start of the year it went back up to 5, then to 3. From that July meeting with Poole I have been the only one left of that group, And since then I have missed a few. When speaking with them other members they got fed-up with the contempt to the fans, the product on show, the attitude of the riders, the whole package......the chances of them coming back rests on the fortunes and attitude of the sport bosses.

So please don't think we have no problems....,,

JFF time I suppose. Tonight's re-jigged team at Wolves is a good example of Just Fulfilling Fixture time. Thankfully BT are not covering it and thats an escape for the Stars management. It sounds as if a text was sent out to any available rider who fancied a spin. Perhaps the reality was that was the only reasonably priced option.

The most important person at the BSPA is not the Chairman but the "crack paperer" ( of course it could be same person! )

Is the Rye House meeting going to be arranged? If not, then Buster should put on an invitational meeting at the AFA before the end of the season.

Need something to end the season on a positive leading into the long cold winter.

Even if it's a mixed field, lets just have a well run meeting.

£10 admission obviously.

I would say as long as Leicester lose tonight at Rye House then I think the meeting won't be run would be cheaper to take a fine for not completing our fixtures- as for running a open meeting I think we more chance of Holder and Batch returning in 2018 - sooner our season is over the better.

I would say as long as Leicester lose tonight at Rye House then I think the meeting won't be run would be cheaper to take a fine for not completing our fixtures- as for running a open meeting I think we more chance of Holder and Batch returning in 2018 - sooner our season is over the better.

Any idea how I apply for a refund on my ticket last week because I don't think 25 pounds for one meeting is very good value!

Any idea how I apply for a refund on my ticket last week because I don't think 25 pounds for one meeting is very good value!

I don't sadly other than email the club but they often don't reply .And I agree £25 for one meeting isn't good value .

I don't sadly other than email the club but they often don't reply .And I agree £25 for one meeting isn't good value .

Ok thanks I am not holding my breath for a club statement on the matter.

Funny, Buster was falling over himself to offer refunds at the previous double header when it looked like the second meeting wasn't going to be run.

He even asked the ref to call it off.

If you're lucky you might get £7.20 back.

Contact the stadium maybe?